Walking in ballet shoes

I don't now if this clip have been discussed before, but it shows a woman walking in ballet shoes. :D (She must be a ballet dancer) It also shows several others trying, including a man. rtsp://video.sat1.de/ondemand/blitz/absatz2512.rm

I'd love to catch the interview with the guy from LSB without the translator.

The best I've done while wearing ballet boots outdoors would be these two vids:

http://homer.bus.miami.edu/~jcornell/bb/11-13-02-1.avi

and

Warning: wind noise on both of those :D

Those are not the same type of ballet boots worn by the lady though, the best I can show for the more severe style of boots would be this clip

--Warning-- bondage content, but no nudity (straight jacket, catsuit)

http://balletboots.net/walking1.avi

Oh well, thats all I have right now, I'll try to get more done with my LSB boots outside soon.

Seeya

Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

I'd love to catch the interview with the guy from LSB without the translator.

The best I've done while wearing ballet boots outdoors would be these two vids:

and

Jim

I suppose these two links were meant to be two different ones, Jim? (Quite impressive walking skills though!)

Emma

*blush* Thanks everyone :D The black patent boots in a couple of the clips are actually a little less severe then most other ballet boots I've tried. They do not put the foot totally vertical so it's easier to walk. I've even worn them to a bar, and no-one noticed.. hehe ... ok, long pants hid most of them, but no-one even noticed that I was 6" taller, nor that I was walking 'funny'.. Nor did I have too many problems driving a stick shift jeep. (back roads) I've been practicing with my TLSB boots also.. I may try a couple vid's tonight to show the diference. Maybe a comparison of all 3. Once again, thanks for the compliments!

Yes, but not quite as smoothly, and for only about 20 minutes at a time. As far as practice time, I do not get as much as I'd like since my heels are not 100% apreaciated at home.. not to mention all the issues of being in a new house, too much crap to do and ballet boots are only practical for a few things. I did use them while re-painting my old place, they allowed me to trim the edge of the wall against the celing without needing a ladder :D have a good one Jim

Ok, here is a quick vid showing me in my Little Shoe Box boots. Not the best, but its just a quick test. This is after walking outside to get batteries, followed by two trips up the stairs. I may try again later tonight, see if I can get a bit of a smoother walk. If so then I will edit this post :D

http://balletboots.net/dscf0032.avi

Jim

It appears that you are draging your right leg. Kind of like you are in pain and forcing yourself to step forward. Good work, though. You make walking in them appear easy.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to download the file on the first post...can someone help me or give me a location to get it from please. I kinda want to see this since it sounds very interesting.

We are what we are, let nothing stand in our way in what we do

Ok thats two of us with the same problem, can someone upload it to one of their websites or get it sent over via email since I wasn't able to download the clip either, never mind viewing it. Priddy Priddy please

• 3 weeks later...

If someone has the file on their harddrive can they PM me and I'll send them my email address so I can get the file that way..I've been trying to download this file since my last post on this topic and I've not had any joy.

• 3 weeks later...

It is also stored in the files section of this yahoo group: http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/BalletbootsFrance/ You will have to join it in order to download it.

Seeya

Jim

I video-taped the original SAT.1-feature and made an mpeg-1 out of it. I only need to trim it a bit but don't have any comfortable video-cut software. The bad news: It's about 90MB in size the way it is now and hence I don't know where to put it for public download. I didn't check yet what happens / what it downsizes to when the video is divx-/mpeg4-ed...

CU!

-Mike

I used to have a gig of space availiable to me at a large univerisity in Miami.. Although they did notice a HUGE increase in web usage when I decided to store some things there a while back. The friend who set me up said something about not much other campus traffic could get through.. oops. Unfortunatly I cannot afford to host that large of a file on my site. I'd love to see it though, so I will keep an eye open for a place to stash it. I have a fast connection at home, so maybe I can set up a home web server. *shrug* Jim

Well, I'm getting 447 kilobits down at work, we used to see over 3megabits at the apartment, but have yet to test it with the new house.

• 6 months later...

Hrm.. not much from me recently.. been a bit busy with work and an illness in the family. Might see if I can set something up in the not too distant future... I have been poking around to find better ways for lightning inside the house, which is one of the roadblocks to good vid footage I've had. Seeya Jim

Hi I just joined and thought I tell you about a girl I saw yesterday. I was waiting for a train and this cute young lady was sat near me. She wore a white furry type coat, blue jeans and very flat pink ballet shoes. Now I know this is a high heels site and I love them but I also love seeing dead flat ballet shoes, especially when they're worn in the street. Anyway, when the train came she got up and walked to it. Not only were her jeans totally skintight (I don't know how she could sit down in them!) she had a great figure and the ballet shoes were awesome as she walked. I nearly asked if I could have a shoe job but thought better of it. Rob

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

• 3 weeks later...

Heh. I like a "well turned ankle" even if seen in stylish flats, and some of the flats have a massive amount of "toe cleavage" visible too.

However you might be surprised at the "ballet" shoes that this thread is about. The foot is flat, but nearly vertical instead of horizontal.

Example: images. Example: videos.