Interesting Celine Dion Article

radiodave

She from Quebec, where people live their lives to the beat of a different drum. The cultural differences are astounding, outside of it being nearly entirely French speaking.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think she is great! And she never forgot where she came from. She is one of the very few people that used her god given talents to the fullest. She might seem quite self centered in interviews, but I think she is a very decent person. I can sing and play quite a few of her songs on the piano. Very inspiring.

Shafted is correct, Celine Dion is from Quebec, one of 14 children in fact, and from a province that functions more as an independent country than just another of Canada's provinces. A total area of 643,000 aquare miles (1,659,000 sq. km) makes it larger than Alaska and 2.8 times larger than France and has a history which stretches back to 1534. It blends things such as 1500 rivers, 300,000 lakes, mountains 3000-5000 feet, beaches, canyons, tundra, more wildlife than you can imagine, a true winter wonderland, steeped in history, and woven together with the allure of the French culture with a Canadian sense of peace and order. No wonder it is a tourist magnet. The only negative is that it is Canada's most expensive province but you will love your stay. My father was raised there on a large farm which has been in the family since 1841 and I just made a trip there in early February. HappyinHeels

I'd like to add from personal experience that the guys from Quebec City can be just as stylish as the women. And the women are no slouches. I've been there before plus I see and meet many on their way to Old Orchard Beach and Ogunquit, Maine. Guys from Quebec City are exactly the type who could pull off high heels if they wanted to. My morning hangout at McDonald's is a very popular stop for them. I should probably add that they see me in my stilettos if they stop by for breakfast. Just recently a tour bus filled with teenagers from Quebec City got a good look at me in stiletto boots, skinny jeans, a tee and a women's pinstripe blazer with black satin lapels. Lots of stolen glances and smiles from the girls. Not just being visible though, but interacting with the rest of the regulars, many whom one would assume would not be accepting. Hell one of them was my government teacher from high school.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

This article would have been even more interesting if the older son (12 or 13 years old) was into high heels and she was supportive of him wearing them. It is her 2.5 year old son that is into heels. This is considered quite normal for a 2.5 year old and it is normal for the mother to support him, so there is really nothing unusual here.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

This article would have been even more interesting if the older son (12 or 13 years old) was into high heels and she was supportive of him wearing them. It is her 2.5 year old son that is into heels. This is considered quite normal for a 2.5 year old and it is normal for the mother to support him, so there is really nothing unusual here.

I'm with you on that. As soon as I started reading, I was greatly disappointed. Only 2-and-a-half? Might as well have been a 6-month old. At least that would have been a story worth reading! And I could only imagine the comments being the most downright dumbest, close-minded typing on the planet. Loosen up, people. It's a 2+ year old, not your own kids. You can only wonder what would happen if their kids came out that way.

Formally "HHDude"