Silly Reasons I Couldn't Buy A Pair Of Heels

SleekHeels

So, I went heel shopping today and tried on these Faith Desire heels in blue: post-12051-0-23810000-1366070919_thumb.j The ankle strap was way too short which was a shame because they fit really nice and I love the colour and the shape of the heel. Sure I don't have the most slender of ankles but they're not exactly large and the strap wasn't even close to reaching. I don't know how they expect to make sales with these sorts of design decisions. What silly reasons like that have stopped you from buying a pair of heels you really liked?

If you like it, wear it.

I have very wide feet, and only shop for heels on internet stores. Most of the nice heels I see I have to let go immediately because they are not designed for my type of foot, and I know I would never fit in them. A pity.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

I'm not a big dude - - tried on a pair of stiletto's - - - and the heel broke off.

Sales associate was completely shocked.

Wow! I bet you must have been shocked too. I just gotta ask, how did you handle it from there?

As for mysel it is always about size. It is hardly ever that outside of Payless or Torrid that I can find shoes that fit.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

For me, maybe not silly but, knee boots too tall or the shafts being too huge, my calves are 13" maybe smaller. Salespeople say that men have smaller calves than women.

For me, maybe not silly but, knee boots too tall or the shafts being too huge, my calves are 13" maybe smaller. Salespeople say that men have smaller calves than women.

Buy them anyway if you like them. Taking in the boots shafts is a piece of cake for a good cobbler.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Ya, but my cobbler takes forever to get it done. This is for you shafted, why is it so hard to find a pair of high heel boots this time of year? I still see a ton of women wearing boots out and about. I wear boots all year round. Mostly for the sexy appeal they offer.

Because they have been cleared out to make room for the spring and summer lines. Boots should be back on the shelves for fall.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It's usually the position of the arch that stops me. I have an arch that's somewhat forward from most women, I guess. A lot of heels that I try on have an arch that's too far back for me, so all the weight is on my heel and ball of my foot and there is no support in between, so they're uncomfortable. Steve

Wow! I bet you must have been shocked too. I just gotta ask, how did you handle it from there?

As for mysel it is always about size. It is hardly ever that outside of Payless or Torrid that I can find shoes that fit.

Best,

Larry

She offered to get another pair out of the stock room, but I told her not to bother. I didn't want to do that again, and she agreed.

I actually am a bit embarrassed by this one. Thank goodness it was just me and the salesgirl present.

I inadvertently stretched the shoes to the point that when I took them off, I could visually see the glue/adhesive that held them to the shoe. This is outside the fact that they were hidden wedge heelless shoes so I don't believe the girl saw what happened to them, hence I acted quick to make sure no one else saw what had become of them. Thankfully I didn't have money to buy them :P

The biggest reason I have is that my taste is shoes is just too expensive. My wallet won't let me. And when I set my sights on a pair I suddenly find that all other shoes, even if they look alot alike, are not nice enough.

You are Not alone on that one. I discovered Jeffrey Campbells about a year or two ago. Knock-offs I just shame down heavily (although a company whom name I forget Did have a pretty good knock-off I would have dealt with if the shoes weren't different sizes).

Formally "HHDude"