1000 Posts, 100 Inspirations, And 1 Wish

HappyinHeels

Good Evening/Morning/Afternoon All,

Since our community spans so many time zones I figured I'd greet you all this way. This is my 1000th post so I started a thread about what I've learned from participating in a forum like this. It took me about 3 years and 10 months to reach this point and in that time I certainly have learned a lot from sharing and listening here. There have been at least 100 different member inspirations I have gleaned here and they have helped forge the being I am today. This I think is the best gift any of us can receive from something like this; words sent across space and time and wrapped with care so that each of us may reflect, learn , and grow as human beings.HappyinHeels

Congratulations! Im quite sure you have been an influence and inspiration to many of us. That would include those whom have inspired you too! Best wishes! -Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Absolutely a congrats from me, HappyinHeels on your 1000th post. May you author many more. Your stuff is great to read.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted, Steve63130, et al, Thanks goes to you all for being the fuel that keeps my quill sharp and filled with ink...even though that quill may now be a computer mouse! We opine about high heels but indeed write about so many other topics as well that we are limited only by the boundaries of our imagination. All the corners of the world converge here....on this 17" (42.5cm) computer screen. Now that's cool!!!! HappyinHeels

Hi HappyinHeels great achievment 1000 posts yes this forum with it's many participants has helped me to be a much happier human and to find this site when i was convinced i was the only guy in the world who had a thing for high heels & must be insane sure brought me relief in knowing i wasn't alone in the world any more cheers & happy heeling Malinheels :wavey:

Hey All, I am seeing something popping up in Wisconsin I haven't seen in a while.....bare ground!!! Large amounts of snow have finally melted back exposing the ground which makes me think of spring. Today I took one of our fleet vehicles for an oil change and spotted two women having a smoke behind some stores. I walked up to them and said how a friend of mine, Gary Page from Skyscraperheels in Chicago, sold heels and how I noticed these things and complimented them on their look and they just seemed to gush. I told them this was the best sign yet that spring was closing in.

I do hope that those who have not ever ventured out in heels will do so THIS year. I also hope that those who have never worn open-toed sandals will do so THIS year. Do things you haven't done before because one never knows how long one has on this Earth so enjoy every day as if it were your last and every year as if you may not see another. Life can be a hell of a ride if only you'll raise your arms and shout a little! I look forward to doing my part. HappyinHeels

Steve63130 et al, I was never actually a cheerleader but some background is necessary to help explain what makes me think the way I do. My mother gave birth a year before me to a stillborn child and again to a stillborn son three minutes before me so I was her first child to survive so treasuring life is quite literally part of my DNA. Three family members; my stepfather, my stepmother, and a younger sister all had bouts of cancer and survived. While in the Navy in 1981 a man had an epileptic seizure and hit me with his car throwing me over the car at 30 mph and I landed on my feet! I have seen reminders all along the way that I was guaranteed a spot on this Earth at this given time so I should do my utmost to enjoy it and encourage others to do the same. I coached soccer and junior footaball and took much from men such as Vince Lombardi, George Halas, Herb Brooks, and others. Coaching is about getting to know those that play for you and harnessing the best of each player so that he, or she, can make the team effort a success. Proper coaching, cheerleading if you will, can convince ordinary people that they are capable of achieving extraordinary things. One need only to look back to what happened to a ragtag group of college kids on 21 Feb 1980 in Lake Placid, NYin what many consider the greatest moment in sports history whenthe USA beat the Soviet Union in mens hockey.

HappyinHeels, It's very interesting to learn of your background, and it makes sense in explaining why you're so good at "cheerleading" or coaching, if you will. I have a lot of respect for your eloquent postings. You help in no small way to keep this forum alive and interesting. Steve