Any Recommendations For Skinny Jeans?

freestyle75

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2013 at 9:54 AM, wetwillie said:

post-3005-0-70962000-1362925362_thumb.jp These are women's Levi's 518's size 11 long they fit my 32inch waist and 36inch inseam. They're not too tight and perfect for my boots.

Those levis and boots look amazing, just the look I would love to achieve

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2013 at 8:44 AM, bluejay said:

I too like the Faded Glory, house brand at Walmart in skinny jeans I bought three pair in the last couple of months, white, fuscha and royal blue. They are very well made and are some what better that the DKNY skinny jeans I bought from Macy's that were 2 1/2 times the cost. I had the skinny jeans shortened to ankle length which is very popular with the ladies these days and I like that look very much. There is no way wearing ankle length skinny jeans that people are not going to see your heels. I like to wear my wedge heel slides and sandals with my skinny jeans. Yesterday I wore my white, ankle length skinny jeans, royal blue polo shirt and my royal blue Payless, "Portia" wedge heel sandals. I also carried a royal blue , Calvin Klein bag too. I got a few compliments on my ensemble, especially from the assist/mgr of the Payless store I was in, as she recognized the "Portia" sandals, I was wearing. She said she loved my color co-ordinated look. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Would love to see some snaps, @bluejay

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2013 at 8:37 PM, freeze333311 said:

The thing I like most about women's jeans is you never have to worry about the length if you're a tall guy. They are all made to accommodate heels.

That's such a good point!!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, Cali said:

They are called "Levi's Ex-Girlfriend Jean (via Google)

http://www.levistrauss.com/unzipped-blog/2014/01/deconstructing-ex-girlfriend/

BTW- There is no way I could get these pass my ankles....just saying

Well, would sure love to try these levis out, but the old bod just isn't up to the task...

Skinny jeans have gotten to be pretty ubiquitous for both men and women. Topshop and Cheap Monday both have spray on skinny jeans for men which are as tight as any women's pair. Levi's 501 skinny is pretty much unisex. Levi's 519 is ultra skinny. Of course there are loads of women's jeans. Their usual downside is small front pockets. However some of the latest higher rise jeans from Citizens of Humanity and Rag & Bone have front pockets similar in depth to that of men's jeans.

Check the blogs that cover jeans for more info.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, MackyHeels said:

AG jeans all the way. Very comfortable soft cotton not as stiff denim then other brands. 

Love "The Mila" style from AG. Citizens of Humanity are good as well.

• 1 month later...

I agree, AG Jeans are the my most recent favorite jeans. Recently bought "The Farrah" skinny in "10years grey" and they are by far my the best ones I have bought now. I also have "The Prima" by AG which are fabulous too. The Farrah is a high waisted stretch denim and super comfy, I also have the "The Farrah Black leather jeans" and astounding.  Many brands are super good, just finding one that fits your body is key. AG, Paige, True Religion and more, and they are fun to try on in store.

Don't forget Rag & bone jeans  in a step hem crop style now trending, great for showing off them heels. In the summer i wear Rag & bone denim short shorts distressed.  Enjoy matching my booties to there clothes only caveat is i wear men's shirt or sweater along with my entire branded outfit, maybe i'm a snob that way.  Funny some female jeans i own are from Rag & Bone called DRE in boyfriend style larger rear pockets which i often buy few sizes smaller for better snug fit.

Tried and true J-brand is default jean i own plenty of and styles, washes  which you can never go wrong with quality and fit with easy comfort without the AG or COH higher prices. As for lighter washes i go with different brand called FRAME jeans they tend to have nice niche for it. 

For well made jeans PAIGE is another but well worth it if you like a certain wash or fit.

Agree AG are my favourites also in Stilts, Prima or Leggings distressed and ankle. They really contour your shape well drives woman mad seeing me wear them. My all time favourite was 25 year wash so difficult to find but loved the wash so much had to have them.

http://www.agjeans.com/women/shop-by-fit

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/PAIGE/Women-s-Apparel/Jeans/shop/_/N-1z12t7iZ1a7Z1z12pvdZ1z12rdpZ1z12mw2Z52flov?Ne=399545537&Ne=399545537&Ne=399545537

Edited by MackyHeels

• 5 months later...

My 10 cents for what its worth....

style notes for wearing tapered/fitted jeans/pants/trousers with high heels:

Trouser/Pants Leg length:

definitely above ankle if tapered/fitted. If longer then it becomes really tricky as a pair of pants must be fitted to a specific heel height you wear in order to be balanced. Thats why trousers below the ankles are less popular in typical  womens wear - when you wear different heels with them they don't look right, kitten heels fail - tall heels fail.... hence the skirt is always popular. I think the rule is 1 inch above the ground when standing in your heels.

Shoe shape/style:

In my opinion a simple pump is the way to go - definitely pointed toe, heel could be block or stiletto doesn't matter, and height can go up quite high 4-5 inches is fine. Whatever suits for wearing where you are walking to and what you are doing. Boots are ok - but knee boots must be worn over your pants/jeans. Ankle boots worn under your pants. Avoid wedges because they are heavy looking and are out of balance with the skinny leg look.

Shoe Colours:

Shoe colour must harmonise with the outfit - eg nude is great with denim and most colours, silver works as a neutral - white is quite bold - perhaps should be treated more like a bright colour. Save the bright shoe colours/ feature shoe colours for skirts and dresses.

Socks/Hosiery:

Barefoot definitely with pants/trousers/jeans etc...