Carrying / Transporting Your High Heels To And From

Bridget

Ladies how do you carry your high heels to and from work? I pay so much for my shoes and would like to know how anyone else gets there shoes too and from work / or when travelling? Or what your frustration are travelling with your shoes. Love to hear the feedback.

Ladies how do you carry your high heels to and from work?

I pay so much for my shoes and would like to know how anyone else gets there shoes too and from work / or when travelling? Or what your frustration are travelling with your shoes.

Love to hear the feedback.

Hi Bridget, welcome to HHPlace.

Good question this. For me I make the journey to and from work wearing my heels, and I also travel in them for work or often for other things too. I've got a good collection of heels, very few pairs of flats and i keep my trainers to running only really. I am not a fan of the "office outfit and trainers" look at all so I wear my heels, and of course they do wear!

Louise

When I drive I always exchange mine for trusty flats which I keep under the seat of the car. When I travel I pack them individually in little velvet drawstring backs and they always go in the Hard shelled wheelie luggage. I put socks in my carry on flight bag to keep my feet warm and off the sticky carpets on Russian internal flights.(Also I'm sure would prove very handy if you crash land in polar regions) I usually don't wear expensive shoes for any kind of travel. I tend to wear comfy ankle strap or T bars without pointed toes. If you need to make an impression on landing then the posh ones are packed inside the socks in your carry on. Never wear white, cream or light colored skirts, dresses or trousers in case you spill your wine. (nothing to do with heels I know) Frustrations are a delay prior to a connection which causes one to have to walk much faster than is comfortable. Hiking across Minneapolis st Paul airport. Pavements (sidewalks) below 40 degrees Latitude. People who stand and get packed and dressed at security on the other side of the bag scanner conveyor while I'm on tiptoe waiting with my tray in full view. I've actually adopted a zero tolerance policy here now so watch out if any of you happen to be one of them. I could go on and on grr

When I drive I always exchange mine for trusty flats which I keep under the seat of the car. When I travel I pack them individually in little velvet drawstring backs and they always go in the Hard shelled wheelie luggage. I put socks in my carry on flight bag to keep my feet warm and off the sticky carpets on Russian internal flights.(Also I'm sure would prove very handy if you crash land in polar regions)

I usually don't wear expensive shoes for any kind of travel. I tend to wear comfy ankle strap or T bars without pointed toes. If you need to make an impression on landing then the posh ones are packed inside the socks in your carry on. Never wear white, cream or light colored skirts, dresses or trousers in case you spill your wine. (nothing to do with heels I know)

Frustrations are a delay prior to a connection which causes one to have to walk much faster than is comfortable.

Hiking across Minneapolis st Paul airport.

Pavements (sidewalks) below 40 degrees Latitude.

People who stand and get packed and dressed at security on the other side of the bag scanner conveyor while I'm on tiptoe waiting with my tray in full view. I've actually adopted a zero tolerance policy here now so watch out if any of you happen to be one of them.

I could go on and on grr

Much good long distance travel advice from you there Amanda! might take notes myself! I'm naughty and don't switch to flats for driving. Interesting what you said about t-straps or ankle straps for the airport. i tend to go for courts i can slip off easily, without bending down to unstrap if I get asked by the security folks to remove my shoes!

x

Much good long distance travel advice from you there Amanda! might take notes myself! I'm naughty and don't switch to flats for driving. Interesting what you said about t-straps or ankle straps for the airport. i tend to go for courts i can slip off easily, without bending down to unstrap if I get asked by the security folks to remove my shoes!

x

Slip ons are easier at security for sure but not if you have to get a move on to make a connection which I often seem to have to. (wish my hold luggage understood the importance of moving swiftly in a tight connection) Whatever time I might loose unbuckling is made up for by not wearing any jewelery.

Slip ons are easier at security for sure but not if you have to get a move on to make a connection which I often seem to have to. (wish my hold luggage understood the importance of moving swiftly in a tight connection) Whatever time I might loose unbuckling is made up for by not wearing any jewelery.

lol you've "done a Cinderella" at the airport once or twice too then?

Oh and moving lots of luggage around an airport wearing heels can be a bit of a 'mare too!

oh and i meant to ask what happened at mineapolis st paul! that sounds like you had a really bad time there Amanda?

oh and i meant to ask what happened at mineapolis st paul! that sounds like you had a really bad time there Amanda?

It has to do with connections and hiking. There's miles and miles of it.

• 4 years later...
On 5/3/2013 at 6:17 AM, Louise28 said:

x

My husband likes me to make a scene so he forces me to wear 6 inch stiletto knee high boots at the airport.  They don't zip and must be laced up.  He likes watching me struggle to re lace them quickly in front of everyone after getting through security.  Do to the shoe bomber my airport always makes us remove shoes.

Edited by Charlotte
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/3/2013 at 11:18 AM, Bridget said:

Ladies how do you carry your high heels to and from work?

Since i needed to go to work by car i changed to flats while driving. I am able to drive in heels but i am a better driver in flats. And driving in heels is a sure way to ruin the heels of a shoe, at least in our car.