Men, What Made You Want To Wear Heels

Curt

When I was a young boy, I remember playing inside at home one day and came across an old pair of heels that my mom used to wear.  I thought they were interesting and with that, had to try them on even though they were to big for me.  They felt neat when I put them on and from there I started wearing them sometimes when I would play!  My feet never grew into them because they got put in the garbage (it was a sad day) and because of that my heel wearing came to an end but my attraction to them was never lost!

As I grew older I loved watching women walk in their high heels and my curiosity and attraction to them grew stronger.  I wanted to wear them and experience what they were experiencing and feeling, they looked so attractive and really made your legs look amazing.  A teacher I had in school used to wear heels every day (I think I may have mentioned this before in another post) and all I could do was watch her and dream about wearing my own heels.  I finally built up enough courage to go out and buy myself a pair, they were a pair of black patend pumps with a 5.5 inch stiletto heel and I stiil have them and wear them to this day!  From that day forward my attraction to high heels became and addiction to high heels and wanting to be able to walk the highest stiletto heels possible. 

So with all that being said, that's what made me want to wear heels and I would trade wearing them for anything!!!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I got sick of being forced to wear what made people happy. and I have nearly wasted part of my life doing that.  I want to be the real me not the fake me. I don't care what people think. but they like to attack you in any way. every man should wear a pair of heels, in there life. In the end a man wears what is called women's shoes, will be called everything, I mean everything.

• 3 months later...

I have always loved the look of heels on women and I thought that men should have the opportunity to also have nice looking shoes. Men's shoes are just so bland. I would wear flip flops in the summer and liked having my feet exposed. Since I always have polished toe nails, I figured nice shoes would complement the look of my toes. Since the only men's shoes that were open were sandals, I decided to try high heels.

I've included a picture of my favorite heels.

post-20837-0-62487800-1390967598_thumb.j

I have always been curious to know what high heels felt like to walk in.  my chance came in august 2009 when I wore 7.5'' platforms to raise money for charity.

since then I have loved the feel of heels on my feet and a pair with a elevation of around 3.5 to 4.25'' feels just right. 

I have wore heels in public 3 times raising money for charity and in October im doing it again for a whole month wearing a pair of 4'' platform mary janes although the elevation is only just under 3''

I would love to wear heels every day.  I really like some of the shoe boot styles especially the open toe style.  with a block heel of around 4 inches they look quiet masculine depending on the colour.

perforated styles can be worn all year round.

I also like the shoe im wearing in my avatar although it would be best if it was about 2.5'' lower for everyday wearing plus a little wider fitting.

there are so many heels to choose from its hard to pick a pair. 

if only I had skinny size UK7 feet instead of my UK10 feet

I too love the feel, maybe the element of challenge, the element of "rebelling" against conventionality.  Even if my truly high stuff is only around home, it's great all the same.  I like "elevation" whether it's mountains, flying airplanes, standing on a running horse or being a half foot higher than what I'm endowed with.

All these stories ring so true. I've been fascinated by women's shoes since I was maybe 8 or 9 years old. I don't really know why, but they're a turn on I suppose.

I prefer wearing "unisex" styles - or at least stuff that women wear - gladiator sandals, flipflops,  Doc Martens, even the dreaded Birkenstocks and Crocs.  Guys shoes are just so boring in comparison.

Recently I found out that a local indie clothing shop imported Pleasers, so I was able to get some real heels of my own - the sandals you see in the avatar and a pair of lace-up knee boots with a similar heel. The owner is totally cool. She encouraged me to try on a pair of thigh boots with a black miniskirt - which looked far better on me than I'd have imagined.

I wouldn't consider myself a crossdresser (much respect to those that are), and I'm not considering wearing any of this gear outside. But I've never been to a kink party. And that kind of environment where everyone is dressed up might be fun.  Sometimes you think you "can't" do something - but in reality you CAN.  Just got to give yourself permission.

I guess I've wanted to wear them since I was little.  When my older sister started wearing them, I wished I could.  Seemed so unfair that women had such a wide variety of styles to wear and guys had comparatively boring shoes to wear.  In my teenage years I'd look longingly at the pretty shoes women could wear and dreamed what it must be like to wear them.

It wasn't until my ex-wife encouraged me to explore this desire, and didn't think it was such a weird thing that a guy would want to wear them.  She bought me my first pair and it took off from there.  She even commented that I walked in them better than she did.  I'm lucky I have small feet (womens US 9) and I have no trouble finding shoes in my size.  Like Tim1, I've bought unisex styles many times from the women's section.  Sometimes they just fit me better than men's shoes.

What made we want to start wearing heels?

I first wore high heels when I was very little, I used to run around in mums and my grandmothers heels. I didn't know that/ remember that until I was told much later by family, and that came about after everyone knew of my open passion for high heels. So I guess I had some sort of propensity for it from day one? 

In my teens/ early twenties I was fascinated with women wearing high heeled shoes, the instep, exposed arch, the low vamp, toe cleavage etc which is all so very different to mens shoe styles...

I wanted to feel what it was like to wear these high shoes, and I specifically wanted to know what the stiletto heel style felt like.

Well once I got pairs of my own heels I found them exquisite to wear on many levels.  The emotions attached to high heels are numerous, to cut a long story short after a lot of apprehension, a lot of perseverance, a bit of embarassment, I started getting a lot of enjoyment, increased confidence, then empowerment.

I am addicted to high heels, I feel under dressed without them, it doesn't feel right when I walk without clickety clicking... I like having my pelvis tilted forward, shoulders back, and the curve in the small of my back, that my high heels create. Having to have good posture and core strength has been good for me.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

I too love the feel, maybe the element of challenge, the element of "rebelling" against conventionality.

The element of challenge. That's a major part of my attraction to heels, is athletic challenge. I do not and will not own a pair of shoes that I can't wear out all day. Few understand this, but I think my wife does. When I say, "I'm going for a run," she knows that I'm in serious training for my athletic goals. When I say, "I'm going for a walk," she knows I will be going for a walk in heels. My local cobbler surely loves me for this.

Well, for me, it all began with curiosity. When I was 13, I found myself wondering how women like my mom could walk in high heeled shoes, something I thought defied the laws of physics. However, since I didn't have the nerve to ask mom how she managed that then amazing feat, I arrived at the conclusion that the only way to get my answer was to wear her shoes myself. That's logic for a 13-year old for you! Anyway, I waited until she was out to work to conduct my unusual experiment. Going into her room, I picked out a pair of plain black pumps (my favorite style to this day) with three inch spike heels, sat down on her bed and cautiously slipped the shoes on my feet, we both wore a size 10 at the time, so the fit was a tad snug but manageable. When I slowly stood up, I lost my balance and fell, it took a couple more attempts before I managed to stand upright, but I wobbled something awful, next came walking, and that was even more difficult as I stumbled and staggered all over the place like a drunk coming out of a bar at 2 a.m. After awhile, I finally got the hang of standing and walking and it became easy, fun even! What's more, I like how the shoes looked on my feet and I thought the clicking sound the heels made was awesome. Every chance I got when mom was out, I'd sneak into her room to wear her heels, every pair she had and I loved the experience. And my passion for wearing women's shoes was born. Unfortunately, when a growth spurt left me unable to fit into mom's shoes, I was crushed. Unwilling to give up on my passion, I decided to buy my own shoes. Too fearful of going to a traditional shoe store, I opted for the local thrift shop where I found what I wanted, even though I got plenty of odd looks from shoppers and store personnel, but I didn't care as long as I got what I sought and paid for same. It was a challenge to hide my shoes (only had a couple of pairs) from mom, but I managed. And after some forty years, I haven't looked back.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, for me, it all began with curiosity. When I was 13, I found myself wondering how women like my mom could walk in high heeled shoes, something I thought defied the laws of physics. However, since I didn't have the nerve to ask mom how she managed that then amazing feat, I arrived at the conclusion that the only way to get my answer was to wear her shoes myself. That's logic for a 13-year old for you! Anyway, I waited until she was out to work to conduct my unusual experiment. Going into her room, I picked out a pair of plain black pumps (my favorite style to this day) with three inch spike heels, sat down on her bed and cautiously slipped the shoes on my feet, we both wore a size 10 at the time, so the fit was a tad snug but manageable. When I slowly stood up, I lost my balance and fell, it took a couple more attempts before I managed to stand upright, but I wobbled something awful, next came walking, and that was even more difficult as I stumbled and staggered all over the place like a drunk coming out of a bar at 2 a.m. After awhile, I finally got the hang of standing and walking and it became easy, fun even! What's more, I like how the shoes looked on my feet and I thought the clicking sound the heels made was awesome. Every chance I got when mom was out, I'd sneak into her room to wear her heels, every pair she had and I loved the experience. And my passion for wearing women's shoes was born. Unfortunately, when a growth spurt left me unable to fit into mom's shoes, I was crushed. Unwilling to give up on my passion, I decided to buy my own shoes. Too fearful of going to a traditional shoe store, I opted for the local thrift shop where I found what I wanted, even though I got plenty of odd looks from shoppers and store personnel, but I didn't care as long as I got what I sought and paid for same. It was a challenge to hide my shoes (only had a couple of pairs) from mom, but I managed. And after some forty years, I haven't looked back.

Thanks for that great post, JeffB. I liked your post very much.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

My interest in heels was a result of my crossdressing fetish. My dressing started when I was a young boy, about 13 or 14, when I would try on my mom's tights and unitard she wore to aerobics. I wasn't able to fit into her shoes really well at that time. When I got into college, I was able to purchase more clothing for myself, but it usually was things like nylons or bodystockings. Then I got lucky and started dating a wonder girl who was open minded about my dressing desires and helped me expand my wardrobe. Today, she is my wife. She purchased my first heels, black pumps with a 2-inch heel. She said if I wanted to learn how too be more lady like, then I needed to learn how to walk comfortably in heels. Over the years, the height of the heel would increase with the highest heel being a pair of 6-inch thigh high boots. Then one year, I just stopped being interested in dressing and got rid of almost everything related to crossdressing, including most of my heels. I did keep a few low height heels and found I really enjoyed wearing them in the evening while working at the computer. When we would go out, I would pay attention to what other women wore and would point out pairs I thought looked classy.  Then as my wife's heel collection grew, I occasionally would replace an older pair of mine with something new. Since my wife really likes Aerosoles shoes, I've come to appreciate how comfortable the shoes are when compared to men's shoes.

I agree with both hh_pe and Steve. Aerosoles are very comfortable shoes to wear. I have several pairs of heels  and a few pairs of boots too, from Aerosoles.

Naturalizer also make comfortable shoes and boots too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for that great post, JeffB. I liked your post very much.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Glad you enjoyed my little story. That certainly was a "different" way to have become interested in wearing heels!  :lmao:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Anyway, I waited until she was out to work to conduct my unusual experiment. Going into her room, I picked out a pair of plain black pumps (my favorite style to this day) with three inch spike heels, sat down on her bed and cautiously slipped the shoes on my feet, we both wore a size 10 at the time, so the fit was a tad snug but manageable. When I slowly stood up, I lost my balance and fell, it took a couple more attempts before I managed to stand upright, but I wobbled something awful, next came walking, and that was even more difficult as I stumbled and staggered all over the place like a drunk coming out of a bar at 2 a.m. After awhile, I finally got the hang of standing and walking and it became easy, fun even! What's more, I like how the shoes looked on my feet and I thought the clicking sound the heels made was awesome. Every chance I got when mom was out, I'd sneak into her room to wear her heels, every pair she had and I loved the experience. And my passion for wearing women's shoes was born.

Actually my experience was fairly similar yours.  Especially your description of your first steps and every chance to wear heels thereafter.  My curiosity however came from watching Gilligan's Island in my Mom's bedroom while she cleaned the living room.  I was 12 at that time.  Gilligan had to dress like a woman to appease some island God and save the girls.  He stumbled all over the place in his heels and I thought it couldn't be that hard.  My mom's closet was open and all of her her heels were right there.  I grabbed a pair of wooden 3.5-inch Candies mules and the rest is history.

Her size 10 shoes fit me perfectly back then.  She would go grocery shopping every Thursday and would be gone a guaranteed 2 to 3 hours each time.  Like you I tried on every single pair she had and really set out to learn to walk in them well.  One time she came home early.  I had the door locked, which was unusual back then, and she saw me scurry to put the shoes back from the carport window.  Funny, she was scared that I was putting a cigarette out in the bathroom.

I also remember that my mom only had sandals but what I really wanted to try on were a pair of pumps.  My sister rocked 4-inch pumps every single day.  She's 11 years older than me so she was married and had a family of her own.  I remember going over to her house for some type of get together one evening.  I became bored and they offered for me to watch TV in their bedroom.  She was doing something with her closet and all of her shoes were on the floor in one corner of the room.  It was heaven.  My feet were getting bigger by then and she wore size 11.  I tried on each and every pair and walked around their room several times.  I still remember it so clearly.  A few months later when they asked if I would watch the kids so that they could have some date nights I said, "heck yeah!"

After that I wanted to wear some different styles that neither my mom nor my sister had so I started buying shoes at Payless.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

My interest in wearing high heels started out as a curiosity. As a youngster seeing my mom & her friends wearing got me curious as to what it would be like to wear them. So one afternoon when I was alone I went into her room, opened up her closet & tried on her Hush Puppy boots, as well as a pair of white sandals. I actually found it easy to walk in her heels. Unfortunately I quickly out grew her shoes & had to wait till I'd started working to buy my own. From there the curiosity extended to women's clothing, especillay skirts & dresses.

fundraising.

I was looking for an idea to do some fundraising but I wanted to do something different.

I had the idea from the charity ''walk a mile in her shoes.

only difference I walked 5 miles in 7.5'' heels which are in my avatar.

the only problem is that I now enjoy wearing heels although I only wear them for fundraising.

come October I will be wearing a pair of 4 inch mary janes for a whole month non stop 7 days a week to raise money for the NSPCC.

I already have the shoes.  they have a nice block heel and a platform so they wont be too bad to walk in (I hope).

they actually feel lovely to wear with plenty of room.  being truthful they are a little on the large size

post-3576-0-56370000-1392075833_thumb.jp

Since it seems Amanda's on holiday I'll do her job. Looking at the title, don't you think this thread should be moved to the Men's Forum? ;)

Thank you Meg, however, I think it's actually it's quite refreshing to see anything at all posted outside the "for the guys" section.

as far as i can remember I was interested in the shoes girls wore, i have a foot fetish. I started wearing heels when i dated a girl for a little over 2 years and she refused to wear heels saying they hurt her feet. I went to payless and bought my first pair of heels and loved the feeling. i get the same feeling when i wear flats.

My interest in heels began in elementary school. My first fascination was with mary janes; In particular I really liked the black patent color, and wanted a pair. Then in 5th grade, on the cusp on puberty, my first girl crush was on a girl that wore black patent saddle shoes with a kiltie tongue. That left an impression. To this day I'm particularly partial to black patent, and to a lesser extent other patent colors.

A small excerpt from a conversation with a fellow hhplace member:

My first experience with women's shoes was when I was about ten. I tried on a pair of black patent low-heel pumps that was in my mother's closet, and wore them around the house when my mom wasn't at home. My first heel purchase was way back in 2005 or 6; I believe it was pair of Steve Madden pumps with about a 2.5" heel, now long since sold, on eBay, again in black patent.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

• 7 months later...

Simply put, I have always wanted to be a girl, and heels give a body a supershot of femininity that nothing else can. My first experience wearing my aunts heels was un forgettable. I can still feel the electrical thrills running thru me after looking in the mirror while teetering on her gray patent pointy -toes

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it....oh!

I cross dressed a little in my teens and used to try on my mums heels when I cross dressed however they were too small for my feet so I couldn't wear them properly. I then stopped cross dressing when I was 18. 

Over time I lost interest in cross dressing but I retained my fascination with high heels, however due to living at home I did nothing about this interest as I was worried about my mum finding out.

When I moved out one of the first things I did was order some heels online, I still wasn't sure If I actually wanted to wear heels regularly or I just needed to get it out of my system. I realised as soon as I put on my first pair of heels that I wanted to wear heels more often and have continued to buy heels (primarily stilettos) on a regular basis ever since.

I remember back in the early 1970's a girl in my class at school, (I'll call her Caroline), wore a pair of over the knee red leather platform boots every day for over a year until they eventually fell apart - then she got a green pair! I remember dating her for six months or so & she encouraged me to softly rub the back of her booted legs, as she seemed to like it a lot. I asked her how it felt & she actually let me try her boots on & massaged the back of my calves. It felt so hot having my legs encased in soft tight leather, (even if my toes were a bit squashed up), & my calves rubbed. I wore them for just over an hour & it felt absolutely incredible, especially walking round her house, (which was conveniently empty at the time).

From that point on, the only girls that I became interested in had to own a pair of boots before I asked them out on a date. A spell in the armed forces put my interest in boots on hold for 12 years apart from a couple of German girls one of whom shared my passion for tight leather boots & allowed me to wear hers too. Strangely enough, the only exception to this was the girl who eventually became my first wife, (I should have realised we should never have married when I discovered that she didn't like to wear boots). I divorced my ex-wife for adultery in 2003 & shortly afterwards met the lovely lady, (who would become my second wife), at a fancy dress party. We had independently decided to attend as a female goths & we both wore identical huge platform boots with seven inch heels, me in black, my new lady red.

We saw more & more of each other & we eventually set up home together & started to build a huge collection of all types of boots, the higher the heels the better. We ended up sharing our boots as we both take the same size, so if there was something I really liked she got to try them on & vice-versa. We now own over 150 pairs of boots between us, mostly leather, as we have weeded out the cheap & nasty PVC & plastic boots  that started our collection.

I wear at least three different pairs of boots every day, more at weekends if I can. Being very shy, I have worn heels out of the house occasionally, but usually under cargo pants & always at night, so I don't draw too much attention to myself. My lady fully supports me wearing our boots & actively encourages it, for which I consider myself very fortunate indeed. Over the years she has also taught me to walk correctly in heels & pulls me up every time I get it wrong & start to walk like a bloke again. 

I have a lot to thank young Caroline at school for - she helped turn me into the person I am today.

I don't know. I just wanted to do it and one day I just did it. I liked the feeling and since then I do it every time I can. That theory about the gene sounds good. Like the "Nylon Gene".

I just became really fascinated with all "girls" stuff when I was around 9 the crossing phase you could say. Tried on my mom's then but my feet quickly surpassed her size. I then bought my first pairs from Frederick of Hollywood later.I have become more of a wearer in the last few years, incorporating them into my wardrobe, setting the so called crossdressing aside years ago. Who wouldn't want to wear such an artistic and architectural piece on their feet?