Guys Posting In The Girls Forum - An Apology

freestyle75

Speaking as a guy I think you're right about that Megan. Of course there are exceptions but on the whole men do seem to compete with each other to try to demonstrate superior knowledge and knock down what others are saying, whereas women do tend to show more empathy in their conversations. On the other hand I've had women friends tell me that there's often an air of insincerity about that empathy whereas they find the directness of male company quite refreshing.

Strangely I tend to feel more sidelined in mixed social groups at work, perhaps because that competitive way of interacting is seen as more aspirational and overpowers our more collaborative qualities. Maybe that's why I like wearing heels as a guy, as an exp<b></b>ression that those collaborative qualities are more aspirational than the selfish individualism that predominates in society, and that a bit more femininity in the world would make it a better place. For some reason most guys feel threatened by the very thought of that, like it's some kind of competition! "The gold medal for insecurity goes to..." ;)

Very well stated! I've never been a very competitive guy. I never excelled at sports, and have little interest in them. I much prefer collaboration and conversation. My idea of entertainment is browsing shoe web sites. "When the going gets tough, the tough go...shopping!"

Steve

In reading through this thread, I have become very discouraged in what seems to have morphed from a sincere apology into a finger pointing exercise about who posts where and whose a genetic female and whose an imposter. Suffice it to say, the fact that anyone spends any time at all on this site is evidence of a common interest: shoes...and high heels in particular. To me, shoes are as much about an artform as they are about fashion. Since this particular thread came up and been expanded upon, this board has literally died! And that's a real shame! Think we can get back to having some fun???

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

Since this particular thread came up and been expanded upon, this board has literally died! And that's a real shame!

Funny, I haven't noticed. Honestly this weekends lull would more likely be attributed to it being Easter weekend and people spending more time with their families.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.