Do You Have It " Good "?

Ive been finishing up some recordings lately. I find the time thats best is when theres nobody around, when everyone else is sleeping. I was exchanging messages with someone tonight and they complimented me. They liked some of the work that Ive done. Ive recently worked on the in-laws homes, they liked the work that I did. I thought for a moment ' Ya know.. I dont have it bad at all, things are really good for me right now. '. I dont know if its because Im comparing how last year was with surgery, chemo and all the other crap of closing the business, dealing with the state and taxes, lawyers.. it was like one big disaster outside of getting married to the greatest person I have ever met. I never really sit down and really think about ' things '. This past night/morning, I put my guitar in its stand after I finished and gave it all a good half hour moment of thought and I must admit.. I do have it really ' good ' from my perspective. If I were to pull out some quill and parchment ( pen and paper to you yanks! :D im trying to patronize those folks across the pond ;) ) and wrote 2 lists of what I thought were ' good ' and ' bad ' in my life right now, I think the ' good ' would be a list that was much longer. How about you? Do you have it ' good ' right now? -Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Well Mr ilk most younger generation would not know what quill and parchment is ipad yes. Do I have it good right now I would say yes, I don't have to go to work anymore and enough money to able me to do roughly what I want, could do with some more though. Bad side is I suffer with Ankylosing Spondylitis, it's a deise that slowly joins all of your joints together, bone grows in between your joints and they seize up, but life goes on there are loads of people much worse of than myself. So I consider myself lucky I just adapt slowly to changes to my body. so yes I do have it good right now.

life is not a rehearsal

It's always nice to sit back and suddenly realise where you're at and that all is good. Placing you at that good frame of mind will do wonders both bodily and mentally. Post you're not so little op, a positive attitude does work more magic than can be perceived on the long term recovery and healing. May that frame of mind continue. "Be still soul let you worry not, all is good" Al

Yes I consider myself to have it good, I am in a much better position financially and emotionally than most so consider myself a very lucky man. Best of all is the wonderful woman in my life.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I'm almost a poor as a church mouse and I have never been so happy with my life. Plan for being poor and it's a rewarding way to live.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted et al, I remember hearing once - I'll try to paraphrase as accurately as possible, it was a long time ago: "The true measure of success is being to live your life in the way you choose." For me, probably not all-encompassing, but certainly insightful and good advice. Regards, Logjam

I'm almost a poor as a church mouse and I have never been so happy with my life. Plan for being poor and it's a rewarding way to live.

I agree with you, but I was just trying to borrow off a church mouse. He was skint. I'm with you, but I'm tired of being cold. The temperature in my flat (apartment ) is 9o. That's about 40o for our colonial friends. I'm cold and lonely :cry1:

The temperature in my flat (apartment ) is 9o. That's about 40o for our colonial friends. I'm cold and lonely :cry1:

Get a man then ;) Share the bills and make some heat :D

I agree with you, but I was just trying to borrow off a church mouse. He was skint. I'm with you, but I'm tired of being cold. The temperature in my flat (apartment ) is 9o. That's about 40o for our colonial friends. I'm cold and lonely :cry1:

As I have constructed my own solar heating system, I always have a warm part of my house that I can retreat to during cold weather. On cloudy days I heat that same space with a quartz infrared heater for less than 30 dollars a month during winter when it's cloudy. Like I say I planned for being poor by investing in the neccesities of life while I had the money to spend. I suppose that is part of my prepper mentality. It has served me very well.

40 degrees F, that's chilly in my book as well. I have to keep my furnace set at 55 degrees F just to keep my pipes from freezing and at 70 degrees F if the temp drops below 0 degrees F.

I actually sleep best at a temp of 55 degrees F, but under two blankets. Then I sleep like I'm dead.

Putting up with 40 degrees F is tough. It makes me thankful I've prepared for that.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I definitely need my own radio talk show! Dr. Ruth doesnt have crap on me! She couldnt do this math like I can! Check this out folks :

It doesn't seem any men want me.

I actually sleep best at a temp of 55 degrees F, but under two blankets. Then I sleep like I'm dead.

Hmmm.. lemme look at the math here. ( Stick with me people.. )

So.. Meg says no man wants to sleep with her. Well.. from being a guy.. they ( rather I ) cant say I enjoyed a bed on my lonesome. Sure, there are moments and nights when being married.. I really dont have a choice.. my survival depends on me STAYING OUT of " HER " bed on those nights. But usually, its ' ok ' and the company is welcome.. at least on my perspective of things. I still havent learned how to both ' shut up ' and ' go to sleep ' at teh same time. Its usually Im awake and not saying anything OR Im sleeping and my brain cannot comprehend the command of ' shutting up ' as I would be ' shutting off ' from my conscious in some way..

But anyway, Megan, Im sure there are quite a few ' chaps ' that would state differently.

Now Shafted.. hear me out on this..

You like to sleep at 55 degrees but under 2 blankets. 40 degrees is chilly.. So.. 2 blankets brings you over 40 degrees and up to 55 degrees.. OK! So.. if you only used 1 blanket, the temperature around you would probably drop say.. 10 degrees?

I think another human body would raise it back up to as if you had 2 blankets still, nice and cumphy as you said you like it.

So.. I think I have the solution but need a few more samples/questions answered..

Megan : Are you ok with sleeping with 1 blanket AND do you suffer from air sickness or jetlag?

Shafted : I think I might have a means to an end here ;)

I swear to god I should have been a sociologist! ( Did I spell sociologist correctly? Check out my brainz! )

I actually prefer the cool room when I'm under the blankets over just having a warmer room. I like being warm, but I also like breathing in cool air when sleeping or trying to sleep. I haven't ruled out having another warm body under the blankets with me. I just haven't been actively looking. I have to admit though it isn't that hard to find a woman, they tend to be drawn to me for some reason.

This year I've just got tired of cold hands and feet. It seems to be going on forever. It's an idea, ILK, ;) but I need to be near to Mum. She's 87 and getting frail. I've plenty of men who are friends, but none to curl up with. I wasn't 'prepped' for my children leaving home, and I've sort of forgotten how to go about it. Stop whining, Megan. PS Yes, you spelled sociologist right.