Apply For A Job Where I Can Wear My Heels

bionicbabe

Gay bar. Tough one. Maybe an office job that does deal with thepublc too Much or does face to face sales.

Seems someone else here was actually conducting such an experiment. Never did hear the results.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It all depends on your boss and coworkers. You could give it a try and see how it works out. Searching for a job specifically to wear heels seems like a bad idea to me. You're going to spend 8 hours a day there, so you better choose a job that you really like doing!

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Excellent advice, Jorisken. That's why I asked what his passion is. If you are engaged in work that involves a passion, it's far more satisfying than work that you don't care about. Steve

I was telling my mother today I want to work as a secretary or at a bank so I can wear some awesome heels! You guys seen some of the bank tellers in their 5" heels? Amazing!

I worked in pensions administration for seven years and wore block, wedge or blade heels with smart black trousers and a shirt. The dress code was smart casual Monday to Thursday and dress down/ casual Friday.

My attitude would be not to decide your career on the basis of heel wearing. The proper order is: 1: look for a good job with a friendly and liberal working environment. 2: make people appreciate you. 3: after that, see what you can do w.r.t. clothes. Putting point three at the top is a recipe for finding at best marginal jobs. Either that or you would have to be extremely lucky. OK, just my opinion Y.

Edited by yozz

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Gay bar? That's funny! But in all seriousness, they would respect everybody. They aren't all screwed up like the people that think the world revolves around them. Most gay men would not even want to wear heels in the first place. Just my observations from what ive seen in real life. I'm not bashing anybody. Everybody deserves to live the life they want to. God made us all in his own image. Everybody sgoyld be treated equal. I would kill to wear heels all dat at work. Anything is better than steel toe work boots everyday.

Seems someone else here was actually conducting such an experiment. Never did hear the results.

The results actually never did come to fruition. My current job takes up way too much of my time to make this happen. Would've been fun to try though!

My advice on a job is to pay attention to the things you enjoy doing... Then find someone that will pay you to do it. I didn't say paying attention to the things tha give you pleasure, there is a difference. I'm a computer geek. I realy enjoy making the machines do stuff... I really do. I have been doing data base administration for almost 25 years, and haven't gotten bored with the activity. I work for a company that values me as a resource. They also don't mind if I wear heel to the office. I haven't pushed the limits by wearing stilettos but I do wear 4" block heels on a regular basis. I'm happy with the comprimese I make of wearing male business casual attire with heeled boots. When making a decision to wear heel to work, consider your employer... they have to make a profit to keep you working. Don't do anything the compromises that. TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

bionicbabe, Some of the advice here is particuarly useful such as focusing on what stirs your passion (Steve63130) and considering your employer's ability to make a profit ...which'll keep you employed (Thighbootguy) and others. Certainly fashion-forward stores and places popular with alternative lifestyles are a starting point. Some times your freedom to express yourself is partly governed by the way you present yourself to others. If a worker (sex unimportant) is late, doesn't work well with others, and is less than inviting with the public then my view (as a manager) will be straightforward and inflexible. If however another employee is punctual, works well in a group, and is a valuable face to associate my company with then my view of that employee is far more likely to be flexible because I clearly what this employee means to my business. It all seems to come back to confidence. Give your best always and you'll probably get back more than you dreamed. HappyinHeels

I applied to Bakers recently to see if I could get hired there. Is my passion in life to sell women's shoes? No. I applied to get myself out of my comfort zone. One of the things I was t to do before I'm 40. A side effect of wanting to push the envelope would be selling as well as wearing women's shoes on in public and not down a dark alley at night. That's what drove my application, and I'm curious what it was would be like to do something like that. I guess that's the part of me that wanted me to go into journalism; do something out of the box, write about it and create dialog and understanding. I haven't heard back from Bakers and probably won't. I'm not certain that a guy wearing their merchandise is what they are looking for. But an experience like what Emery did is I thing what I need to get out of my comfort zone.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Bionicbabe, Agree with other suggestions about starting your own company and do what you like. But other avenues are possible, esthetics, cosmetic sales, salon services. Movie industry such as make up artist, hair stylist, clothes stylist. Personal shopper for elderly or disabled. Second hand clothing store owner, second hand shoe store. Then again the fashion business as well may offer chances to be who want, like fashion photgrapher, set sylist, style consultant to models, model (like model andrej pejic) who I think has done so amazing and very lucky, working with fashion shows and or fashion designers who all need worker bees. Then things like sommelier, wine merchants, wine retailing for special events. I have been trying to figure that one as well, have been looking at people who do where heels like the Spanish design consultant mentioned elsewhere here, Steve here who has an awesome situation selling mens hoseiry. But as mentioned elsewhere, we are only limited by our unwillingness to try something. However I wish I was 15 years younger in search of my for a new profession in heels. But will continue to do so.....

I kind of have the opposite problem. There is no way I could ever wear heels to work but I'm not bothered because I'm working at a job I'm pretty passionate about. I wear them all other times though...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Im looking for a job in june, plan is to wear heels when dropping off resumes, where would be some good simple jobs that i could get away with wearing heels?

Too bad your not in the Eastern U.S. . I know of a job/position being circulated as of this monday.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Those jobs are out there. I'm working one. It doesn't pay a lot, but I enjoy it immensely. My particular example is a case where my goals weren't very high to begin with. The bonus is being able to wear alternative fashion on the job.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I work as projectionist that includes box office sales. I also work the concession counter on occasion. So, Yes, I actively work with other coworkers and the general public. Skinny jeans and stiletto heels are my work wear.