Music/home Recording Rig Q&a.

A couple people expressed interest in what I use ' At home ' for recording so.. I figure I will just put it out here instead of doing 3 or 4 messages.. Rack case is a Gator 12 space. Different things are moved in and out of it so I usually have 3-4 open spaces. ( Top to bottom ) Ontop is a Furman M-8L line conditioner/power distro ( juice goose ) and lighting fixture. - Guitar Pre-amp is an ART-DST4 tube unit. Presently has sovtek 12ax7's in it but I sometimes change them out for an RCA or Sylvania tube ( depends on the tone needed to record, they all sound different ). It also does chorus, flangers, delays, reverbs, pitch shifting.. - Behringer Ultra-Voice pro vocal pre-amp. Its 100% digital. - Lexicon MX200 dual engine effects processor for both instruments and vocals. - Behringer Powerplay Pro 4-channel headphone amplifier. Its great for getting the most out of your headphones AND it also works as an external mixer with a main section and what could be called 4 ' subgroups '. I just use it for my headphones though. - Behringer Ultragraph Pro dual 31band EQ. - Behringer Ultragain Pro XLR Tube pre-amp. I use it for both vocals and cabinet mic's alike. When I play with auto-tune units its a MUST HAVE entity as autotune has no warmth at all to it ( people should just learn to sing, really! ). Not in the rack but mounted underneath my ' work station ' is a Tascam 1800 8-channel USB interface that plugs into the back of a MacPro. I really need to make a patch-panel interface for it to make changing things around so much easier.. Hope that answers the questions I was asked ;)

post-12379-0-71129600-1365904935_thumb.j

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

You're a poet. It feels like being a little girl sat under the table and listiening to the adults talk above, and I could recognise about three words in ten. Thank you for making me that young again. Do you have chaps in Motorhead t-shirts with a taste for brown ale to carry it all, or do you have to hump it yourself?

Megan.. Thats what I use at home. I have a separate case of goods I use for playing live or elsewhere. Its in a bigger case and on 3inch caster wheels so I can roll it around.. Has a lot more expensive toys in it.. I really dont need a Roadie or a guy drinking beer wearing a Motorhead shirt.. I just use the above box with wheels, another speaker box called a cabinet and a couple guitars. Its very simple and sets up in under 5 minutes.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.