Men, What Made You Want To Wear Heels

Curt

On 5/10/2017 at 2:04 PM, spikesmike said:

DSCF5236 (1).JPG

21 hours ago, CAT said:

Looking pretty dam good too!!

Yep, blue and gray with a winning smile is a great combination.  Well done.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

20 hours ago, spikesmike said:

CAT and TBG

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Also, Thanks for the compliment.  spikesmike

DSCF5205.JPG

Spikesmike, 

i think we need a photo reshoot!   Look at the pic of you in the store posted above in the blue oxfords your smile is from ear to ear!!!! What happened in this pic!?!??  No smile!!!   I would be smiling in an outfit like that! 

CAT

I placed a full length mirror behind the camera and was concentrating on my pose when the shutter went off. 

This happened in several shots. I really did not know of the look of gloom until the photos were developed.

Edited by spikesmike
photo did not show
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, spikesmike said:

until the photos were developed

You can join the digital age with an inexpensive camera for what a couple of rolls of film and developing cost.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 2017-3-22 at 11:16 PM, bnchmrk said:

I always liked to look at high heels even as a kid. I can remember looking at the Sears catalogues and admiring the high heels. I never actually owned my first pair of heels until after my divorce from my first wife who never knew about my admiration for heels. Being by myself I decided to buy my first pair and see what it finally felt like to wear a pair of heels. They were a closed toe sandle, black with a heel cup and ankle strap. They were about 4.5" with a 1/2" platform. They felt fabulous and definitely thrilled me. My collection grew until I felt awkward and shameful, thus the collection was purged. I am very glad that I was honest and upfront with my present wife. Now we both have marvelous heel collections and we enjoy shoe shopping.

For me it's sort of the same story. I don't have a specific event that made me want to wear heels. My interest in footwear started at a young age. When I was in groundschool the flatform sneaker just came in style. They where for girls but I totally loved them and wanted a pair. I didn't dare to ask my mum back in the day if I could get a pair because they where for girls. 

When I got in my teens my attraction to heels grew. I noticed them more and more on women and really loved them. I always wondered what it would feel like to wear them and when I had the chance I put on a pair of heels that belonged to the sister of a friend. They felt so good to wear. 

Things where a bit on hold until 2006 even though they never left my mind. In 2006 when I was living on my own (with a housemate) for little over a year and then I finally worked up the guts to order a pair of heels. I was so excited with them. They where sort of Pleaser platform style with a black sole, transparent part over the toes and black laces to tie them to my legs. I've worn them so much until the transparent bit came off, it was attached with round head nails and they ripped through the transparent plastic after a while. These got me hooked on heels and my collection has been changing / growing since.

I have no clue what made me want to wear heels in the first place. Trying to answer that question has given me many depressions in the past. But I gave up finding the answer en just started enjoying heels. And things get easier every day. I've reached the point that I'm pretty sure I'm show my mum a pic of me in heels next saturday and ask: how do you like my new shoes? To get the conversation started.

Edited by Cl0setheels
Typo
  • Like 3

Go for it! Assuming your mother loves you, she'll adapt to the idea. It might take more than one exposure. Just tell her the truth and you'll be fine. You may even want to take her shoe shopping with you! I hope so!

Good luck!

Steve

• Like 1

Mine was just progression. I as far back remember love the feel and look of pantyhose, and then came the painting of my toes. I have always loved the way women looked in heels, so thought I would get a pair and see what happens. Well that was the moment I became hooked. After seeing pictures of myself I say ok now the hair has to go. I tell you what, nothing feels better than smooth legs and pantyhose with heels. So is my next stop skirts? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney3057 said:

I tell you what, nothing feels better than smooth legs and pantyhose with heels.

Absolutely, especially if the heels are on boots. :cheeky:

2 hours ago, Stoney3057 said:

So is my next stop skirts? 

This is a big question.  There are several approaches to taking a "next step"; Jump in with both feet (wearing heels) and go full CD, or take small steps (also in heels) exploring your comfort level at each step.  If you are really curious and in a hurry to get an answer the first approach works but it takes a lot of nerve.  The second gradual approach is much less nerve wracking and prolongs what I thing is a fun journey.

I recommend exploring @JeffB's thread: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Go for it! Assuming your mother loves you, she'll adapt to the idea. It might take more than one exposure. Just tell her the truth and you'll be fine. You may even want to take her shoe shopping with you! I hope so!

Good luck!

Steve

She does, my dad as well. :-) I suspect they won't have a problem with it. Not sure how comfortable they will be seeing me in them, might take some getting used to. The only thing I can't explain to them is the why, other than that heels are awesome. I can't explain why the need is so strong either. Does anyone has the answer to this about themselves here on this forum? I'm curious about that. 

I don't want to make a big deal out of it though when I tell them. It will be a week before I see them so have a while to think out my story. A couple of weeks ago I've worn ankle boots with block heel to a family visit and only got positive comments. Small step to get them used to the idea maybe. ;) 

Edited by Cl0setheels
Typo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cl0setheels said:

I can't explain why the need is so strong either. Does anyone has the answer to this about themselves here on this forum? I'm curious about that. 

I have been trying to answer that question for a LONG time.  Some days the need is much stronger than other days, and I don't understand that either.  The best answer so far is that I'm wired that way (with no real desire to change it).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

I have been trying to answer that question for a LONG time.  Some days the need is much stronger than other days, and I don't understand that either.  The best answer so far is that I'm wired that way (with no real desire to change it).

Similar story here, spent many years trying to figure out the "whys" etc....Finally stopped punishing myself and also feel I am just wired for boots....

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, spikesmike said:

CAT and TBG

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Also, Thanks for the compliment.  spikesmike

DSCF5205.JPG

Yeah buddy!  Great looking boots and killer spurs, love it!

Well, I did it and told my parents. I was alone with my mom first so I told her before my dad. Her reply was, if it's you and you accepted it it's fine with me. It's no problem at all and next time we visit i'd like to see your collection. And by the way, why didn't you tell me years earlier don't wait so long again. :) I explained my history with heels and that I had an interest in shoes from a young age. She was a bit surprised by the amount of heels I have. She asked if she can tell her cousin and I approved. :) We also talked about tat I don't know about the why and she said it must be something you're born with and it's you.

My dad is a bit less communicative and needs to overthink things, he didn't really know what to say. But he said, what am I supposed to say, if it makes you happy it's fine. My mom ephasized that she's fine with it. :) Overall I call it a success.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Cl0setheels said:

Well, I did it and told my parents.

Nicely done.  Communications strikes again.  Your Mom sounds like someone you should get to know better. :fine:

She's great. Allthough I'm very happy with the both of them. My mom just talks about things easier. :) And she's more used to out of the box things. She has a male cousin thats gay. She knew from early age (she's becoming 68 this year) and never made a problem of it. When she was a kid she had a male friend that put on dresses and heels from his mother. She never gave it a thought.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cl0setheels said:

My interest in heels started in my early teens, I got my first pair of heels in 2006. I'm 35 now. :) 

Good for you!  Sharing with your parents, and having their acceptance must be so liberating!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cl0setheels said:

It sure is. :) I have some heels on display in my livingroom, no need to hide those anymore when I get visitors. One of the gest new options.

I'm so happy for you, I wish I had my life in order when I was young like yourself!  Congratulations...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cl0setheels said:

It sure is. :) I have some heels on display in my livingroom, no need to hide those anymore when I get visitors. One of the gest new options.

It's wonderful to have this new freedom. No more secrets. The truth is out and the real you can be proud of it!

Thanks for sharing your success.

Steve

• Like 2