Men, What Made You Want To Wear Heels

Curt

It's hard to pin-point any exact cause for the reason anyone has a desire one way or the other, but it must have something to do with the innate faculties available to and accessed by each individual as they progressively develop in this human experience.

Ever since I was about 11 or 12, I've had an attraction to women wearing high heels. During my teen years, I developed a strong attraction to girls wearing classic pumps. All the girls wore pumps back in the 80's, and I was always turned on by them. I love the way pumps look, especially how they give a woman's foot that high arch and the little "hump" on the top side of the foot - very sexy! Somewhere along the way I developed a part of me that wanted to experience being feminine and sexy, and wanting to know what the girls felt when they wore certain things - even though I'm totally straight & love women. I started by wearing Speedos, since I wanted to know what wearing a bikini was like. From there it progressed to wearing thongs in the late 80's. As far as when I started thinking about trying on heels, I don't know where that really happened. I didn't try heels until a couple years ago, when I discovered this site - but I think the desire to wear heels has always been there. For some reason I never really thought about getting any of my own until recently.

Certainly, the interest in how they looked started when I was in 8th grade (around age 13). However, I didn't realize how comfortable they could be. I tried on my Mom's when I was a teenager, but they were most uncomfortable, but then they were about 2 sizes too small. So, it wasn't until much later (about 11 years ago now) that I realized they could actually be comfortable to wear. With such high arches and narrow, small feet for my height, I have since found women's shoes generally much more supportive and better fitting than men's. So, what was just a fetish became more of a general wear item. I still love the way they look, but I love the way they feel on my feet just as much now.

General theme of the thread is that interest started in early teens, including me. We tried high heels and in one way or another became hooked on the way we felt wearing them. Some of us, including me, buried the feeling for some period of years, but ended up caving in to our desire for that feeling. I just wonder whether men that don't understand never had that adolescent zing because they did not try them or they just never tried them.

• Like 1

What made me start was my mum heels as I Stared at a young age with my mums shoes wearing the around the house when nobody was hime but me and now has progressed past that. And now I wear my own but don't have the time l. and the rest of my family dad and my sisters doesn't know of my like for heels or that I have some . At least I can talk to my mum about it. at least she excepts me for being me an Aussie who likes heels

I wanted to know what it was like to wear heels. I'd had a high heel fetish for years and wanted to know if it was a fun thing to do, since ladies seemed to really enjoy wearing heels. After buying my first pair and trying it on, I loved the feeling of the heels so much that I don't ever want to quit wearing them at least once in a while. If I could wear them more, I would.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

I wanted to know what it was like to wear heels. I'd had a high heel fetish for years and wanted to know if it was a fun thing to do, since ladies seemed to really enjoy wearing heels.

After buying my first pair and trying it on, I loved the feeling of the heels so much that I don't ever want to quit wearing them at least once in a while. If I could wear them more, I would.

I couldn't agree more

For me (as I have probably posted elsewhere) it started with a fetish for womens watches from the beginning of (my) time. They are easy to get and easy to store. I can even wear them without most noticing. "Nice watch" is also a great compliment to go with "nice shoes." To me wearing has been to get part of the experience of what the lady "gets". I've always like to look at heels and boots, I don't know why it took me so many decades to give them a try. I can't even remember what exactly made me literally wake up one morning and say to myself "You know, you can just go buy a pair and see if you like it." I can remember making myself late for work looking at heels online. I figured strappy nature of watches lead me to want strappy heels, but at the same time I didn't want to be drawn into another fetish. That day went so slow, and on the way home I went to the mall with that "HE'S SHOPPING FOR WOMENS CLOTHES!!!" spotlight on my back. Against all odds I found a pair that fit my wants for a first pair nearly right away. I took them to the register facing those hopefully imagined "HE'S BUYING THOSE FOR HIMELF" looks from the teenage girl cashier. Before I got them home and on my feet I had already thought that this was like giving a match fire to see if he likes it. I liked it, but from then I quickly went to notice the other things that women get to experience with heels that look so pleasent; hose, skirts, belts, dresses, blouses, sweaters, handbags? Those look like wonderfull things, that the ladies enjoy; to fulfill the heel experience. See what the lady "gets". And as I feared, guilty as charged. I don't have the interest to go out wearing these things, but thoroughly enjoy private time to experience it on my own. And I get a new (if overwhelming at times) itinerary of things to look for when I walk down the street, and see new experience possibilities coming my way with a greater appreciation of what it takes.

I took them to the register facing those hopefully imagined "HE'S BUYING THOSE FOR HIMELF" looks from the teenage girl cashier.

Great story. Thank you for sharing. Wow, that's quite daring. I've bought all my pairs online and at least in the early days, the time from the purchase to receiving them at my door seemed like forever.

I've only bought women's shoes in a store once and they really weren't for me. I ended up having to take them back after discovering that the relationship had ended. It was a lot of fun buying them (the lady sales clerk was very nice), but it was disappointing taking them back. I've bought stockings, socks and women's pants in stores, but not shoes for myself. I may have, in Japan, if they had my size. The language barrier there would have made it less intimidating.

• 2 weeks later...

Think i've answered this in the past, but long story short, old girlfriend(s). One wouldn't wear heels at all and I think tried the reverse psychology trick, little did she know I don't back down and ended up liking it, and she did too funnily enough. And another was really into it. But since then I think despite their ability to spark conversations, only had them bail once they find out. Maybe I'm telling too soon, meh, whatever I have other things to learn/occupy my time.

I like the look and the feel and have liked them for almost as long as I can remember. Thank my lucky stars for having small, rather narrow feet that enables me to fit into most any women's style I want. But why I like them so much is beyond me. First off, I really like women and about the first thing I notice is their shoes. Sadly, most women have about the same amount of style savvy as the majority of guys, but every so often I see someone who totally rocks and it's just refreshing to see that. Virtually all my shoes and boots are women's styles, certainly part of it is that they fit my little feet better, but I also like the trim, lean, look that usually comes with it, even if it is a sneaker style or very unisex cowboy boot which is what I usually wear. Guys shoes and boots are just too wide and too "big" looking and don't have a pleasing geometric balance like women's styles usually do. There is also a little bit of a brag factor, that given my good balance and flexibility, I can walk around in heels with little problem that intimidate most women. That's the fun part.

, I can walk around in heels with little problem that intimidate most women. That's the fun part.

You are definitely on to something in your evaluation. I find women looking at my 4 inch stiletto heels wondering how I can possibly walk so well in them. To be truthful they just feel natural and I don't even know I'm wearing them most of the time now. I am that used to functioning in heels on a daily basis.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

hi quite new here. trying to think why i got into wearing heels. all i remember is trying my mums heels. tho they were a little small for me. i suppose i was 14 or 15 at the time. though i had the desire i had no accecse to heels till early 20s i went to a shop and brough a pair of black courts. then i discovered ebay and went nuts. kinda like wearing female clothes but not as much as the shoes.

High heeled boots captured my attention during my childhood. And as I grew older, I think I became jealous that they could wear them and I couldn't. I still enjoy seeing women wearing them, but enjoy wearing them myself.

• 3 weeks later...

First time was about ten years ago. Not sure why I started but I always loved boots and heels. Love seeing women in them and have been caught several times catching a glance by the wife. If the wife wore them more I probably wouldn't bother. Lack storage space so only tend to have 2 or 3 pairs at a time. Otherwise would just keep buying and expanding collection. I have size 8/9 feet so can manage to get some very sexy ones without having to be custom made but would love some crotch high boots

My first pair were size 10B in 1970 when I was 18 years old. I did not realize my feet were still going to grow. I soon found the 10's painful to wear and 11's hard to find. I was at a Goodwill and saw a pair of Pleaser ankle strap pumps in size 12 and had to say "no way would they fit" as now I am a 13 at age 60. I think my fascination goes back to my kindergarten year when there was a game where a piece of clothing that was being worn was called out and one had to get out of their seat and skip around the others seated. The call was "black patent shoes" and I knew my shoes were black and I humiliated myself by skipping with all the girls. It was pointed out to me that "only girls wear black patent shoes" as they lined up the girls for me to look at their shoes. Most were wearing some sort of Mary-Jane instep strap shoe. I was introduced to the world of girls' shoes and I liked what I saw - still do and the Mary-Jane is still my favorite. My first pair were a "Trio-of-Tiny Straps" with a shaped 1 1/8" heel on sale in the Montgomery Ward fall sale catalogue for $3.99.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

My first pair were size 10B in 1970 when I was 18 years old. I did not realize my feet were still going to grow. I soon found the 10's painful to wear and 11's hard to find. I was at a Goodwill and saw a pair of Pleaser ankle strap pumps in size 12 and had to say "no way would they fit" as now I am a 13 at age 60.

I think my fascination goes back to my kindergarten year when there was a game where a piece of clothing that was being worn was called out and one had to get out of their seat and skip around the others seated. The call was "black patent shoes" and I knew my shoes were black and I humiliated myself by skipping with all the girls. It was pointed out to me that "only girls wear black patent shoes" as they lined up the girls for me to look at their shoes. Most were wearing some sort of Mary-Jane instep strap shoe. I was introduced to the world of girls' shoes and I liked what I saw - still do and the Mary-Jane is still my favorite. My first pair were a "Trio-of-Tiny Straps" with a shaped 1 1/8" heel on sale in the Montgomery Ward fall sale catalogue for $3.99.

Nice story about your first heels. Thanks for posting.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe there is a "high heels gene" or it is missing. Some guys seem to have the same reaction to a pair of heels that first time like some women. I do not believe that "gene" is just a female trait as many women just will not have anything to do with heels while others would/do live in them constantly. But, the female gets to relieve their desire for heels while many males - count me in - are just not ready to make that public statement and still enjoy that same special feel in private. Good luck More120 on your search to satisfy your desire.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

For me it has always been seeing women in high heels and especially boots is a big turn on. And I would think, "I would like to wear those to". It has morphed from the fetish side with thigh high TLSB 6in stilettos and Punitive thigh high ballet boots to it really being part of who I am and wanting to show that side. I love my newest collection more that any. And I am ready(almost)to just show it and come out to people I know. My wife knows and has since before we were married and supports me fully. And dabbles in boots that I get for her. But it is not a passion like I have.

I accidentally got into heels. I needed something to go with a new pair of shiny black leggings a few years ago and went to an adult/fetish type shop looking for some shiny flat boots to match. All they had were 6" heels and I tried on a pair of red PVC thigh boots with 2" platform and 6" stiletto heel....just to see how it looked. I kept them on and picked up some other items to complete the outfit and walked out the shop a new man! It felt exhilarating and empowering and very, very sexy. You can see the pictures in my thread "in at the deep end" from my profile page. I've had ups and downs since then but the heels keep an attraction. When I get the chance I wear the heels for their own sake and the rest of the outfit to suit. I had my first public heeling outing for ages yesterday. It was a great day and made me realise that I'm actually looking forward to the once dreaded accidental meeting of people I know. Presently only my wife knows and hates it :(

• 5 weeks later...

I started around age 5. I remember asking my mom if I could wear her white high heels she had recently purchased for an easter outfit. She let me for a little while. I had a blast walking up and down the hall in them. Throughout the rest of my adolescent, high school, and college years, I would try on lots of shoes from my mother, cousins, aunts, girlfriends, etc. LOTS. I liked getting my cousin to "dare" me to wear her heels for the afternoon when we were at my grandmother's after church on Sundays. I did this quite a few times until she told me that she thinks that I like wearing her heels. I denied it and it stopped. I also remember spending the night several times with a friend. He lived with his mom and younger brother, and his mom worked most nights. When everyone else was asleep, I would step into her closet, which was a high heel paradise. She must have had close to 30 pairs. I would wear her shoes for hours at a time since my friend was a heavy sleeper.

These types of things would continue until I bought my first pair of heels at age 19 at a place called "shoe city" which has long since gone out of business.

I have always liked the look and feel of heels. And I could (and still do) walk better in them than many of the females I was around.

Guess it is something I was born with.

--Dude

All, I have noticed a rather noticeable increase in attention paid to me by women in shoe stores when they see something on me associated with  women. Wearing heels into a store certainly does it EVERY time but I have gotten compliments on my caps, dress watches or a handbag I wa carrying ALL WHILE PRESENTING AS A MAN. I believe it is interpreted as supreme confidence which is a universal path to success across the world.  HappyinHeels

I have always liked the look and feel of heels. And I could (and still do) walk better in them than many of the females I was around.

Guess it is something I was born with.

--Dude

I think it must be that "gene" I was talking about earlier - some got it; some don't.

Well, I was curious how it looks to have it on the legs, what kind of feeling it brings and whether it is difficult to walk in it so when it was possible I tried some on. In fact, immediately I realised that I really not only like to see them on women, but also like to wear them myself (but only at home, I still consider it to be my private "hobby"). Especially I like 6 inch stilettos (pumps, boots...) without platform as I like the feel of wearing really high heel, in black patent or black leather.