Finding Good Shoes

fatfuzz

Hi Everyone, I'm a bit broke at the moment so I can't afford to splash out on any new shoes - especially as I spent a small fortune on my current collection after the last EVER purge at the start of the year even though I could not afford it! But I've been sat around thinking that there's only on or 2 places I can actually buy heels I like and that's basically ebay and Long Tall Sally. I used to shop at Barratts but they haven't stocked any nice shoes in a while and the quality seems to have bottomed right out. Ebay is actually quite good fun because you never know whats going to turn up or if you'll get them! Size is the issue - I am a size 11 UK (I fit some 10's depending on the manufacturer) which equates to a US 13 or Euro 45/46. I have bought shoes from Classic Pumps but their widest fit is just too narrow. I found Barefoot Tess to have some great shoes and have made some purchases there. So I was wondering if anyone can make any recommendations for new places I can go shopping for heels? Plain 4" inch stiletto pointy courts are my standard and favourite but I like a variety of different styles like wedges, peep toes, boots etc. Check my gallery to get a feel for what I like, I guess... It's a shame we don't have Payless over here as it seems some of our american cousins shop there for larger sizes on a regular basis. I think Barratts was probably the UK equivalent and I have bought shit piles of shoes from them in the past but, like I said before, the quality of the styles and shoes is much lower than it was before. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Something in my adventures of shopping I have found : Price doesnt ALWAYS dictate quality nor comfort. Because a shoe has a pricetag of thousands or just 10$ doesnt mean its comfortable or not comfortable. It doesnt mean which will last longer either. I have one pair ( my favorite ) of wedge booties that have more miles on them then any 2 pairs of CL's on this site. They have been on my feet for 6+hours at least 4 days a week for the last year. They were less then 100$. I also have a pair from the same maker ( NineWest ) that were around the same cost that fell apart not long after I bought them. As for size issues, your in a pretty large club. Theres many whom cannot find shoes they desire in their size. I wear a US10 in womens and I sometimes find my size ( small in comparison to most men ) to either be out of stock or not available but not as much as someone seeking an 11 or bigger. Most of the more expensive or ' designer ' labels dont make sizes past 11 that I have seen but times for such are changing.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I couldn't agree with you more regarding quality against price. My all time favourite shoes came from Barratts - 2 styles actually, the wham and i can't remember the other name but it was similar in style. They fit like a dream and lasted for ever apart from needing re-heeling once in awhile. I've owned so many pairs of them but all gone in various purges over the ages. Luckily they still appear from time to time on ebay which is where my red ones came from. Either way, endless searching hasn't turned up much hence the reason for this post. I wonder if I could get a foot transplant on the NHS?! That would solve a few problems. "Hello, how can I help you today?" "Well doctor, I am having trouble finding decent high heels because my feet are quite large so I was wondering if I could get a foot transplant to something a bit smaller like a size 8 or 9?" "I'll book you into see the psychiatrist first thing tomorrow"

• 4 months later...

Funny enough Steve- that is the person i have recommended to fatfuzz in another thread, she is fantastic, Have used her many times, however i deal directly with her not through ebay, get a better deal that way ;)

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Funny enough Steve- that is the person i have recommended to fatfuzz in another thread, she is fantastic, Have used her many times, however i deal directly with her not through ebay, get a better deal that way ;)

HHmmmm, Interesting. How does one search ebay sellers on ebay? Or does anyone have a contact for Rolandah? I'm not in market for any new shoes right now but will be again in the future.

• 5 weeks later...

When I first wrote this post I feeling a bit frustrated because of the lack of the type of heels I like being available to me. Since then, my collection has doubled and there are still a few pairs out there that I really want. Plus I am seeing much more shoes in bigger sizes that will fit properly and comfortably - something that was not available to me until recent times. When I think back to when I first started heeling (before the days of the internet) and the biggest shoes I could get were size 8UK I am surprised I got my feet into them at all! I am finding much more comfortable shoes than ever before which is just great.