Progress... Or Just Wishful Thinking?

SleekHeels

Wishful thinking huh? A prime example of a guy in heels in a picture of a guy in heels (I'm assuming) for something for sale other than heels. They seem to know who their customers are.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Women's fashion often sells men's ware as a style. Not to burst any bubbles but that's a woman modeling a men's ware style not a man in heels.

Thats a woman in that picture and probably a typo to begin with.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

It is considered a market strategy to call something mans wear to sell it to women. How much would you sell if you call something woman's wear while you put it in the mans department? Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Absolutely a woman modeling those (some other pictures on that page confirm that). That and when you look up True Religion shorts on other sites, all of the shorts described as "Capri" are clearly in the women's section, and similar men's versions of the same length and style are either called "cut-off" or "cargo" shorts (eg. @ Neiman Marcus), so yep... its a typo.

Just a simple typo. Don't read anything more into it.

Absolutely Steve (and others), but it's a nice typo and a little glimpse into a parallel universe ;)

How much would you sell if you call something woman's wear while you put it in the mans department?

Exactly! It highlights how far we are from equal respect for masculinity and femininity. Anything in the men's department coming from the women's department usually has some ridiculous "man" branding attached to it (like "manbag", "meggings", "mantyhose", "murse", "mankini").This social stigma towards femininity is detrimental to the whole of society, women and men. I don't wait to wear "milettos", I want to wear "stilettos".

If you like it, wear it.

What's the difference between cut-offs and capris? Is it the hem being or not being folded and sewn? Is it that cut-offs are made mostly from denim material and capris are made of linen, canvas, or some other fabric? Actually, the difference is from societal ignorance of the last 100 fashion years. Both styles of pants have been worn by both men and women.

The wording could be along the lines of boyfriend jeans for girls.

(A male design for women)

My thoughts exactly.

Sure, there are lots of boyfriend jeans and boyfriend cardigans for girls, but the marketing phenomenon of girlfriend jeans for boys hasn't even blipped on the radar. Not that I care from a fashion point of view, I just wear what I like and the labels go in the bin, but it does reflect the imbalance in social attitudes.

Histiletto, the definitions of capri-pants and cropped pants that I've seen tend to be gender-specific (yawn) and, as hhboots says, the mens version tend to be called cargo pants. I take cut-offs to mean long trousers that have been cut short, rather than styled short to begin with. In any case they're great for showing off heels. My personal preference is for a shorter length (between mid-calf and below the knee) because the longer just-above-the-ankle style just looks like bad-fitting trousers on me and makes my legs look short even with heels. I also think a skinny fit looks better with smart heels, but maybe a looser fit looks ok with casual wedge sandals. It would be interesting to hear what capri+heel combinations people like to wear/see...?

If you like it, wear it.

We won't have any progress until we do what the women do: wear what we want, and don't care what others think. That's what I do! I can wear 4" heels anywhere. I feel naked without heels. Its just part if my look. Heels are the focal point of my outfits. It could be a typo, or trying to cater to a small number of people that like to dress like a fashionista.

Sure, there are lots of boyfriend jeans and boyfriend cardigans for girls, but the marketing phenomenon of girlfriend jeans for boys hasn't even blipped on the radar. Not that I care from a fashion point of view, I just wear what I like and the labels go in the bin, but it does reflect the imbalance in social attitudes.

Histiletto, the definitions of capri-pants and cropped pants that I've seen tend to be gender-specific (yawn) and, as hhboots says, the mens version tend to be called cargo pants. I take cut-offs to mean long trousers that have been cut short, rather than styled short to begin with. In any case they're great for showing off heels. My personal preference is for a shorter length (between mid-calf and below the knee) because the longer just-above-the-ankle style just looks like bad-fitting trousers on me and makes my legs look short even with heels. I also think a skinny fit looks better with smart heels, but maybe a looser fit looks ok with casual wedge sandals. It would be interesting to hear what capri+heel combinations people like to wear/see...?

I'm with you, Sleekheels.

I like to wear my capris between mid calf and my knee. My cropped jeans are about 3" above my ankle.

I usually wear wedge heel sandals or clogs with stacked heels with my capris, which are always loose fitting. When I wear my cropped jeans, again I will wear, wedge heel sandals and heeled clogs like I wore tonight. And I have worn loafer pumps and platform pumps too with both capris and cropped pants.

I have experimented with skinny fitting capris, but Idon't like the look on me. This summer I am going to try Hue "Jeans Style leggings" in a capri length, just to see how the look suits me. Started wearing the Hue, "Jeans Style Leggings" this past winter with both knee boots and heels and I like the look very much. Got several compliments from the ladies and those are the best kind for a man.

I have capris, in jeans style (Women's) and have both capris and cropped styles, in men's pants like Dockers that have been shortened to the length, that I wear. I also have them in many colors and I am very comfortable wearing them with some type of heeled foot wear, during warmer weather. I have also worn capri pants or jeans with knee boots in colder weather. That look was popular a couple years ago, but every now and then I see that look on women during the winter months. Now that skinny jeans are the rage tucked inside knee boots, I still wear the other look but not as much, as I used to. Sometimes that look is called "gaucho pants", but they are very wide at the bottom.

BTW, another name for men's capri look jeans or pants are, "Judo Shorts". I have seen that name used in a couple of men's wear mail order catalogs. Call it what you want, I still tell all that I wear capris! That term may be associated with women, but if us men start using the term too, maybe male fashion designers will too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 1 month later...