Rocking The Wedge High Tops?

Lvemadomina

So I was thinking of maybe buying a 2nd pair of heels. The pair I own now I'd probably never wear in public but looking at these http://www.riverisla...igh-tops-633284 made me a little more, I guess hopeful? Of doing so.

:text_help: But curious, does anyone own wedge high tops? They seem like they'd be comfy as I do own a pair of regular high tops. And like wearing them in public, what do you think? The heel maybe a little too high for now but do you think it would be something that could easily be unnoticed?

Unfortunately I'm not from the UK. I can't seem to find US retailers that have a wide selection of these. Then challenge #2 would be finding the right size...

About 1/4 of my collection (~12-15 pair) consists of high heel wedge 'booties', wedge hiking boots, and wedge sneakers that are similar to the ones you have pictured. Anyway, I can tell you, that they are all (except one pair I got rid of) very comfortable for long walks and are perfect for being stealthy. I wear heels just about every day, while many days I don't bother hiding my heels anymore, I still have plenty of days when I just feel like keeping a lower profile. Such as times when I go out with the wife and kids, or on casual walks, etc, and I don't want to even think about what are on my feet, and shoes like these are perfect for that. My kids are already used to me going out with these types of heels and don't even flinch about it. In fact, I just got the heels pictured below last week and I already love them (I know these are a bit more like boots, but I do have some sneakers buried at home somewhere that are very close to those in your picture, and those are cool too) :)

post-2375-0-61964900-1363035601_thumb.jp

About 1/4 of my collection (~12-15 pair) consists of high heel wedge 'booties', wedge hiking boots, and wedge sneakers that are similar to the ones you have pictured.

Does that mean you have over 40 pairs of heels!? That's incredible! I'm sure anything is more comfortable than my Domina 420's haha. Anyways those boots are still very nice. What height are they?

Ya, actually I have roughly around 65-70 pairs total. I have not counted recently and I try to keep that number from growing much beyond that because it just feels like it gets out of hand. So for every few pairs I purchase, I let the wife donate a few older pairs for me. I try to not completely overtake the entire closet with my collection and also am a bit embarassed to have a collection that is about double my wife's collection :) oh, and the boots above are about a 4" heel.

I think Rockpup was one of the first people to post about wedge hi-ttops on here. He bought a pair and posted pics.. then I had to go get a pair for myself! They blend in well and if worn with jeans.. nobody will even really notice. -Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hi Lvemadomina I do have "high top wedges" 2 pairs. Last week I received my second pair, "Ash Bowie" 's which I have been wearing for the last 2 days out shopping. They fit nicely and sport a modest 3" heel which is concealed by black leather wrap same as rest of shoe. They work well for heeling no can notice them by looking nor hearing since sole is rubber. Good traction as well. My first pair were a Sketchers and not as refined as the newer styles. The ones I just received I purchased through Nordstrom's, look under sneakers and select wedge, geez the selection has many new pairs, will have to look again! http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-wedge-sneakers?origin=leftnav Check em out!

Yea, I tried two pairs from Steve Madden and two pairs from Nike. The footbed of the nike's are padded just like regular sneakers and I've worn them all over the place. The Maddens's have a harder footbed and I've not worn them as much since they are less comfortable then the nikes. Both can blend quite easy with jeans.

Maddens

Posted Image

Nike's, Also have plain black in these

Posted Image

Both are about a 2.5" internal heel. The other pair of Maddens is close to a 4" heel, and as far as 4" heels go they are fine, but I'd not go jogging in them ;)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Unfortunately I'm not from the UK. I can't seem to find US retailers that have a wide selection of these. Then challenge #2 would be finding the right size...

I apparently skipped over the part of your first post where you sort of hinted about looking for suggestions on where to find them in the US... I see someone replied with a good Nordstrom's link, there are also some decent lower cost choices here: 6pm, amazon, and zappos. You can sometimes get lucky on ebay too if you look hard enough :) Not sure about the sizes on any of these sites going much above 10 for many of these styles however, I am fortunate to wear size 10.

I purchased a pair from www.barefoottess.com and I love them. Im on a phone, so I cant post pics, however, If you check the site, you cant miss them. They are a bit pricey, but worth it for a size 13/14. Payless.com carries a brown pair for $50 up to size 12. Hope this helps!

The ones I just received I purchased through Nordstrom's, look under sneakers and select wedge, geez the selection has many

new pairs, will have to look again!

They've got an awesome selection! I love Nordstrom I just don't if I can spend $150 on some of them, although they are SO nice. I do like the Steve Madden 'Hilte-C' http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/steve-madden-hilite-c-wedge-sneaker/3448669?origin=category. They kind of remind of Supras. My Pleaser Domina's are size 12 so I could probably fit comfortably into an 11. I think I'd have to try them on in store to see :boo:

I've been in these for the last two days working in a Christian school. Not a second look, people don't see what's right in front of their eyes. They are comfortable and easy to walk in, soft and quiet. I only wish they were a bit wider, my feet do get a bit sore after a long day.

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=&subCatId=&skuId=128474060&productId=72596&lotId=128474&category=&catdisplayName=Women

Posted Image

I've been in these for the last two days working in a Christian school. Not a second look, people don't see what's right in front of their eyes. They are comfortable and easy to walk in, soft and quiet. I only wish they were a bit wider, my feet do get a bit sore after a long day.

http://www.payless.c...splayName=Women

Posted Image

12's out of stock :(

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

12's out of stock :(

There was a review saying they run large, so an 11 might fit.

*I would really love to go with these $150 Steve Madden's that look like the Isabel Marant's. But they're only size 10 max :mecry: Any other Marant look-a-likes out there that aren't her $600 price tag lol?

Posted Image

I've recently brought a pair of Puma MY-66 hidden wedge trainers (in black) that I've been wearing quite a bit. I've posted more about my purchase in another thread.

Generally I feel that hidden wedge trainers are more stealthy/manly when the heel doesn't narrow as it goes down to the ground (see 1st attached pic) - i.e. the footprint is still as wide as your foot at the heel (3rd attached pic).

post-548-0-77436000-1363446195_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-78687000-1363446461_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-96101500-1363446536_thumb.jpg

Would you say Steve Madden's run small or large? I'm devastated that his Hilight shoe only goes to size10...

Pretty true to size. Enough room for socks, but could sneak half a size with really thin socks.

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 3 weeks later...

i have a pain of buffalos wedge sneakers in black and i am wearing them wboth with boot cut jeans as well as skinniers pairs with the jeans rolled up and going in to the sneaker...they are comfy and if styled well the result is a sleek cool look.from what i have seen so far, the stares (rare) were more on the curious side (from girls, guys seem not to notice at all..)i think i made a good buy and i am thinking of getting a pair of mike or puma wedge sneakers

I've recently brought a pair of Puma MY-66 hidden wedge trainers (in black) that I've been wearing quite a bit. I've posted more about my purchase in another thread.

Generally I feel that hidden wedge trainers are more stealthy/manly when the heel doesn't narrow as it goes down to the ground (see 1st attached pic) - i.e. the footprint is still as wide as your foot at the heel (3rd attached pic).

Those are pretty cool, but a shame they seem to be getting rid of them (selling them out) as choices are greatly diminished right now... Most of the remaining color options they offer are only in very small sizes. I would love to have the black/white color combination you pictured, but currently the only color they have in size 7 or larger are a black/pink pair, which are NOT as cool looking as yours.

I would love to have the black/white color combination you pictured, but currently the only color they have in size 7 or larger are a black/pink pair, which are NOT as cool looking as yours.

Thank you for the complement HH Boots.

I had to google pretty hard to find the back/white in stock, and checking my bookmarks most of the few I found in stock have now sold out. However Madison still have a pair of 9.5 in stock:

http://www.madisonstyle.com/my-66/45914?utm_source=GoogleShoppingUK&utm_medium=cpc

Also the new dark blue/white look almost as good as the black/white, should work well with jeans and are easier to find than the black/white.