Have You Ever Taken Painkillers To Cope With Your High Heels?

Louise28

Hi all, I was chatting to my friend Sarah yesterday who had worn some new high heels for work and found that during a busy day that her feet were killing her. She said that she'd been rushing around all day and that she was in real pain, then quite unexpectedly she added something like "oh i've just taken some Ibuprofen, hopefull that will help" I was a bit surprised, never having thought of taking painkillers to lessen foot pain like that. Is that something people on here have tried? Louise

No I haven't, i'm not one for taking pills unless I'm actually ill and achy feet isnt an illness, but i have to admit that after she said it I did start wondering whether it works! I've always got some paracetamol or something in my desk for if i get a headache, she did say taking the pills would help.

But really achy feet are just telling to sit down and put your feet up.

Mine are definitely telling me that just now Megan!

Ended up talking long walk at lunchtime in my lovely new slingbacks, got more than a bit achy now

• 2 years later...

Yes Aspirin is my friend. Not really for my feet but often for cramps i get in my soles and my calves. Sometimes so painful that I almost wince in pain.  A couple of aspirin or tylenol does help

• 1 year later...
On 2013-05-03 at 4:19 AM, Louise28 said:

Hi all, I was chatting to my friend Sarah yesterday who had worn some new high heels for work and found that during a busy day that her feet were killing her. She said that she'd been rushing around all day and that she was in real pain, then quite unexpectedly she added something like "oh i've just taken some Ibuprofen, hopefull that will help" I was a bit surprised, never having thought of taking painkillers to lessen foot pain like that. Is that something people on here have tried? Louise

On 2015-06-15 at 1:56 PM, Dancer Girl said:

Yes Aspirin is my friend. Not really for my feet but often for cramps i get in my soles and my calves. Sometimes so painful that I almost wince in pain.  A couple of aspirin or tylenol does help