Owning Your Feminine Side

Jamie001

Like many of you here, I have been wearing women's shoes publically for quite a few years. My friends and relatives and gotten used to seeing me in women's sandals of all types, both heeled and flat. It is just a part of who I am. I don't try to wear styles that have a masculine flare to them like a lot of members here on hhplace. Instead, I wear the sandals that I really like even if they are strappy. I do draw the line at hooker heels or extreme stillettos. I tend per perfer three to 4 inch wedge heels and am able to consistently find them at Payless and Nordstrom Rack. Most of my sandals would be considerd feminine to very feminine with beautiful colors and styles that you would neve find in men's shoes. When people see my sandals, without even seeing the heels, they immediately know that I'm wearing women's sandals because of the feminine style. Also, when they see that I have professionally pedicured fire engine red toenails like a woman, they will know immediately that I have a very strong feminine side and am not afraid to express it. I get compliments from women all of the time on my sandals and my red toenails. It is so wonderfully liberating to be able to express my internal femininity that males have been taught to suppress for many generations. It really makes me feel like a complete person and is so liberating. When people ask me why I wear women's sandals or have red toenails, I tell them that I have a strong feminine side and she needs to express herself. I am wondering how many people here really "own" their feminine side when wearing women's shoes rather than attempting to come up other reasons or to masculinize the fact that they wear women's shoes. After all, women are not afraid to express a masculine side and many women are ecourage to do it. A lot of women wear very masculine shoes like combat boots and other styles. In fact, all men's shoes styles are available for women. Women that express a masculine side are called Tomboys, but unfortunately there is no such work for a male that expresses a feminine side because males are strongly discouraged from doing this. I hope that more and more members of this site will own the fact that they wear feminine shoes and are expressing internal feminity when doing so, and will be honest in interactions with others.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

Satyr..

I tell them that I have a strong feminine side and she needs to express herself. I am wondering how many people here really "own" their feminine side when wearing women's shoes rather than attempting to come up other reasons or to masculinize the fact that they wear women's shoes.

Is she 93 years old and ' not telling ' as well? ( profile ). I kinda feel robbed or left out of the system now. :( . I had to go and find a babe, buy her all kinds of expensive stuff, marry her, bring her home, hand over my wallet, put her in my will.. You were just born with one? Damn.. I feel genetically inferior right now and that REALLY stirs my one remaining loin!

The even worse part is I bet you have an on/off switch you can through so you dont have to hear her complain when you make a mess or want to go out with the boys! Mine can be a real pain in the arse sometimes. Cant live with em, cant shoot them.. Dammit.. I was really robbed at birth from more then just my lack of brain cells!

I hope that more and more members of this site will own the fact that they wear feminine shoes and are expressing internal feminity when doing so, and will be honest in interactions with others.

' honest in interactions.. '

' Internal feminity '? femininity?

Umm.. Ive had someone offer to put a boot up my ass before, rightly so, I was quite deserving of it at the time, but that would be the closest Ive ever had anything feminine inside of me ( was a pair of those pleaser/hooker/stripper platform boots at a club I frequent ) Would have been quite messy as I just finished a 4pack of Burritos from ' Mighty Taco ' ( yeah, I know.. Mighty-alpo as the locals call it, but I was hungry and it was 2am! ).

Dunno what to tell you about having a 93 year old woman living inside of you though. Then again, if shes quite petite, you might have a couple living in there. ;) I might suffer from the same thing as all I ever hear these days is womens voices around the house telling me all kinds of things, usually things I really dont want to do but.. I still hear them.

Seriously though :

Dude.. this place is about fashion, not gender problems. Yes, Im an idiot, rude, inconsiderate, but you and I are just a pair of MEN whom wear what we want. We choose liberty. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with our decisions as they cause no bad will nor harm towards anyone else.

I ' own ' myself, not some woman. I married one so.. she kinda owns me but thats voluntary. Im not a slave and I have a free will. I dont have some voice in my head telling me things..

93 years old and ' not telling '.. really? You spoke of honest interactions above..

Im not trying to fecal-cover your thread, but before I take your post in a non-satyr type of entity, please go and update your profile before trying to have a serious discussion. Honesty goes a long way and you will find more people will give a good response if they can properly address whom they are speaking to in a more clean manor.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I can actually understand the inner female thing from a chromozomal standpoint. Men are composed of 50/50 male and female chromazones where as women have 0/100 male and female chromazones. It sure looks like from a chromazonal standpoint that feminine guys are lot easier to explain than masculine girls. It kinda makes me wonder what kind of out of control monster we would wind up with if a guy had 100/0 male and female chromazones. I can recognize a feminine element to my being. I choose to blend those qualities of my being to create me, or maybe it just happens automatically. In any case I see it as not one or the other but a blending of both. Yeah, as ilk said, not telling is not longer acceptable here. Update your profile please.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I'm a bloke who likes to wear things that society attributes to women, that does not make me any more feminine than any other man. If I wear a skirt in Scotland I would be considered more masculine, it's just clothes nothing to do with being masculine or feminine. If people feel feminine then that's fine but it's not clothes that cause that it's how you are inside and I'm very pleased people are comfortable to express that. I'm being honest I'm not expressing my inner femininity by wearing heels I'm just being me alternative to the normal perception of a male. I'm sure the O.P. Didn't mean it but the post suggests we are all hiding those feelings by fronting it out as our fashion choices, that may be true of some but not this individual. I hope this pos doesn't sound too harsh, it's just the truth.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

It's in our genes to express power. Males who looked strong and manly got more females, more children. As female behavior is generally seen as softer, weaker than male behavior, it is supressed to make sure our kids don't fall out of this power-based society. It's the same with animals, if male animals behave and look like female animals, they won't have the chance to mate and reproduce. So, it's a natural given that female behavior is surpressed in males. BUT, we, humans, have a developed brain and a strong culture. We have already freed ourselves from most of these heritages of our old natural histrory. We must be able to get rid of this too. Even, if we continue to think in the evolutionary way, men with a feminine side are likely to be loving and good parents, more than extremely masculine men. Don't you think?

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

In my teenage years of wearing heels (privately) I did feel an element of a masculine and feminine side that were opposed to each other. Looking back I think that was a reflection of the stereotypical expectations of social convention. It's too easy to fall into the trap of internalising the social gender dichotomy and making out that there's an "inner woman" being oppressed by the "inner man", when it's really just a sense of external pressure to conform. Shaking that off takes a lot of self-belief. What I found most liberating about wearing heels in public is the sense of wholeness that I was expressing all of me, not one arbitrary half or another. I have no problem referring to aspects of my character as "masculine" or "feminine" but they are just a cultural frame of reference based on social conventions, and that doesn't have to define who we are inside.

If you like it, wear it.

when it comes down to it.... maybe everyone is right... maybe there's no such thing as masculine and feminine and it's just a society accepted stereotype... but even though they are stereotypes, i think what everyone have is a longing to belong and fit into the standard stereotype (to some degree). Sure we all have our own individuality but most people take into the context of the stereotype as to what these individuality traits are.... so maybe to re-phase the OP statement we are wning the inner-stereotype women by wanting to wear heels (in private and public)

I can actually understand the inner female thing from a chromozomal standpoint. Men are composed of 50/50 male and female chromazones where as women have 0/100 male and female chromazones. It sure looks like from a chromazonal standpoint that feminine guys are lot easier to explain than masculine girls. It kinda makes me wonder what kind of out of control monster we would wind up with if a guy had 100/0 male and female chromazones.

Well, sex and gender are two different things http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21788238 That's where the chromosomes come in. Put two Xs together and you get a female, put an X and a Y together and you get a male. Those are the only possibilities. YY is just non-viable. It's hormone balance that does all the interesting fiddly stuff. As many people have said here, gender is a social construct.

Sorry to break it to you, chaps, but the male is nothing more than an evolutionary desirable add on. You bring variation to the table, with all the hybrid benefits that has. Still lots of species, aphids for example, dispense with the male in times of particular plenty because they can reproduce quicker without them, though all the offspring are clones. The way technology is headed, if you don't want that to happen with us you'd better start remembering our birthday ;)

Well, sex and gender are two different things http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-21788238 That's where the chromosomes come in. Put two Xs together and you get a female, put an X and a Y together and you get a male. Those are the only possibilities. YY is just non-viable. It's hormone balance that does all the interesting fiddly stuff. As many people have said here, gender is a social construct.

Sorry to break it to you, chaps, but the male is nothing more than an evolutionary desirable add on. You bring variation to the table, with all the hybrid benefits that has. Still lots of species, aphids for example, dispense with the male in times of particular plenty because they can reproduce quicker without them, though all the offspring are clones. The way technology is headed, if you don't want that to happen with us you'd better start remembering our birthday ;)

The way technology is headed, if you don't want that to happen with us you'd better start remembering our birthday! Only did that once in my 28 years of marriage and it wasn't pretty!! Just missed our 28th anniversary as I didn't realize what the days date was! Also a big problem! Wasn't a GOOD day! I wear heels because they look great and are fun! Jim

I can actually understand the inner female thing from a chromozomal standpoint. Men are composed of 50/50 male and female chromazones where as women have 0/100 male and female chromazones. It sure looks like from a chromazonal standpoint that feminine guys are lot easier to explain than masculine girls. It kinda makes me wonder what kind of out of control monster we would wind up with if a guy had 100/0 male and female chromazones.

I can recognize a feminine element to my being. I choose to blend those qualities of my being to create me, or maybe it just happens automatically. In any case I see it as not one or the other but a blending of both.

Yeah, as ilk said, not telling is not longer acceptable here. Update your profile please.

maybe I have a 20/80 man to woman chromozone profile. But that's fine, nothing to feel ashamed about.

Even, if we continue to think in the evolutionary way, men with a feminine side are likely to be loving and good parents, more than extremely masculine men. Don't you think?

Totally agree, I have started to realize my feminine side more and I can be a soft caring person. But if I feel threatened or someone I care for is in danger, then that triggers the tiger's temper. So I think that masculinity still needs to take place in the evolutionary way in order to protect.

The Earth's tilt has just shifted as dead biologists around the world are spinning in their graves.

Oh come on, Megan, they have pills for that now. I saw it on an infomercial last night. Take the "Y" pill. You'll like it! Plus, if you order now, you'll get a set of Ginsu knives, absolutely free. Look at that tomato!

The Earth's tilt has just shifted as dead biologists around the world are spinning in their graves.

Perhaps that accounts for the lousy weather we've been having.

After all, women are not afraid to express a masculine side and many women are ecourage to do it. A lot of women wear very masculine shoes like combat boots and other styles. In fact, all men's shoes styles are available for women. Women that express a masculine side are called Tomboys, but unfortunately there is no such work for a male that expresses a feminine side because males are strongly discouraged from doing this. I hope that more and more members of this site will own the fact that they wear feminine shoes and are expressing internal feminity when doing so, and will be honest in interactions with others.

Well said all of it,and this is applied to all fashions,not just shoes.