Out For A Stroll

Heelster

post-8982-0-60162400-1365558553_thumb.jpSince I am out on the road again, decided to bring out the J Lo stiletto boots I bought on clearance recently at Kohl's and do some shopping. Takes awhile to walk two levels of a major mall, but the thrill was fantastic. I'm sure people notice although these boots are rather quite considering the height and added platform. Jeans covered some of the boot, but not enough to hide them from the obvious watchers. Stopped in at a couple of my favorite stores. The girls at Aldo's i'm sure had to notice along with the staff at Journey's Shi shoes. Some of the guys sitting in the center courts couldn't have missed me. Not sure what's on tomorrow nights venue, but I brought option. Sorry - no camera. I'll have to get one sometime soon Edit - these are the boots. Surprisingly comfortable

I'm in awe of you guys that are pushing the boundaries. I don't know if I would have the courage to go out in public and challenge the status quo. And I love those boots.

"Porsche...There is no Substitute"

I'm in awe of you guys that are pushing the boundaries. I don't know if I would have the courage to go out in public and challenge the status quo.

And I love those boots.

?????????

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Ms Patsy.... Thanks for your comment. For me, a guy who has been heeling in public since 1996, it is a lonely life. Even out here in "progressive" - (whatever that means) California, I have never seen another guy wearing women's shoes. I heel whenever possible, just yesterday I was out in the sandals shown in my avatar. It does take some courage, especially at first, but after a while I just don't think about it much. And occasionally I do get a compliment from BOTH guys and gals. Bottom line, I enjoy wearing heels and gals shoes, a lot - as well as pushing the boundaries - he he. Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Back out again tonight. Stopped by a DSW after I saw they were having a sale. Nothing 'I just had to have', so it was off to dinner at the Tilted Kilt. Always a joy, I opted for boots again as it's raining pretty hard. These boots have a pretty aggressive sole, so traction isn't bad although the heel still slips on wet smooth surfaces. Another good night

Hey! Heelster,

There are probably a lot of guys out in heels, but their heels are hard to see because of being hidden so well or the footwear is indistinquishable as to having heeling properties.

In some cases, I would agree, but with the length of jeans and the boots heel height, I can see at least 3 inches below the pant legs. Now sitting at an elevated table on a bar stool by myself - - there is nothing hidden at all.

Way to go Heelster. I gotta ask, did you get any comment or reaction at all from the girls at Tilted Kilt?

Nope - - not a one. A couple gals did double takes, and I know one even pointed me out to another, but other than that, these girls we the perfect ladies, and made no real notice. I wasn't bashful about what I had on, so it wasn't like I was hiding anything. I was kinda hoping to get a comment too.

I was back again tonight, and sat right up at the bar - - - nothing.

After the mention that there was probably men in the area wearing heels, but had them hidden, I went to the mall again, and watched for awhile.

Guys had on sneakers, a couple pairs of work-boots, and a few pairs of men's dress shoes. Nothing with a heel.

There is a big equestrian show in town, but no cowboy boots to be seen at all.

Three night, out in heels, Shopping at Aldo's, DSW, Charelotte Russe (just for fun) JCPenneys, Journey's Shi, just about everywhere, and not even a mention, or acknowledgement.

Yes guys - - nobody really notices, and if they do, they don't say anything.

Maybe skinny jeans and a pair of summer wedges next time??

• 4 weeks later...

I like Heelster's boots and have always considered that style to be essentially masculine, i.e. a work boot which happens to have a heel. I saw some in a charity shop recently in a pale fawn suede with pointed toes and a square stacked stiletto heel about 4.5" (no platform) which really appealed to me and, in the soft suede, were no doubt comfortable. But, as usual, they were nowhere near big enough for my UK11 feet! If high (and slim) heels become more acceptable for men, this style of boot must surely be an obvious choice - there is really nothing otherwise feminine about it all all.

Where are you for an equestrian show? We do the horse thing. I am getting more people taking second looks bu no comments. I am getting More comfortable with that but I am still causious at times as too who I am around. I still survey the area to be sure it is a "safe" place to go, but that Also depends on what I have. I do have heels that I go about life as if they were Tennis shoes. I went to the dentist with a pair of platform boots with a very chunky heel. I know The girl noticed when I was in the chair. She took a long look but said nothing. As for The doc,I treid to keep talking to him to keep him from really lookng. This was actually The second time I wore heels there. So there are times I just make myself go about My buisiness as normal but with heels on.

I wear heels to church every sunday. Btw, 4.5" blade heels with loud plastic tips! They finally asked he why I wear heels(after one year of wearing heels all the time). I said: because ythey make my legs look really long and because they are sexy. And I obviously have the body to wear anything I want. I think they were expecting me to get embarassed!

Nothing really, I just picked up my music books and sat down. Btw, I had my highest, loudest heels on. After church, the choir director said she sells make up and would give me a good deal. I went into great detail on what I wear and like. Everybody were floored! No big deal for me. Eyerybody should be able to dress and look the way they want, no matter what society dictates. Just think what it was like when the first woman wore pants out in public! If they can do, so can we.

I agree with Steve. What, if anything , did they have to say after your response and seeing you were not embarrassed? Jim

Nobody said a thing - - no comments at all, and I would have at least expected tha ladies at The Tilted Kilt to at least acknowledged what they obviousely saw.

I think they respected me to dress the way I want. I've known them for a long time. They know I'm not weird. Just into myself too much( way too much!).