White Pants - What's The Trick?

Daisuki

I got some white pants as I thought they would look good. They do (and fit great too), but I'm not sure they really work with black shoes or certainly not black socks. Any suggestions for what heels and socks/tights to wear with white or is bare foot (not my preference) the only way to go? Attached are a couple pics with different heels. Thanks,

post-519-0-52571100-1368334200_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-74757200-1368334206_thumb.jpg

How about wearing the pumps with no socks or nude hose? I'm not sure because I've never worn white pants before. But I think black goes with everything. I think you made it look quite nice.

Hi Daisuki,

if you want to wear open heels (sandals, court shoes, etc.) I would also suggest to either wear no socks at all or go with nude hose. You are clearly crossing a line with the heels anyway, and I've never seen someone wearing open heels with trouser socks. It just doesn't fit. Personally, I currently still prefer closed boots instead of sandals or court shoes.

Regarding the shoe color: It really depends on your overall outfit. Example:

• cognac (brown) high heel ankle boots, white jeans, petrol/cyan colored tunic, wide cognac colored belt over the tunic
  • black ankle boots, white jeans, black belt, black T-Shirt or white/black striped t-Shirt - monochromatic look
  • black ankle boots, white jeans, red belt, red top (t-shirt or dress shirt) - color mix
  • blue/white wedge sandals, white jeans, blue/white striped t-shirt -- for the maritime look

Thank you for the suggestions. Yeah, white is really tough to keep clean. I notice that even with white socks. I am sorry for the cross-post. Since it's really more about heels with white pants for this thread, I will continue it here. I will add a link to here from there. Attached are a few results of my pics this morning (my cat woke me up really early for California time), with the following other setups. 1) Knee high tights 2) White socks - same as the others, except white 3) Off White ankle high crew socks

post-519-0-18517800-1368359538_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-69339200-1368359550_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-71861700-1368359556_thumb.jpg

These white seem to be an improvement in appearance over the earlier black socks. The black socks seems to make the foot look "too big and blocky" rather than the "demere" foot.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I have to agree that the black socks make the foot look too big. Not really bad but just too big. I do prefer the white sock look with the white pants. It's a great look!! Jim

The combination of those shoes with white trousers is really nice. Of the photos you posted I like the off-white socks or the black diamond tights best. I'm not so keen on the other more solid black or white socks, I think the more sheer look is more attractive in this case. My personal favourite choice (other than barefoot) would be sheer tan tights.

If you like it, wear it.

Keeping them clean.

I never learned how to do that, could never get away with white ;)

Oh yea, forget the member here, but he had these white pants from Micili leather

Posted Image

(formerly known as "JimC")

Well, I'm against socks of any kind since they add bulk to the foot and makes shoes feel tighter than they should. Thinner hosiery works better. And yeah, keeping white ANYTHING (shoes, boots, pants, skirts, etc.) clean is a bitch.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Ok. For comparative purposes, here is the pic bare foot. I personally like the white socks look the best. Edit: I added another picture, with better contrast. And speaking of shoes w/o socks, it was about 100F here today. It's not sock season any more. ;)

post-519-0-46122100-1368408800_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-97176000-1368413276_thumb.jpg

I agree with most of the other commenters that the sockless option looks best. I'd go with the other more shiny pumps though. I think those just look better under white.

Ok, thanks. Here are a couple pics with the patent platform pumps with both white socks and bare foot. :)

post-519-0-14457000-1368449474_thumb.jpg

post-519-0-39007600-1368449480_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

They are Joan & David Flipp pumps. I have some more pics in my gallery:

http://www.hhplace.org/gallery/album/330-joan-david-flipp/

I think these have a nice shape, even w/o a pointed toe. What's best is that (at least this color) has an iridescent blue/purple highlight when in the sun. Some of the pics show this, but the effect is much more noticeable in person. It was a very nice surprise when I first got them.

Definitely has to be either barefoot or with sheer tan/nude hosiery only... I would not wear any other color of sock/hosiery with that combination of pants and shoe. Good for you for being bold enough to wear those pants. I would never attempt white myself :)

Definitely has to be either barefoot or with sheer tan/nude hosiery only... I would not wear any other color of sock/hosiery with that combination of pants and shoe.

Good for you for being bold enough to wear those pants. I would never attempt white myself :)

I wear white pants and white jeans, both in regular length and capri length all the time in the summer. I love wearing white slacks or jeans. I also like to wear bold colors in tops too, like every color of the rainbow. Sometimes I even match my top to the color of the shoes and or heels I am wearing. I often get great compliments, both from women and men too, on my appearance.

That's my $.02 worth.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

For comparative purposes, attached is a pic with some dark jeans I bought recently. W/o socks is definitely better, tho I am still reluctant to wear them bare foot in my case.

I will have more pic updates in my gallery.

http://www.hhplace.o...er/519-daisuki/

Very nice. Very nice indeed. If you plan to go barefoot, don't forget to put insoles in your shoes.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 weeks later...

They look fantastic! Do you think I could find them to be sent to my house in Europe without high USA import taxes?

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

I have several pairs of Guess "Carrie" pointed toe 4" stiletto pumps in many colors. I often wear the white pump with white pants and barefot or white hose. I also like a very nude white sandal with a 4" stiletto heel and no hose. My white pants are on the long side, the hem in the back is about 2" off of the floor, pretty much the same way that my jeans drape over my foot in my picture. E

Hi Daisuku, I have some stretch white pants (similar style) and many more white outfits that I wear. In terms of Heels Nude Leopard pop a bright colour such as Red, or maybe hot-pink, neon green!? Silver/Gold or metallic heels might work For Jackets pair a black jacket (and leopard heels with gold accessories) looks awesome Pink jacket with white legs/ white dress also looks really good. hope this helps Cheers Heel-Lover

Hi Daisuku,

I have some stretch white pants (similar style) and many more white outfits that I wear.

In terms of Heels

Nude

Leopard

pop a bright colour such as Red, or maybe hot-pink, neon green!?

Silver/Gold or metallic heels might work

For Jackets

pair a black jacket (and leopard heels with gold accessories) looks awesome

Pink jacket with white legs/ white dress also looks really good.

hope this helps

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Might have to try some of these myself. Thanks!