Getting (Some Of) My Boldness Back

Lime15

Lime: Well done on your latest pictures. Black and blue is quite a dynamic color combination, one I've been wearing a good deal myself of late on my outings, and I've liked how that combo looks on me, and, from your pics, it looks good on you as well. Now, if you were to pair your skirt with a black button down shirt and a necktie that matched the blue on the skirt, it would be even more dynamic. By all means, give that a try and see what happens.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boldness is not the problem for me.  It is a unique situation of my wife's sister is staying with us with her 2 children (ages 3 & 10) I have no way of wearing heels especially when the kids don't understand or does their mother.  Bottom line it is not good.

• 3 weeks later...

Lime: Well done on your latest pictures. Black and blue is quite a dynamic color combination, one I've been wearing a good deal myself of late on my outings, and I've liked how that combo looks on me, and, from your pics, it looks good on you as well. Now, if you were to pair your skirt with a black button down shirt and a necktie that matched the blue on the skirt, it would be even more dynamic. By all means, give that a try and see what happens.

Thanks JeffB! I've actually been looking for a tie that matches the blue of that skirt but I haven't been able to find one to my liking.  Always either too light or too purple.

I haven't been heeling much lately due to simply being to busy and out and about at a moment's notice.  Had some time so I changed that today.  These are Fioni "Joy" pumps, a staple of Payless many years ago that I was able to find secondhand awhile back.  I've said it before but when I see what Payless used to offer (tons of colors, all kinds of heeled patent oxfords and spectator pumps) it makes me wish I had thought to buy heels there years ago.  These actually made a bit of a comeback with a higher heel as the "Landry" mary jane last year but I unfortunately missed out on them - always looking for a secondhand pair though.

The skirt is new, from Nordstrom, and this is the first time I've worn it.  I went with a 14W and it fit me perfectly, hanging out right at my natural waist.  I'm sure most skirting guys have the same problem I do, in that most skirts in our sizes tend to want hips to hang off of.  Finding a skirt that I don't have to wear up higher than usual or keep an eye on the waistline of is a great thing.  It's also very light and soft but still feels thick and substantial.  I think it's going to be a wardrobe regular for me and I'm looking to buy more of the same.

Overall look this time was blacks, obviously.  Simple and professional, I let the charcoal colored chevrons on the skirt  be the contrast and what pop this outfit has.  The very small sliver buckles on the heels also stand out a little.  Simple black tie with a tight black stitched dot pattern this time, so not even that overpowers the subdued pattern on the skirt.

post-19684-0-03019400-1405107819_thumb.j

post-19684-0-62033800-1405107827_thumb.j

I agree, I'm quite aware of my relative lack of hips, but I try to do a little exercise to define what waist I can. I usually buy skirts/trousers a size smaller than tops and that seems to work fine for me. I think there's a lot more variety in womenswear in general, so in fact most women will find they can only wear a fraction of the diversity of styles on offer. In any case, you seem to be finding looks that work for you Lime15, your outfit's very smart and I can't imagine it working with flats (except maybe ballet flats), it's all about the heels and you present them very well.

If you like it, wear it.

Hey there, Lime! Great outfit! Looks good on you! Now, if you wanted to add some truly serious contrast, you could opt for a button down dress shirt and a necktie, either blue, red or white.

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since I've taken some pictures but I really like how today's outfit came together.  First time I've worn these heels for an entire day and I have to say they're pretty comfortable and stay on my feet as if they are glued on - rare for platforms.  These are Christian Siriano Gold Collection for Payless, I believe the style is "Pearl" - discontinued many years ago.  Paired with my staple of suntan pantyhose, black skirt, simple grey shirt and a black tie.

I thought this outfit would either look to plain or the dark green croc print of the heels wouldn't jive with everything else but - wow, I think it looks great and even more importantly I feel great wearing this one.

post-19684-0-98779900-1407016753_thumb.j

post-19684-0-45072100-1407016761_thumb.j

post-19684-0-33698100-1407016768_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in Southern California, and want to know where you work, because I want to work there if they allow this!

I'm up north and wear these outfits on the days I work from home.  To be honest I tend to get more done on days I heel, which is nearly every day I'm working on something.

I've had some illness over the past week but I'm on the mend and wanted to get back to heeling today.  I also wanted to break in these new pumps that came in the mail yesterday.  I also haven't worn my green skirt for awhile so went for this quick look pairing the two.  The heels are from Type Z and the style is Carla.  Extremely comfortable and fit surprisingly well considering they're a 13W and I'm usually a 13M.

post-19684-0-10211800-1409251180_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Breaking in my new Payless Jetset faux suede oxfords today.  These are pretty comfortable however they do have a pretty steep rise so unless you're used to higher heels you may want to try before you buy.  Sure they have a small platform but they feel like steep single sole heels.  Decent quality too as they're very soft and flexible.  They do have that flocked fabic outsole that I hate however but I'll probably coat it with sealant to keep the outsoles from soaking up outside moisture.

post-19684-0-90678400-1413401644_thumb.j

post-19684-0-61083400-1413401652_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Been awhile, hasn't it?  I'm still heeling most non-commute days, buying and selling shoes as my tastes change and attempting to even out my heels into a couple dozen or so pairs that I'll wear frequently.  As it has been some time since I've been 'round these parts, here's my choice for today.  These are Type Z "Carla" black patent platforms, size 13W.  Honestly I would hate to see what a 13M is in these since they feel like a normal width shoe and thereby fit fine.  Very comfortable and easy to walk in with a very trim flexible platform and super thin heels.  I wish I would have bought more of this style years ago when Zappos had tons of them for sale.

post-19684-0-86176800-1417733856_thumb.j

post-19684-0-39631400-1417733864_thumb.j

Well done, Lime! Well done indeed! Your outfit looked quite sharp, the contrast of red and black with the patterned skirt made for a dynamic pairing. And your pumps were smashing! Once again, well done!

• 2 months later...

I'm not a fan of ties, but i like some of your color combinations

Oh yes, ties, the epitome of male bondage, literally.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.