Society's Stance On "mentally Unfit"

I couldn't think of a decent-enough title to incorporate for this topic, but just read on & you should be able to draw your own topic at hand.

We, the US, the world even, have been experiencing some tragic events in recents days & in even more recent months. You name it - Boston Marathon bombing, Newtown, CT pre-school shooting, Aurora theater shooting, heck, the Virginia Tech shooting if you want to go a bit further. All of these happenings seem to have something in common (except, maybe, the Marathon bombing): craze people raising havoc because of their own various reasons. BUT, that's not what I'm getting to.

As more & more men begin stepping from the shadows to don a pair of heels either they bought, a wife or relative bought them, or even, some they found one day on the street (and if they happen to be clean, consider yourself one lucky SOB), we begin to settle into our own norm from the world's abnormal, eventually learning that "fear of public heeling is only a state of mind that we must conquer for ourselves in order to be a better You." (Whosoever said something along those lines, state yourself so I can edit the post later). Once done, we can go on to live a happy life, no fears, no boundaries.

What I would like to know, though, and please enter this with an open-mind and do NOT consider reading further if you think this will sway you from future heeling endeavors. The fact of the matter is: heeling isn't quite the "norm" we're setting it out to be, Yet. The goal of this forum is to encourage other [males] like us to get their heels out of their closets & work them like you've never done before. But with society's current stance on a guy with high heels on, do You think our "thing" will soon become weird enough to land us a jail sentencing? In other words, say you're strolling through a Mall & a Mall cop stops you to ask what you're wearing & why you're wearing them. Do you think you would get off with a warning, or will you be deemed unfit for public exploration & sent to be, say, house arrested?

I hope I'm getting it out clear enough because, truth be told, there are varying levels of "weird" out there. Are we weird enough to be our own separate thing that soon becomes a norm?

Formally "HHDude"

Our society hasn't come the the point of punishing men who wear high heels, thank God. Truth is, I find society extremely abnormal. I find most of the people in my country abnormal. They seem to be completely incapable of thinking for themselves, so is normal a good thing?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

This will be a long answer with some examples that might not be appreciated, but its how *I* view things.

What I would like to know, though, and please enter this with an open-mind and do NOT consider reading further if you think this will sway you from future heeling endeavors.

Before you have asked your question, you have already presented a different one ( probably ) without even recognizing such.

" Open Mind ". Define such a term.

Some would say they are ' Open minded ', yet they resent or oppress things they have never experienced for themselves and use others knowledge as the basis for their opinion. Often, a sarcastic response to such would be ' Im not going to try suicide to get an opinion of it! '.

Sure, all of those of a good, sound mind, wouldnt be dumb enough to kill themselves to see what its like, but what about trying a new food? What about trying a different brand of car? Guns? Gay sex? God/religion?

Too often, those whom CLAIM to have an ' Open mind ' truly arent. I see it constantly and it makes me really wish ' those people ' would fall off the face of the earth as they are usually the ones causing a lot of the problems we ALL face today.

The fact of the matter is: heeling isn't quite the "norm" we're setting it out to be, Yet. The goal of this forum is to encourage other [males] like us to get their heels out of their closets & work them like you've never done before.

More-so then that, Its been my own conclusion ( I speak only for myself ) that this site is more for fashion equality or ' examples ' of how things ' could be '. Not ' should be ', but ' could be '.

Being a site thats world-wide, we each face different areas with different routines from those around us. There are some of us that can go out and about with no worried of ridicule. Others.. eh.. not so much.

But with society's current stance on a guy with high heels on, do You think our "thing" will soon become weird enough to land us a jail sentencing?

In the U.S. ? That depends on what happens in the next 3 years. Right now, Boston is in ' lockdown ', a more-or-less version of Martial Law. People arent supposed to leave their houses, let alone having ANYTHING on their feet.

In other words, say you're strolling through a Mall & a Mall cop stops you to ask what you're wearing & why you're wearing them. Do you think you would get off with a warning, or will you be deemed unfit for public exploration & sent to be, say, house arrested?

We are in times right now where ' order ' isnt happening. Theres a severe lack of leadership and blatant incompetence all around us. Without proper guidance and enough brain-cells to realize what all our liberties should lawfully entail, The Officer you speak of might do many different things.

I hope I'm getting it out clear enough because, truth be told, there are varying levels of "weird" out there. Are we weird enough to be our own separate thing that soon becomes a norm?

Yes. A positive ' Yes ' from myself as we harm nobody. We dont infringe upon anyone else. We dont tell people they HAVE to accept us, we just wear what we wish and go about our day just as we SHOULD be courteous enough to offer the same towards others. Without being a 2 way street, we will find ourselves on the ' persecuted ' side or looked down upon.

Ive found the BEST way to be left alone, is to leave others alone. If I see a guy that needs a bath and has flies following him around, I dont approach him and say " hey man.. why dont you take a bath? ". Instead, I let him be. In kind, he shouldnt say " Are you a fag wearing those womens shoes? ".

I think Dr. MLK had it correct in his stances. Non-confrontational stances saying ' were just humans with a lot of the same beliefs you have ' worked wonders in making people see that ' negros ' are no different then ' whites '.

I DONT have an ' Open Mind '. My mind is very closed. Its only open to 1 ideal and thats ' equal liberty for all '. I dont see gender, sexual preference, religion or skin color as barriers that should exist. They should NOT exist, end the division.

Open minds dont allow division of any kind. ' Open ' means no barriers, free will to choose. Yet our society is grounded in division.

Will there ever be a day when men can go out in heels and get arrested? *I* couldnt predict the future of what will happen. Right as of this moment though, Its not happening. I do it daily or every other day.

Our society hasn't come the the point of punishing men who wear high heels, thank God. Truth is, I find society extremely abnormal. I find most of the people in my country abnormal. They seem to be completely incapable of thinking for themselves, so is normal a good thing?

I dont think of it as ' thinking for themselves ' but having a fear of thinking ' outside of their subdivision '.

You and I are of like minds. We ( and a small percentage of the rest of the human race ) understand that we all just wish to live our lives, unhindered, and that individuals is what we all are. We are black, white, green, christian, jew, muslim, polka-dotted.. ( insert whatever ) and all we wish to do as individuals is not bother anyone and be happy to choose for ourselves.

We are ( maybe ) 5% of humanity.

The other 95% are those whom would say ' for the greater good ' and restrict what we as ' individuals ' would have for choices in our lives.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

...heeling isn't quite the "norm" we're setting it out to be, Yet. The goal of this forum is to encourage other [males] like us to get their heels out of their closets...

I don't think I'd set out guys in heels as being the "norm" in society, nor do I think it's even viable to aspire that it will be some day. Only a minority of people are the average height or earn the average wage or own the average number of shoes. We shouldn't confuse the "norm" (average, majority) with "normal": prejudice may be the norm but diversity is normal, and there's nothing abnormal about liking beautiful shoes, it's just a bit unusual for guys that's all. The battle isn't to make guys in heels the social norm (it'll never happen), the battle is to stop condemning ourselves that heels are wrong, and just get out there and enjoy them. The prejudice that men (and women) get regarding heels is totally arbitrary, and while it's still a reality we have to face, it shouldn't suppress who we truly are (especially over something as trivial as pretty shoes).

If you like it, wear it.

Well, thank God I would classify myself as "mentally fit." But I do like to wear women's shoes, and in public - egads!!! And I have never seen another guy out in gals shoes. I find wearing women's shoes very relaxing and sometimes even fun. My wonderful wife supports me and my friends are OK with it. For me, women's shoes are a refreshing break from the daily stress of normal life. Today is a beautiful day, and I plan on heading out in a nice pair of heels and fully enjoying the day. Hope all of you are as well. Have fun!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Nowadays, the shrink community has every possible "normal" behavior listed as a mental condition. I suppose it's so they can lock us up and throw away the key on a whim.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 4 weeks later...

This will be a long answer with some examples that might not be appreciated, but its how *I* view things.

Too often, those whom CLAIM to have an ' Open mind ' truly arent. I see it constantly and it makes me really wish ' those people ' would fall off the face of the earth as they are usually the ones causing a lot of the problems we ALL face today.

Guess I'm in line to fall off the earth then :(

I tend to keep an "open-mind" on situations that happen on the news, like "Okay, this person did [whatever] because he was troubled or he was desperate or whatever the case" when everyone else is convinced he did it because he's a heartless POS, or "Well, it could not have been the other guys because evidence suggests [yadda-yadda-yadda]" when society probably thinks the first group did it due to race, gender, or whatever.

In any case, after reading your post, I feel more "dumb-minded" than open about anything.

Formally "HHDude"

Guess I'm in line to fall off the earth then :(

I fell off the planet a long time ago and landed in a new mindset. I used to BELIEVE I was ' Open Minded ', as did many others. 99.5% of people today are NOT ' Open Minded '. They might state such or believe they are because they support certain Ideals, but they are nothing more then F-ing dirtbags with agendas wishing to impose their ideals/beliefs down everyone elses throats.

I tend to keep an "open-mind" on situations that happen on the news, like "Okay, this person did [whatever] because he was troubled or he was desperate or whatever the case" when everyone else is convinced he did it because he's a heartless POS, or "Well, it could not have been the other guys because evidence suggests [yadda-yadda-yadda]" when society probably thinks the first group did it due to race, gender, or whatever.

In the situation you described, I would cast no judgement call at all.

Im going to use an example as to ' why ' I am the way *I* am.

Adam Lanza.. He SUPPOSEDLY shot up a school full of children. Killed 20 kids and 6 adults and did it with an ' Assault Rifle '. Supposedly his mother bought these rifles for him. Supposedly he had some ' mental health issues ', Supposedly he was at teh school the day before. Supposedly ( and from video ) the ' Assault Rifle ' the news screams about and the coroner said was used can be seen on Youtube being taken out of the trunk of the car he supposedly drove there prior to his death..

So people wish to make a judgement and put ' blame ' somewhere. Do we blame a mother whom was killed by this kid? Do we blame the people whom made those rifles? Do we blame those whom sold them to his mother? Do we blame the school for not having a better security setup? Do we blame the parents whom sent their kids to school that day ( if they would have kept them home, odds are they would still be alive, no? ). Should we blame the fast food he ate that gave him a bad case of gas that might have disturbed him into such a rampage? Where does the blame start and stop?

Why is it, we all feel the need to place a ' blame ' on something? Why the Judgement? Why is it people cannot just do for themselves and stay out of others ways?

Adam Lanza who? Some kid from where? Never met him, never even heard of him till the media made him a celebrity, dont care to know him and probably couldnt pick him out in a crowd if he were still alive.

Fact is, I Showered that morning ( like every morning ), put on my clothes and probably my Wedge Booties, and went and did something.

If a tree fell in the woods out behind the house Im moving in to, and I wasnt around.. should I wonder if it makes a sound when it hits the ground or not? It wouldnt matter. It wouldnt even be a thought ( about that specific tree ) to anyone had I not just brought it up.

Newtown where? CT? Never been there, couldnt tell you anything about it. Its not my business and I shouldnt have any input there as its not where I live, do business, visit.. Let the people there do what they wish as its their place. My voice isnt needed. ' Shalom ' to them.

In any case, after reading your post, I feel more "dumb-minded" than open about anything.

I often tell people Im both a Spic and a Jew. Depending on what business proposition they are offering, I will either rob them for nothing, or rob them and send them a bill at a future date. Some ask why I would say such a thing..

Spic? Jew? Green? Blue? White? Black? " Im an -X- American .. ".. Gimme a break! I laugh at people whom claim to be such a title and then say ' I have an open mind '.. then why the need for a label?

I believe a big contributing factor as to one of the reasons why most men are afraid or have some false sense of fear about going out in certain apparel ( footware and clothes ) is because of whats ' correct '. ' Correctness ' is the furthest thing from being ' open ' and over half the populace in our nation adheres to ' Correctness '. Its taught, it indoctrinates, its mandated in some instances!

How the hell is a society supposed to grow or accept something if all views about it arent allowed? How is ' correctness ' anywhere even near having an ' open mind '. They cannot co-exist at all.

Thats the dilemma that is tearing things apart, not fixing something thats not broken to begin with.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.