Ms. Spears-your 5 minutes are up!

While I admit Ms. Spears is cute and has a bit of talent she seems to be-well, making some dumb moves of late. :D She seems to be willing to do anything to get/keep her name/face/midriff in the limelight EXCEPT upgrade/change her act. Lotsa Pyrotechnics, smoke & mirrors, lotsa hot dancers . . . where's the beef?? Her vocal skills are, to be kind, dubious. OK-shoot me 'cuz I don't like her. :(

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

it would appear that she has traded her 10% talent for kissing Madonna, getting married in Vegas and for a bigger boob job! considering she only had 11% talent to start with, this shows how much she desires the publicity !!! :D

artists Like Bruce Dickinson, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, Nicko Mcbrain, Yanick Gers and Steve Harris have more talent in their little fingers then Ms Spears has in here Entire Body you might not know these people individually, but put them together, and you have one on the best (if not THE best) heavy metal bands of all time, Iron Maiden! they were formed in May '76, and still going strong of couse there are other bands too AC/DC, KISS, Metallica (pre "Load" (1983-1991), and anything as it isn't dance/drance, or hiphop or rap "music" as I don't see them as music as they don't sing!, then again some Metal vocalists scream "Cookie Monster" style! :D, I also don't like current music because they seem to have sold out to the "Qantity Not Quality" catch cry, I only hope that Iron Maiden or AC/DC's next album is so good that they help make a lot of other artists to make good albums again! not holding my breath though, especially here as Iron Maiden hasn't toured here in Australia since 1992! ("Fear Of The Dark" tour (phew need to catch my breath :( ) TALENT, pah! the only talent Britney has is down at the local brothel as she has a shocking taste in fashion! later, TXT-1

Pah! There's nothing wrong with Load / Reload! And S&M is a great album. Metallica and a symphony orchestra, what's not to love? Wasn't too impressed with St Anger though. I'm surprised you didn't mention Black Sabbath, certainly one of the most influential and enduring bands. Not to mention that Motorhead have been going since before time began and are still doing great music. Admittedly I've not heard the new Maiden album yet, but I was disappointed with Brave New World. That said, Fear of the Dark took time to grow on me.

You are entitled to your opinion and that's ok. My reasons for feeling as I do are as follows: 1) She is only marginally talented as a vocalist and dancer. She is surrounded by ABUNDANTLY talented people i.e. Choreographers, Lighting techs, Sound people not to mention hairdressers, make-up artists, hair, wardrobe and promotions staff not to mention Plastic Surgeons and, yes, she IS cute. 2) She is no longer a "rising star" and she knows it ergo the despirate attempts at ANY kind of publicity. Points: the Madonna Kiss & her recent "marraige". 3) When Ms. Spears travels she doesn't do interviews. She has a publicist and a "Handler" who keep her away from the press. Why? If left to her own devices Ms. Spears would plant BOTH feet in her mouth. 4) She just is not very bright. Face it-if her IQ were any lower she'd have to be watered. Could any of the ubquitious "US" do what she does? First one would be of the assumption we'd WANT to aspire to the level of Ms. Spears. Something I couldn't do without removing half of my brain. Quick Pro Quo! Could SHE do what I do? Not in a million years. Trust me, in 5 years we'll all be asking whatever happened to Brittney whats-her-name. Don't believe it? What's Moisha up to lately? Or how about ANY of the Spice Girls? Give me Queen Latifah anyday! She leaves more talent backstage than Ms. Spears will ever have.

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

I think even with her hand maidens, Britney will put both feet in her mouth! it's a matter of time! did she leave half of her brain in that red PVC catsuit she wore in her "Oops, I Did It Again" clip?? as for Motorhead, Sabbath and Zeppelin forgot about them (don't have any Motorhead or Zeppelin, but do have "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath". he "new" Metallica 1996-current has a few good song but generally is a disappontment Cliff Burton (Rip) would be turning in his grave if he knew how bad things Metalllica are now - they don't even do guitar solos anymore! things have changed 180 degrees from 1986 when they released "Master Of Puppets". The new Iron Maiden album "Dance Of Death" is infinitely better than St. Anger (that's my opinon and I'm sticking to it), and features many guitar solos which is good for a band that hasn't and won't sell out Metallica has sold out bug time, the Napster thing,and other little things that I can't remember at thge moment. later, TXT-1

she has admitted on TV that she has a foot fetish and she loves to have her feet licked and kissed! That's gotta be worth something!! :D There is no point in discussing the question of having talent or not in todays pop music industry. "Talent" is measured in $$$ made and there Ms. Spears has an enourmous talent! Comparing her to the great rock bands mentioned above is completely meaningless, two different worlds. She has turned into more of a icon than a great artist. She's kinda like David Beckham :(:( However, there are reasons for her popularity, and don't forget that her debut album was released in 1997 (or was it 98?) so she's been delivering what "the people" want for over 6 years now.

Queen Latifah has talent. Peggy Lee had Talent. Linda Eder has Talent. Basia has talent. Dolly has talent. Brittney is . . . cute. . . Only reason of late she still catches media attention is we are all fascinated awaiting her next inane stunt and after a while that will become old. She is the Zsa Zsa Gabor of this generation. People will pay of money to see a Doberman go at it with a Tazmanian Devil. They'll show up to see Brittney for a bit longer. It's entertaining-NOT Talent. She never had it & never will. Right now Brittney and her fans are at this great happy hour and Brittney is the cocktail of the moment. :drinking: The morning after they're all gonna wake up and down 4 asprin with a orange juice and wonder what in hell all the fuss was about. Moisha who? :D Danielle who? :( Tiffaney who? :( Brittney who?? :sleeping: Only a matter if time before bimbo girl is nuthin' but a faint memory. Hope she's smart with her $$$.

Brittney's IQ is reported to be 85. She'll never be a member of MENSA. :( Mine is, if you are interested, 160. :D

can't see what her iq has to do with anything? what has the ability to see the difference between one stupid figure and another stupid figure that look exactly the same have to do with beeing an artist? i missed a bit on the debut date above, it was in january 99, but it's still 5 years and that's too long to lable her as a 5 min wonder. Here are what her records have accomplished on the billboards charts so far: Baby One More Time Jan 99: - Largest Debut Album Sales by Female Artist - First Female Artist to Have #1 Single and Album Simultaneously Oops!...I Did It Again May 00: - First Female Artist to go Platinum in one week -1st place in most albums sold by a female artist in one week -2nd place in most albums sold by artist or group Britney Nov 01: - First Female Artist to have 3 consecutive albums at number one (!) In The Zone Nov 03: - First Female Artist to have 4 consecutive albums at number one (!!!) Britney holds the #1 (1.319 million for Oops! ... I Did It Again 5/09/00), #3 (745,744 for Britney (11/06/01) and #5 (current album) debuts on the Billboard Album 200 chart for any female artist in the history of Soundscan. Britney has the largest first week scans of any female artist in any week of 2003. These are US sales only! I have to say that I don't like her music (I'm more of a Bob Dylan guy) but these numbers are impressive, and you can't just ignore these facts even if you don't like her music. Someone obviously does...

She IS popular, no doubt. No, I do not care for music or personna. Talented? I think not. 5 years is a moment. Let's see where she is in 2009, if anywhere. This is just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Talented or not she still has made more money than you or I ever will. She's done that now, let alone in 5 years time or whenever her appeal happens to run out. So regardless of her IQ, she's made the best of herself, isn't that what counts?

I don't really like her music I bought "Oops I Did it Again" because of the red PVC catsuit she wore for the video,and the album was ok for about a month, but it got repeditive VERY quickly! brittney's IQ is 75? Forrest Gump had 70! (thats what they said in the movie) any yes I do realize he is fictional! later, TXT-1

I'm not a big fan of Britney's music, in much the same way as I don't like any other manufactured pop act. It doesn't bother me enough to rant about it though, I just quietly ignore it. Talented or not, she's not doing anyone any harm, and the people who buy her records obviously like her. I say admire her looks and just let her get on with it. As for her supposed IQ rating, it's irrelevant. She's a singer not a surgeon. IQ ratings are more a test of your ability to think laterally and recognise patterns than a true indication of intelligence anyway.

ive a qual in music and can play a lot of it myself, therefore i can say i know of lots of singers and what to listen for etc... Britney cant really sing that well at all, she can keep in tune thats about all. She tends to sing songs that are out of place for her 'optimum' vocal cords (the notes she can sing well) some songs have notes too low where she likes to try and croak, etc. so here we go. Talent...??? singing...not exactly fashion sense....from recent pictures no way publicuty stunts...annoying and obvious yes she is sexy, but dont forget that anyone with the same 6 hours worth of professional maje up treatment can look the same too. im not fooled by stage appearences daz

4) She just is not very bright. Face it-if her IQ were any lower she'd have

to be watered.

:rofl:

This isn't meant as a dig - I have the utmost respect for what Anita and several other regular posters have to say on most things. I am just having a hard time containing my laughter to see that comment coming from someone who resides in the USA. After all this is the country that voted for (and I use the word "voted" in the loosest possible sense) George W. Bush as their president. How my ribs are aching!

Yes, I think Bush may need some watering to improve his IQ also. Mind you, see my earlier comment on Britney, he's made it despite his affliction, so who can argue with success? It's easy to knock these people own, but could we acheive the same?