Any Recommendations For Skinny Jeans?

freestyle75

Hi everyone,

I thought I start another heel-related post before everyone just replies to the "same people posting" thread.

So far, I've often been wearing heels with boot-cut or slightly flared jeans, so most of the heel was hidden. Now I would like to go for the look that you often see with skinny jeans (random pic from the internet):

Posted Image

When you pay particular attention to the jeans - they are skinny, but they are not as tight as jeggings/leggings. They just have a tad of fabric leftover, so they don't cling to the leg too much.

I am searching for some skinny jeans that are tight, but don't look like the michelin man, forming creases all over:

Posted Image

... and - to make it even more complicated - I don't like skinny jeans who are "low rise" - I would like a standard rise or however it is called.

Do you have any recommendations that would fit well to heels?

Cheers,

Freestyle75

• Like 1

i usually buy girls skinny jeans.... but i do like the low rise on them... Have a pair of high rise which is alright (as it hold my beer gut in a little bit :) I like the jeans to be really skinny... and often have people commenting on how skinny my jeans are... with which my response is that "Are you suggesting I'm fat" or "Normal jeans, fat legs"

• Like 1

well, if LEVIS still makes 'em, there are the "girlfriend" style skinny jeans that are/were made for men like I have> :rocker:

well, if LEVIS still makes 'em, there are the "girlfriend" style skinny jeans that are/were made for men like I have> :rocker:

The Levis EX-GF is now defunct. I'm wearing a pair right now holes and all. They're my beater skinny jeans now.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I don't wear skinnies. Just male slim fit jeans. Still look great I think

post-19552-0-59270500-1363674015_thumb.jpost-19552-0-11856100-1363674054_thumb.j

I like the look of your slim fit jeans. That's what I would prefer to wear. Really shows off your heels which are looking great also!!

I have a pair of DKNY skinny jeans, that fit me well. I don't remember where I bought them from a couple years ago. Lately, I have been wearing "Hue" Jeans Style leggings (Jeggings), that look great and are fun to wear with both boots and heels. I have gotten several compliments, from women on my look. I have them in three colors, mid-night rinse (black), navy rinse (navy) and medium blue rinse (medium blue) Happy Heeling, bluejay

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies - most of the jeans are difficult to get here in Germany (American Eagle outfitters, target, jc penney). But I've found a store that sells NYDJ online, so I just ordered a pair of skinny jeans there. Curious how they fit ...

• Like 1

Know that to get a good fit for skinny jeans you do have to try them on.

• Like 1

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I like the look of your slim fit jeans. That's what I would prefer to wear. Really shows off your heels which are looking great also!!

Thanks! I enjoy them alot! The jeans are Hugo Boss Orange and the booties are Steve Madden with a 6 inch heel. Both very very comfortable.

• Like 2

Check my site: www.incredibleheels.com

well, I'm sorry to hear that the LEVIS "X-GF skinny jeans arnt made any more, but, I'd guess that they just did not sell all that well :mecry:

• 4 months later...

I've done well at Walmart and K-mart women's dept. either house brands or some time name brands on clearance. Recently got two pair of skinny jeans at walmart for under $5 each and I was there to get household stuff lol. One was faded glory their house brand, and the others were Levis. The FG were actually nicer than the levis. The stitching on the pocket wasn't too crazy. I have to say it looks curvier on me than the model in the link :)

Other brands I've had good luck with at kmart- slim fabulous, Attention, Sofie Vergara and Bongo (which are juniors so I go one size up). The thing I like most about women's jeans is you never have to worry about the length if you're a tall guy. They are all made to accommodate heels.

• Like 1

I too like the Faded Glory, house brand at Walmart in skinny jeans I bought three pair in the last couple of months, white, fuscha and royal blue. They are very well made and are some what better that the DKNY skinny jeans I bought from Macy's that were 2 1/2 times the cost. I had the skinny jeans shortened to ankle length which is very popular with the ladies these days and I like that look very much. There is no way wearing ankle length skinny jeans that people are not going to see your heels. I like to wear my wedge heel slides and sandals with my skinny jeans. Yesterday I wore my white, ankle length skinny jeans, royal blue polo shirt and my royal blue Payless, "Portia" wedge heel sandals. I also carried a royal blue , Calvin Klein bag too. I got a few compliments on my ensemble, especially from the assist/mgr of the Payless store I was in, as she recognized the "Portia" sandals, I was wearing. She said she loved my color co-ordinated look. Happy Heeling, bluejay

• Like 1

I am not sure what your retail options are in Germany, but in the US we have close out and discount stores like TJMaxx, Ross, Marshall's, etc. You can google them to see of there is a German equivalent. Anyway, what I like about these stores is that they often carry a wide variety of brands, even designer labels from time to time. You can gather several different brands and try them on to see which ones you like the best. Though the styles are usually from a previous season, the prices a fairly deeply discounted, especially on the sale racks. Another bit of advice about jeans in general and skinny jeans in particular that I read in a magazine a while back is to find jeans you like with as much spandex in the fabric as possible. The article suggested at least 4% but most of mine are around 2% and it works well for me. When wearing skinny jeans, I tend to go for pumps, booties, and tall boots (over the jeans, of course.) Sandals can work as well, if the ankle strap isn't too high. Of course, flats and loafers work too. Good luck!

• Like 2

Style is built from the ground up!

I like american eagle. Not very expensive. And very good fit. I have some skinny jeans, and a few of their artist jeans(skinny flare). I refuse to pay $140 for jeans iif I can get the same quality for $45.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I like american eagle. Not very expensive. And very good fit. I have some skinny jeans, and a few of their artist jeans(skinny flare). I refuse to pay $140 for jeans iif I can get the same quality for $45.

Quality and fit are two different issues. Owning many J-brand skinny's with super stretchy waistband easily fits me like a glove not to mention comfort. Trying cheaper brand denim causes a lot ill fitted materials that stretch out and never rebound from the original shape. 

All maybe mute if your wearing baggy jeans that are loose but when it comes to contour my body with denim which i like and fits me well. Don't count pennies buy a quality high end brand jean and notice the difference, i know i do.

Not all brand denim fabric deniers are the  the same. Measuring the ounce weight or thin materials doesn't stop quality. Own some pricey denim jeans with thin fabric and i can tell you they look a whole lot better then any discount denim jean brands you can buy. Not to mention wash styles that many expensive brands come out each year with great appearance. 

So if you use your jeans to mow the lawn sure buy some cheap Chinese denim for a lot less then AE or Old Navy sells for. Yet i keep buying designer jeans until i can't. 

Try out Frame denim, AG, J-brand, Citizens of Humanity, Paige, Rag & Bone, True Religion all should satisfy anyone out their. As for expensive jeans Balmain those others i mentioned are cheap considering high end fashion jeans.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2013 at 2:13 AM, Guest said:

I have heard of these, but never seen them, is there a particular number levis uses for this "girlfriend" style?

• Like 1