Whatcha Using?

Quite. Thank you. By the way, there's a mistake in the Spanish which makes it even more enjoyable.

I would obsess over where the mistake is, but it's even more delightful to bask in my ignorance!

Back on topic, I'm on a home-built 7 year old Athlon64 X2 4800+ 2.2GHz with 2Gb DDR2 800 MHz RAM, 500GB HD running Linux.

Just for you I inserted a deliberate mistake in that.... share the bliss! :)

If you like it, wear it.

It's been said that opera is so much more musical in a foreign language. Pity the poor Italians who have to listen to Aida in the same language they use for buying toilet paper. You've no idea how comforting it is to know that there are people who know where your mistake is. I've deliberately not intruded on your bliss by explaining the mistake in the Spanish. Thank you.

Have you ever listened to opera in English (assuming you are a native speaker) and tried to follow the words? For the most part the words are not very intelligible.That's why most opera houses now have surtitles, regardless of whether the opera is in English or a lesser tongue. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I'll make an exception for Gilbert and Sullivan. You really do need to hear the words so it needs singers with really good diction. I strongly suspect that italian opera is just as hard for italians to follow and so on.

Lesser tongue LOL Well, music is what all other arts aspire to and opera is really just language used as music, so the words don't matter too much. I suppose what I meant is that one's own language can seem a rather workaday tool for such an enterprise. Oh dear, I've done it again, haven't I? Sorry all.

Old proverb: One who does not back up data will verily lose it. I know a couple of people who knew they should have backups lose a lot of important stuff. In one case it was hard disk failure, in the other case it was theft of the laptop. My backups should be sufficient to protect against anything short of an aircraft crashing on the house. Even then, if I'm at home at the time I've no further worries.

I know a couple of people who knew they should have backups lose a lot of important stuff. In one case it was hard disk failure, in the other case it was theft of the laptop.

Both of my machines mirror one another and TimeMachine is an awesome program. Both machines have an external drive connected. I didnt loose ANYTHING. Redundancy ontop of redundancy.

Yes, Im a pessimist in some regards ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

ASUS Notebook U56E Series

Intel Core i5-2410M Dual core 2.30 GHz with a 2.80GHz turbo function. 6GB of ram. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Also own an iPad 2 which could almost replace my laptop. ALMOST.

I have a ten year old HP desktop, not sure what is under the hood as it don't make much difference for web browsing. I also have a Asus laptop, same specs, no clue! As computers have gotten faster about anything works fast enough for my use. I don't game or do any high power usage so these days a brick with a keyboard and monitor is good enough!

-- or --

Acer Aspire One netbook, Intel Atom processor, not much memory (like maybe a gig), Windows 7, 1024 x 600 display -- when I'm on the go.

I just acquired an Aspire One. It was all puckered up when I got it. I've been playing with JoliOS Linux. been working well. The OS is designed for being online, but it's stable

Yup I am a Mac fan, Mac Pro, 3TB, and 4TB back up 4-5 years old now, lotsa ram, as it used for photo stuff. Mac Book Pro, 2 yrs old, looking for new one now, 500gb. It is a job keeping up to the new stuff and keeping the software updated......geez. But that is the game!

• 2 weeks later...