Double Platform? Or, What Are They Called!?

Lvemadomina

Posted Image

I was browsing shoes and this is just an example of what I'm curious about. What is the proper name of this shoe design? I kinda want to see if there's an affordable shoe with this platform design and if anyone can help lead me in the right direction. Also what do you all think of the platform cutout in general??

The only brand I saw that made several of these is designer brand Gianmarco Lorenzi which is ungodly expensive $$$

Look for a ' dots ' or a ' rainbow ' clothing store. They have similar shoes there with the same kind of heel on the front. They are like.. 10-30$ at most. You can try Ebay as well.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I've seen quite a bit of these up for sale lately. I must say that for platforms they are interesting. They break up of the platform is such a way as to remove much if what ILK calls the jackstand effect. They remove much of the bulk that makes a plat look like a hoof.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I think they look nice up close. Charlotte Olympia have some nice ones, but they are in the $900 range. Too much money for a novelty shoe. I would wear them. I love plats, but these are a bit too much. Ash.

Hmm! A most curious style. Not my cup of tea, but hey! To each their own.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I think they look nice up close. Charlotte Olympia have some nice ones, but they are in the $900 range. Too much money for a novelty shoe. I would wear them. I love plats, but these are a bit too much.

Ash.

I agree! The charlotte olympias are very similar, and just as ugly.....lol But to each their own.

For all the reasons Shafted likes them, they're the reasons that I don't like them. I prefer symmetry, each piece flowing into the next. The Charlotte Olympias to me look like a platform glued on almost as an after thought. I think it's great to heard everyone's else's opinion. Especially because there isn't a right opinion on the shoe, it's how each individual views them. I think the perfect platform/heel combination are the YSL tribute series. The hidden platform isn't as noticeable as the Daffodiles, and the arch is the same.

"Porsche...There is no Substitute"

Especially because there isn't a right opinion on the shoe, it's how each individual views them.

Also how they wear it and what it is worn with. Any shoe can look good with the right outfit.

For all the reasons Shafted likes them, they're the reasons that I don't like them.

You're killing me girl, but to each our own.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I believe the proper name is simply a "stacked platform". Google might lead you to more answers on this one. I've tried on a few pair in the days where my store sheltered females that fancied my footwear choices ;) But I think every time they end up running a bit small, which sucks ;( Not to mention every pair was rather glittery...

Formally "HHDude"

Upon further review, here's a simpler name to call those shoes----FUGLY!

Those things look like they had been designed by someone in the middle of a crack binge. Proof positive that drugs are most definitely bad for you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Upon further review, here's a simpler name to call those shoes----FUGLY!

Those things look like they had been designed by someone in the middle of a crack binge. Proof positive that drugs are most definitely bad for you.

Everyone have their Nitro and Heart-Attack medz ready?

I could *consider* wearing a pair of those. They are as JeffB described, but they dont look like what the common jackstand is. If I had to choose between the 2 posted pics, it would definitely be the first one posted.

Nobody would see me buying a pair though ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Wow! Who would have thought! Now the first pair are really different and I too like those. Would love to try a pair and don't care if anybody saw me purchasing them. They are a change from the regular platform, although I do like platforms as long as they are not too high, and look like fun. Hopefully someone will come out with an affordable pair in a size I can wear! Jim :thumbsup:

Also how they wear it and what it is worn with. Any shoe can look good with the right outfit.

You have such a great looking pair of pumps in your avatar. I'd stick with those!

Agree with most opinions here, I don't really see the point, they don't look elegant. They sort of look like a floating shoe, with a home made platform extension attached. Now, the YSL Tribute that Patsy Cline pointed out earlier, that is a beautiful shoe, pricey, but truly stunning.

post-2375-0-72556900-1365525247_thumb.jp