Daffodile

wedgemao

I need a suggestion for this crucial issue... my wife is giving birth to our baby in mid october and I am planning in getting her a super present.. she does not like jewels that much but is totally shoe crazy...I am actually her best advisor on shoes purchases as we always go shoe shopping together. I would like to get her a pair of daffodiles so that when she will come back home from the hospital, put aside the baby, I will have the present for her on display.. BUT my crucial issue is: is this model an everlasting one OR it is a tredny shoe now because of the celebs wearing them and all the hype with it??? Since they cost quite a bit I would really like to get her a "shoe present" that will last for some time and will not be outfashioned in a couple of years from now... what do you all think?? thanks for the advice ciao

You might want to contact PatsyCline on this one as she apparently has quite a collection of CL's, including daffys.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My wife has a few CL's including a pair of Daffodiles. She loves them but personally I think her Piggale 120's are the most classic, elegant and timeless. - I just can't help but think that massive platform will go out of style at some point, but the classic single sole court shoe will never go out of fashion.

I know Patsy is building a pretty good collection and she'd certainly be an excellent resource insofar as wearability of the Daff is concerned. As for me, as much as I love the Daff, I would suggest considering the Bianca, Pigalle or the Decollette. All three are classic designs that should always be in style. Congrats on the nerw addition to your family!!!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

I think the big platform tall heels shoe will go out of fashion sometime, but I agree a pair of Biancas or Pigalles would be a safer bet. A pair in black will never go out of style. I don't have a pair of Pigalles, but my pair of 140mm Biancas are very comfortable and an all day on my feet shoe. If she loves the Daffodiles, you can get the Lady Daffodile which has a Mary Jane strap, the Daffys which have the thicker heel. Then there's an open toe version of all three. All my Daffodiles are very comfortable, and as long as your wife is used to wearing 4" heels without a platform, she should have no problem with the Daffodiles. As I said before, black patent or leather are the safest colours, but maybe a pair in pink or blue to celebrate the birth of your child might be a nice surprise. Either way I think she will be pleased.

"Porsche...There is no Substitute"

I know Patsy is building a pretty good collection and she'd certainly be an excellent resource insofar as wearability of the Daff is concerned. As for me, as much as I love the Daff, I would suggest considering the Bianca, Pigalle or the Decollette. All three are classic designs that should always be in style. Congrats on the nerw addition to your family!!!

thanks!

Wedgemao, That's a great idea for a present I'm sure she'd like. Take the advice of the others here, though, and get something timeless. It's a big investment and shouldn't look outdated in a couple of years as fashions change. October is a long way away, though, and her shoe size could change after the pregnancy is over. You might want to wait until her weight is back to "normal" and then buy her the shoes. Congratulations on the new baby! Steve

first of all thanks a lot everybody for the wise suggestions... luckily things are going smoothly so far, keeping my fingers crossed. all the points you stated are very true so i am making up my mind now, altough i am positive about her liking the daffys..i will let you know how i will sort this thing out

Keep watch at net-a-porter.com, barneys, neiman marcus sites as you might pick up a pair on sale. I managed to find 2 pairs on sale after Xmas in Las Vegas. And if you find a pair you want, buy them immediately as Christian Louboutin seems to change models all the time, and a model can get sold out quickly and not come back. The Daffodiles are an extremely popular model over the last two years, and they have limited run Daffodiles all the time. I think my Daffodile count is up to 11, between boots & shoes.

"Porsche...There is no Substitute"