A Rant...

WedgeHider

I suppose I should be happy, because as someone who conceals my predilection for heels, the arrival of these shoes (in women's 11, which I can barely squeeze into) is a watershed moment: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/skechers-raise-your-glass-wedge-sneaker-women/3417487 (not sure how to embed images. but these are the Skechers Hidden Heel) I should be grateful that the basic concept that I've been waiting for for years has finally come to fruition - a wedge heel that can be worn without anyone knowing the difference. Hell, I am grateful that I live in times like these. But I can't help to be disappointed - they're only 3" high. I figured out how to walk in those a decade ago. I want something higher, something challenging. Please, take my money for 4" or 5" wedges that can be worn without attracting attention. (I know that there are a large number of individuals on this forum who want to attract attention; I am not one of them). I practice at home with 5 inchers; three inches doesn't even feel like anything other than my regular gym shoes. I know that this will fall on deaf ears with regards to the shoe manufacturers, which is why I labeled this thread "a rant". Maybe they will catch up to the market (I hope), but I actually like the feeling of trying to walk with a very steep heel. My step shortens; I tend to stand much more erect; my knees and ankles stay straighter. I enjoy the effort of trying to find a balance. I do not, however, want to attract the attention that accrues with the clicking that is characteristic of a non-wedge heel. Ok, rant is complete now.

Not really a ' rant ' , but a very informed observation from my view. I too have a pair of wedge hi-tops. I havent worn them all that much.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Maybe you can buy higher wedges and ask your cobbler to paint them other colors, or ask for advice from the people here in the "shoe modification section" to do it yourself This is not necessary to invest a lot on this, as you will surely find that even wedge sneakers are obvious on the wearer. So when your mind finally integrates that the people know you wear heels anyway, you do not need the modifications techniques anymore.

You could try what I've done to my wedge sneakers. I stuffed a lot of folded toilet paper sheets in the back of the shoes and put an extra sole on top of it. You should be able to raise it with an inch. Try it out!

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

I'm pretty sure I saw a wedge sneaker out there that had a 4" heel. I can't recall exactly where I found it or who it's by. But it does exist I'm pretty sure. I'm in your same boat. I've worn a lot of 4 inch heels and trying to walk in 5 inch. I have wedge sneakers by Xhilaration and they're only 3 inches too and I have no trouble at all walking in them. It's almost too easy but sneaker wedges are extremely comfortable for high heels and I just adore mine. I think 5 inches is really pushing for High-top wedges. I just held my 5 inch pump next to my 3 inch sneakers and the shoe would have to be REALLY tall to embed that kind of heel into it. I would think 4 inches is the last height that would look good on High-tops. Hey, you could start your own line of 4-5 inch sneaker wedges. I'd buy them!

Yeah, upon reflection, 5" is probably not going to happen; the logistics mitigate against it. 4", or maybe 4.5", is likely the limit. As I said, I'm just grateful that they finally came along - if it takes another year or so to go up an inch, I'll be happy. All I ask is to make an adequate supply in 11, or, hopefully, 12.

Unfortunately, most of the shoe industry is trend/fashion driven. If you like the hidden wedge sneakers, stock up now. A year from now, shoes will have moved on and the wedges will only be available on the closeout racks. Also, unfortunately, very few were made in size 11, and those are mostly relabelled size 41. I got these Skechers Plus 3 Rebound a month or so ago on Amazon. They're a slightly small fitting 11, but comfy and wearable anywhere. post-37-0-21927300-1367006302_thumb.jpg These are from DSW last fall. They're Mad Love Funky Wedges, size 11 (barely), and the not really hidden wedges are just about 4 inches. post-37-0-31985300-1367006311_thumb.jpg When the Buffalo 2208 appeared on SoleStruck.com I almost broke my mouse stabbing the add to cart button. Good thing, too, they were sold out by the next day. They're MEN's 10, have hidden 4 inch wedges, and are a perfect fit. post-37-0-71595300-1367006315_thumb.jpg Proving that you can hide a wedge, but you can't hide everything, the Jeffrey Campbell Damsel wedges are over 7 inches high with about a 2 1/4 inch platform. They're up in nosebleed territory, but comfy as can be, and a generous size 11. SoleStruck.com post-37-0-75153900-1367006322_thumb.jpg The wedge is right out in the open on my TOMS Shoes Desert wedges. The wedge is a modest 3 inches though it feels higher that it looks. I wear them in plain sight and nobody cares. An added bonus is they come in size 12, so the fit is perfect and them some. Amazon.com post-37-0-27891200-1367006328_thumb.jpg

I like the Buffalo 2208's, they blend nicely with those jeans and they'd look great with a lighter stonewash jean too. I also like the first sketchers pair, that colour (maybe with, a matching colour top) looks great with those dark blue jeans.

If you like it, wear it.

The thing is, this trend is being driven (for the women) by comfort, which is why most hidden wedge trainers/sneakers are around 2-3" high - most women wouldn't find a 5" wedge (without platform) a comfort shoe.

If you are in the UK, these have 4" high wedge inside:

http://www.barratts.co.uk/en/truffle-sporty-metallic-hi-top-wedge-trainers-313426

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BUQX14U

Amazon list them as 3", but I have measured them in the flesh, and they are definitely 4" high in a UK7 / 40. Comfort is good, but quality is average (completely synthetic).

When the Buffalo 2208 appeared on SoleStruck.com I almost broke my mouse stabbing the add to cart button. Good thing, too, they were sold out by the next day. They're MEN's 10, have hidden 4 inch wedges, and are a perfect fit.

post-37-0-71595300-1367006315_thumb.jpg

I also have the Buffalo 2208, but mine only measure 3" high in my UK8 / 41.

I have noticed that web sites height measurements for hidden wedge trainers/sneakers are often inaccurate. (Probably because you can't clearly see where the wedge comes to from the outside.) The Buffalo 2208 were originally listed at SoleStruck as 4", but they now say 3" (which mine are). I have some Puma MY-66 which most web sites list as 3.5", but mine (in their largest size) measure only 3".

...I also have the Buffalo 2208, but mine only measure 3" high in my UK8 / 41....

They are hard to measure. I don't think the wedges were lowered on the second production batch, because online heel height quotes are often wildly inaccurate. Mine are marked 43 and measure a bit over 3 1/2 inches from the ground to just below the seam on the outside heel counter.

I like the shoes now that I've got the straps adjusted right so they don't stick out and catch my pants, I can pull them on without undoing the velcro, so that makes it easier.

While the heels are still in my comfort range, they are high enough that I feel like I'm wearing heels. When I first opened the box, the heel height shortening of the foot base made me exclaim that they must have sent me a too small size!

WedgeHider, Thanks for your comments but you are worrying yourself over a very solvable problem. I have a black suede wedge shoe, made by Brash which is Steve Madden for Payless, with a 5" high heel ( I bought size 11) and very comfortable and was available up to size 12 at the time I bought them. AZShoeNut has a picture of them in his avatar. This is the heel I wear the most on shopping trips, whether it's winter or summer, easy-on and easy-off and they look good with dress pants or jeans. Shoes like this are out there but it does take diligence to find them. Nordstrom's is a great place to find heels in larger sizes, Nordstrom Rack is even better!! Don't fret, there are solutions to your problems!! HappyinHeels

You could try the ASH wedge sneakers that look like Converse All Stars. I've only found the fabric ones on sale, and the leather ones are really expensive, but more comfortable. Posted Image

(formerly known as "JimC")

Well, this made me think of this current topic. I was browsing Amazon and although these are crazy expensive and fairly ugly; These look like they have a 4" heel to them.

http://www.amazon.com/L-A-M-B-Womens-Pamela-Fashion-Sneaker/dp/B00AXVRJKK/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1367861752&sr=1-1

Posted Image

Like I said, not the best looking shoe. But it seems to have a 4" heel even though the information says 1" heel which doesn't make any sense.

Not really pleasing to the eye indeed IMO, and not well hidden. But this shows that it's possible to MAKE high wedge sneakers.

I'm not going to lie though. I kinda dig the black version. Idk, a lot of you are going to say it's ugly. But I think they'd be cool to wear with the right outfit. Most other info says it's a 4½inch heel. It's something different and who knows there might be more sneaker wedges like this on the way. I give them 6/10 and would try them if they weren't $245

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagehttp://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/pamela-black-black.html

The video of the girl walking in them on heels.com makes them look fairly appealing. FAIRLY.

i like this thread!! beside the buffalos, another pair that i find quite cool and heel hiding are the marc jacobs' wedge sneakers, they are also available in simple colors like red, black, white and blue. they should have a 4" heel, i saw some looks on lookbook and they are very nice looking, even some guys were pulling them off quite well i should add only downside: the quite high pricetag being them designer heel

I googled them and everything you said was right: They do indeed look good, are high, the heels is well conceiled and they're indeed expensive!