The Warm Weather Is Here...

Rockbass19

And that sucks for the guys like me that wear their heels/boots under their jeans! Can't wear jeans on a 80 degree (F) day! And that means I can't wear my heels! Unless there's a cool night. Ugh... Can someone can point out some not-too-feminine looking heels/sandals that I can wear with khaki shorts...size 13? Suggestions welcome... Oh if anyone wants to see, I posted several pics of my boots in my gallery...

Heck, I have been wearing jeans on the handful of 90 degree days we yave had in Phoenix this year. Now I can wear short to work but I have been wearing jeans just to keep my heeling going.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I wear jeans almost all summer long. Can't go without wearing heels. Thats just wrong. When i go shopping for jeans for the summer, I try and find a nice thin pair of jeans. I noticed that Silver jeans are nice and thin. I also have a few other pair of jeans that are fairly thin.

And here there is more snow and sleet in the weather forecast.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Yes, the warm weather does cramp your style for hiding under jeans. I do agree with the above comment about thin jeans. You will have to venture with a female style/cut. If you are doing shorts, it will be whatever you are comfortable with. Now, the sandals will look somewhat feminine for sure if they have a wedge or heel and exposed in shorts. I'm not sure what the comforatble level is. A wedge? Espadrille? Something shorter in height?

I'm going through the same dilemma myself. I've never worn truly girly-girl shoes out (my wife would say otherwise), and now it comes time to contemplate how far I'm willing to push the envelope. So yesterday, at the very hour it started to turn from 75 degrees to the current 38 degrees, I wore the pictured sandals to the grocery store with tight boot cut jeans that cover about half the heel. I thought to myself, "Oh, these aren't that noticeable," as I used to have a pair of men's flat sandals that were somewhat similar. Let's face it, who am I kidding? With high heeled sandals, they're going to look feminine no matter what. I'm trying to imagine even a one-inch elevation difference, and I cannot picture a heeled sandal that's not going to look either girly or look like you're on your way to a costume party.

Now, let's add the additional element of shorts. Or perhaps a better word would be "elephant" of shorts. I used to have a picture of me wearing men's khaki shorts with heels. It's one of the pictures that got lost in my blown-up hard drive. I was glad it was gone until this very moment, because I wish I could show you what that really looks like. Not nice. Maybe if they were very close fitting they might possibly look OK, but trust me, normal men's shorts of any sort do not look nice with heels. Then, there's the matter of hairy legs with baggy shorts with heels. To me, no matter how you cut it, this look says that you're on your way to a "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" charity event.

I agree, shorts and heels is a tough one to pull off, and I personally think I'm not going there at this time. However, I think the jeans and sandals could easily turn into a regular thing for me. For one thing, the pictured sandals are incredibly easy to live with. They are definitely toward the top of my list of favorite shoes that I own as of yesterday.

Good luck with your heeling journey!

post-19325-0-07462200-1365600366_thumb.j

post-19325-0-61530300-1365600402_thumb.j

And that sucks for the guys like me that wear their heels/boots under their jeans! Can't wear jeans on a 80 degree (F) day! And that means I can't wear my heels! Unless there's a cool night. Ugh...

Can someone can point out some not-too-feminine looking heels/sandals that I can wear with khaki shorts...size 13?

Suggestions welcome...

Oh if anyone wants to see, I posted several pics of my boots in my gallery...

Why not change your mode of wearing high heels? What is the point of wearing high heels under pants? One of the purposes of high heels is so that other people can see them. After all, women wear men's shoes all of the time so there is no reason that a man can't wear women's shoes. It is really not a big deal. If you want to wear sandals, payless has a large selection especially online. If you wear sandals in the summer, I suggest a professional pedicure and bright red nail polish on your toenails. I always wear red polish on my toes with 3 inch wedge sandals and get a lot of compliments from women. You should always wear colored polish on your toenails if you wear any type of open toe sandal because it really enhances the look. Why not take a big step and just let everyone see that you wear high heels? If people ask you about the heels, just tell them that you like wearing heels. It is very liberating to wear heels and nail polish just like women do.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

I usually have most of my shoes showing below my pants. I wear pants because I have no interest in shaving my legs and heels and hairy legs just don't go together very well IMO.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

mlroseplant, How you?? I like those Sofft sandals, they really look nice. I have had Sofft sandals in the past, thought they were very comfy. For me, I am a denim pants (or cargo) pants and hh sandal guy, no shorts for me, I just don't like them, never have. And yes, those sandals do look like women's shoes, but what the heck, if you like them and they are comfortable, wear them to your hearts desire. I would!! And do!! But with pants.... ha ha.. Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

The fear that grips us when we are actually confronted with the reality that we wear items that somebody has labeled for women. Now, should we adapt to the seasonal fashion and expose our choice of footwear? Wow! It's a heaven/hell situation. Hell for us in hiding our heels and watching others walk around in theirs. Heaven for us who have moved on and wear heels realizing this fear is actually self-inflicted and would become a non-factor once people see guys regularly in heels. It's that interim between now and then that could be a relatively short period of time and an easy step (deliberately punned) to a better life of freedom should we drop our inhibitions by heeling openly or continue to experience this excruciating ordeal as long as the status quo stays in our area. It's up to each one of us. Make it happen and others will follow. Talking to the choir, aren't I? Well, it could be the heeling concert revival!

Why not change your mode of wearing high heels? What is the point of wearing high heels under pants? One of the purposes of high heels is so that other people can see them. After all, women wear men's shoes all of the time so there is no reason that a man can't wear women's shoes. It is really not a big deal. If you want to wear sandals, payless has a large selection especially online. If you wear sandals in the summer, I suggest a professional pedicure and bright red nail polish on your toenails. I always wear red polish on my toes with 3 inch wedge sandals and get a lot of compliments from women. You should always wear colored polish on your toenails if you wear any type of open toe sandal because it really enhances the look. Why not take a big step and just let everyone see that you wear high heels? If people ask you about the heels, just tell them that you like wearing heels. It is very liberating to wear heels and nail polish just like women do.

I wear my heels under my jeans because that's the way I like it, and that's the look I want. I'm not a spring/summertime heeler.

And I'm DEFINITELY NOT painting my toenails...it might work for you, but it's not my style...

I'll just go on a heeling vacation until the fall...(but I'll still contribute here!) No biggie...

I too would find it hard to paint my nails. May look great on most but my feet are not beauties. Shaving my legs is something I would like to try if I could get away with it. Started to once but got a lot of grief from my wife. It would make hosiery feel so much better! Rockbass 19, Why stop heeling in the summer? I find wearing pumps is comfortable all year round. My boots are now away for the fall/winter seasons.

I've shaved (epilated really) my legs since 1998 and will never go back to hairy. Hosiery feels so much better, stays up better, and of course looks better. But if you don't shave or your wife loves your hairy legs, you can get away with black hose to solve that problem. As to painting toenails or fingernails, I never had an interest, but a couple of years ago I tried it with subtle colors, such as satin rose and copper colors, which really look pretty cool. I've had quite a few compliments from women, including a flight attendant on our trip to Ireland on April 5. My male friends don't say anything, but they accept it just fine; I haven't lost any friends over it. So if you're thinking of painting your nails, but aren't sure, go for a more subtle color than bright red or pink. A copper, or satin rose might be just right for you, too. As to shorts, I like wearing shorts and hosiery in warmer weather. I like capri pants and capri jeans, too. I have a few pair of sandals that have higher heels (2.5 to 3 inches), but arent' stiletto, and I'm comfortable wearing them quite exposed. I show five of them here: Steve

post-4071-0-64404100-1366473432_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-68154600-1366473469_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-82078300-1366473546_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-21934000-1366473589_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-86037800-1366473627_thumb.jp