Anyone Go Heeling With Their Mother?

Curt

This has got to get some responses! My parents finally realise that I love heels. Mostly for the trendy fashion, and a bit for the sexy look. For me, its mostly for the sexy look. My mom asked me why I love heels so much. I told her that a lot of men and women think heels are amazing. She didn't buy it, so I had to tell her I love womens fashions and that 90% of my wardrobe is womens, and that nothing has changed in mens fashions in almost a century! Women have all the cool options and colours. Tall boots, ankle boots, pumps, wedges, stilettos, thigh high boots and all the clothes to go with them. Guys have flat black shoes and unflattering clothes to go with it. I told her I want to flaunt my sexy body with some wicked outfits. She layed it on the line and said: I'm going with you to all the hot spots saturday night decked out in tighest clothes and the highest heels we can get! I said: cool! Ill show you I've got it all going on. But be prepared to expect a lot of attention from other women who love heels! Iill keep you guys updated on how it goes!

My parents didn't know how to cope with their son wanting to wear what they considered girls shoes. Even though I often showed them how much I wanted to have my own pair, the subject was so taboo in my youth, that I felt like I was an alien from another world having been sent to them to be raised in this environment. To their credit, they did continued to put up with my exhibitions with out inflicting any of the physical injuries, but the shame that was projected with each incident was more mentally debilitating and confining. Like most youngun, the need for some degree of acceptance in society encouraged me to become secretive and distrust everyone that might discover my heeling desire. Therefore, I'm sorry to report that even having any sit down conversation with my parents about wearing "girls shoes" never happened. Knowing what I know now, I would have tried harder to initiate something just for a better understanding and relationship with them.

No, and this will never happen. With my history, my parents would always fear that heels are just a first step towards living full time as a woman. Although this is no longer what I want to do, even mentioning something unusual in terms of fashion is an alarm signal and will lead to lengthy discussions. Just about 3 weeks ago, out of the blue my mom says to me on the phone: "I've had an unusual dream last night. I saw you in a dress. It was a nice dress, but I didn't like you wearing it. So... do you have a dress in your closet?"- me: "nope." - mom: "are you sure?" - me: "yes, definitely" - mom: "really?" - me: "mom, stop it." It's one of those topics that I will never ever discuss with my parents again. It's quite a shame. While browsing stuff online I often see things that I know my mom would like, but I just cannot tell her "hey... while browsing this women's only fashion site, I found (place item's name here) and thought you might like it". In addition, whenever I sew stuff for myself that is a male adaptation of a female garment (e.g. currently working on a modified tunic), I refrain from telling my parents. I worked on that tunic today as it was a bank holiday here. Phone call with my parents tonight: "So what did you do today?" -- me: "Laundry and clean up my apartment". I just wonder whether my parents just don't want to see the obvious things. As my apartment is not that big, I've got about 30 shoe boxes sitting in my basement. You just have to take a single look inside the storage room to see them. My dad visited a few weeks ago and fetched the toolbox from the storage room - no word about the shoe boxes. All in all, a topic that will never be discussed. Then again, I never talked to my parents with how many people they slept before they met - there are just some topics that are non of their/my business. I will keep it that way.

Whilst walking through a mall.. Mother : " Look at that NineWest display! Those are very nice shoes! The bright patent yellow ones! " Me : "Yep. Love Furys." Mother : " You have a pair? " Me : " Yep. " Mother : " I need to borrow them for .. " Me : " 2 sizes to big mom, knock it off and go buy your own. They are right there, 20 feet away!! " Cant shop with her. :(

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I might do it, but my mom is actually not really interested in high heels. I rarely see her wearing anything higher than an inch, and I don't like her shoes anyways :P So going out with my mother just to wear heels together won't happen, but I might wear non-obvious heels her when the time is right. She's absolutely not in favour of the idea of me heeling in public. I hope that will change, because I'm stuck at their house for at least 5 more years.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

This has got to get some responses! My parents finally realise that I love heels. Mostly for the trendy fashion, and a bit for the sexy look. For me, its mostly for the sexy look.

My mom asked me why I love heels so much. I told her that a lot of men and women think heels are amazing. She didn't buy it, so I had to tell her I love womens fashions and that 90% of my wardrobe is womens, and that nothing has changed in mens fashions in almost a century! Women have all the cool options and colours. Tall boots, ankle boots, pumps, wedges, stilettos, thigh high boots and all the clothes to go with them. Guys have flat black shoes and unflattering clothes to go with it. I told her I want to flaunt my sexy body with some wicked outfits.

She layed it on the line and said: I'm going with you to all the hot spots saturday night decked out in tighest clothes and the highest heels we can get!

I said: cool! Ill show you I've got it all going on. But be prepared to expect a lot of attention from other women who love heels!

Iill keep you guys updated on how it goes!

Very cool mom.

Yes, I have done that several times, starting with this story:

http://www.hhplace.org/topic/14142-heeling-with-mom/

Hey pumps, that was a great story! My mom really isn't crazy about my heels, I think she wants to see if I can really get it on. She will see that guys can be fearless with fashion just like women can.

I often go out in heels with my Mum. She doesn't wear hers any more as she suffers from Parkinson's disease and has had a couple of nasty falls.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well is can not happen now as my mother checked out last Nov. However in her time living in extended care I wear edge heels while visiting and taking out for walks. But I think that she no longer noticed those kind of things. But years ago I am sure she knew I had some shoes in the house during my 20's. She also wore heels in her prime years which I credit her for my heeling and womens fashion likes. So now there is nothing or any family holding me back.....can envision her comments.

Mom caught me once trying on my grandmother's heeled red loafer style - Grandma wore a size 8.5 while Mom wore 5.5 - I was told it was wrong for me to do that - I think I was maybe 12 to 13 years old. It might have been wrong but I was already "hooked" on heels. I knew from that point on; it had to be my "little" secret.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I am not able to heel with my mother, as she has passed away several years, however I do wear heels in front of my mother-in-law,( not very often) of which I did just tonight. She really has never commented one way or another to me, She may have said something to her daughter, my wife, about my heeling. I know that when she was younger she used to wear some pretty high heels, herself. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Lost my mum 2 years ago if she was able to I think she would have done.

I have a picture my sister took of her nicely glam-ed up 30 years ago or so at 5'11/2" she needed some height, size 5uk shoes.

What she is wearing in the picture look almost extreme for the time. I'll sort it out shortly.

Al

Here she is.post-2779-0-85831000-1368344387_thumb.jp

Al

Edited by Alsheels

My mother found out about my heels before my wife did. She doesn't understand how I can walk in them for any length of time.

I have a picture my sister took of her nicely glam-ed up 30 years ago or so at 5'11/2" she needed some height, size 5uk shoes.

What she is wearing in the picture look almost extreme for the time. I'll sort it out shortly.

Al

Al

Lovely picture, Al.

Al

Al

I can see the family resemblance, Al. Back in the day when women were ladies.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Ha ha, I definitely look more like my dad even the mannerisms escape however he would never approve ever. I was caught in part CD'ing and got the heavy lecture. He accepted my platforms of the day (mid 70s) but I did decline to dance with my mum at one do whilst in my high ones and got the cold shoulder from her for a few days. Al

My mom knew I had heels as a kid, but they were usually thrown out when found :( She had a bad stroke a few years back and has a tough time communicating, so I doubt I would go further then wearing hidden wedge sneakers around her. Not sure if I will wear spike heels around any family really. An Easter or so ago they all found it funny that I've had to dip into the womens shoe sizes due to having small feet, but I did not mention that I actually like being able to shop in the womens side.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Man, twas quite scary to read a lot of the comments here, not scary meaning to not comment but scary because many of you are good at what you do - heeling/in public, etc. - yet, no support from the top dog herself. I also am with a mom whom doesn't really accept it, but I believe she knows that I Will move out someday and that I Will nab as many heels as I can on that day. Probably why she keeps mentioning that I "have it best living with her" but she forgets "...and the step-dad, and the little sister" which, the former, is my reason for wanting to leave sooner (the step-dad) but not too soon as to have no support or back-up money to lean on, but I digress. But it is to the point that I am waiting for us to ask either "Can I see you in your shoes?" or "Try these on" in the store. On that day...someone might have a heart attack.

Formally "HHDude"

Thanks for your responses guys! I did it! I went heeling with mom. We went to the mall, starbucks and out to dinner. I wore the portside pumps(the ones in my avatar), and she wore stacked heel boots and a skirt. I couldn't get any pictures(I wish!) I don't want her to think of it as a fetish. All went well, and she said I look quite trendy. Not al all like a crossdresser, just a person that wants to make changes in the currant lame offerings for men. Ill try to get a pic of her. She says she has a picture of herself in a cocktail dress and strappy pumps. Can't wait to see that!

Thanks for your responses guys! I did it! I went heeling with mom. We went to the mall, starbucks and out to dinner. I wore the portside pumps(the ones in my avatar), and she wore stacked heel boots and a skirt. I couldn't get any pictures(I wish!) I don't want her to think of it as a fetish. All went well, and she said I look quite trendy. Not al all like a crossdresser, just a person that wants to make changes in the currant lame offerings for men. Ill try to get a pic of her. She says she has a picture of herself in a cocktail dress and strappy pumps. Can't wait to see that!

That is too cool pumpcat! My mom does not wear heels much anymore. But I still dream of the day when I can be out in public with her openly wearing some heels of my own.

It is weird in society's point of view, because most people aren't used to seeing it. But if you think for yourself, and leave the other people out of it, it doesn't seem wrong or weird for me. High heels are just great, FACT. You can personally think whatever you want, society will always find it at least weird. It's up to us to get over it and be ourselves.

When I was just discovering the joys that heels brought forth, I was caught by my Mom trying to put on a pair of 2 inch red moc-toe pumps of my grandmothers. Her foot and mine were close in size as my Mom's was way too small for me. I was told in no uncertain terms that me trying on and wearing heels was very inappropriate. I explained I was just trying to find what size of shoes fit. Mom did not buy the excuse at all. I wish it could have been different. .

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

And how is the relation between your mother and your heels now, jetheelsfan? Any progress, or nothing but dead silence about the subject?

Things are okay with us. She still doesn't like them too much, even for herself. But she was glad she went out with me. She can see its just fashion, no big deal.

Well, I haven't gone out with my mom in heels however she has seen the full range of my collection. For the first few months after my son was born and my wife went back to work I would "work" from home two days a week. I found that I couldn't really get much work done. After doing that a few times it wound up that mid-morning my mom would come over to help with him so I could get some work done. This was also about the time that I started wearing my heels out to coffee regularly. One time my mom was inquiring as to what was new so I said that I am actually starting to wear my heels out and about and that as it turns out it really isn't that big of a deal to others - at least that I see. So I wound up grabbing a pair that I typically wore and she loved them. By the time my son was done napping she had seen most if not all of my shoes. She is 76 years old now and hasn't been able to wear heels in a good 15 years. It was kind of cool because toward the end she pointed out how the tides had turned. Twenty years ago she was wearing great heels and I was envious of what she could wear. Now I am the one out in great heels and she is envious of what I can wear. I tell you it was one of the better moments that I have had with my mom. She is perhaps one of the better supporters that I have to my wearing heels. I just wish that I had been more open about it with her when I was Jorisken123's age. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Well, when my mom saw me wearing platform pumps for the first time, I asked her to put them on. She didn't want to, but my brothers' girlfriend was there, and just loves fashion as much as I do, and would stick up for me if I get any hassle of my trendy dressing style. So she tried them on and couldn't walk in them. I'm a size 10 w, and she's a size 7.5w. She said it wasn't the size, it was the bloody height. So I put them on and strutted like a model. She said I can walk better in heels than most women. Instant respect. I think she only went heeling with me just to see some of the strange looks I would get. The total opposite! Quite a few women liked my heels and wanted to know where I got them, they wanted them for themselves. How cool is that. My mom said: you were probably female in a post life. I said: not too far off in this life. I think my dad would have some questions if he saw mom and I dressed like ashlee and jessica simpson on the town. Oh no! I got the same name as her, just differest spelling! Ashley.