Pantyhose

stilletoboot

I love wearing pantyhose with my boots whether heels, or flats it enhances the feeling of the boot,for me can anyone else identify with this,doe's any body wear pantyhose any more, I would like to hear from you.

stilletoboot, Yes! There are still many of us who wear pantyhose. I wear kneehighs daily and sometimes thigh highs if I'm dressing for certain events. Wearing kneehighs certainly makes trying on all sorts of heels much easier. HappyinHeels

I did once on the road, but that was for practical purposes. It was damned cold on the cycle, and it was the fastest way to add some warmth to the legs under the jeans. Ended up stopping at a huge cycle shop for a pair of leathers too. Trouser socks are good for heels and jeans, and shoe shopping. Thigh highs don't always work well under jeans.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm another one that loves to wear hosiery, with my heels. I wear pantyhose, thigh-hi's, knee-hi's and trouser socks too. I just like the feeling of hosiery on my legs. Happy Heeling, bluejay

I very much enjoy the feeling of hosiry as well - pantyhose, thigh highs or gartered stockings. Hey, does that make us "hosers"??? lol. Wow, I guess that humor is getting pretty old by now. SCTV stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes me like many here do wear hosiery of all kinds and brands. knee highs to pantyhose. Just works better for boots and shoes plus feels way better as well. Spanx, Wolford, Peevy, Comfilon which is Steve's line, Oroblu from Italy are some I do wear. So many to choose and so many experience. For P hose, I am a lg in most but med in other brands, size charts are helpful. I also have more than my GF, she rarely wears any, except for formal events. Cheers,

mtnsofheels, The line of legwear (tights, pantyhose, stockings and knee high hosiery) for men formerly known as Comfilon, is now called Activskin. Comfilon is now the brand name for the company's line of loungewear. Yes, it was confusing, but it's ok now. Anyway, for guys who want a higher quality hosiery, made to fit men's dimensions and anatomy, including some styles with a fly opening for convenience, visit www.activskin.com. Check out the styles on sale, too! Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I love wearing pantyhose as well as thigh highs and tights. In the winter I wear drpending on how cold it is usually a pair of ph first then adding tights and when really cold warm leggings. When I wear all 3 my leg movement is harder but I love the feeling and tightness. Even more so I love it when I see girls in ph and them not knowing I too am wearing them. My wife loves me wraring them and at home I always walk around wearing only pantyhose (love dark brown the best or pink tights) with my 6 inch stiletto heels. Keep them on while sleeping too often. I have been wearing ph since I wa 19 but secretly put my sisters or moms on since I was 9.

Yes when I can or when the shoe requires it. But its very hard to find the hose I like. I like the leggs active support control top. They are in the red box/egg. I like to wear shoes bare foot when I can. To me that enhanses the feeling of The shoe. Problem is I don't like it when my feet sweat and slide. The shoes I wanted to wear today required some sort of hose, but being so hot Today, that was no an option

• 4 weeks later...

Just realized that this topic is more appropriate in the general fashion forum, so here it lies.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 6 months later...

Always liked wearing tights.  Bought my first pair about 5 years.  These were multipack from B.H.S in Black and tan. About 30 pairs.  Job lot from Ebay and were cheap.  Dont last very long.  Also bought  some 40d from M&S which last much longer.    I also bought 2 pairs of LegTonner tights from M&S and those do look good on my legs and are lasting. I have also 3 pairs of Aristoc Cotton fresh tights that I am also pleased with.

Have been known to wear hold ups, but they don,t stay up for long and stockings and fish nets 

I,m going to try different colours  and pattern tights next.

Hi,

I too like pantyhose but I like all hosiery.

I find that my shoes are looser with hosiery, in some of my really high heels I find I slip more as I slide down the hill into the toes.

Sling backs are the biggest nuisance with hosiery, a perfect pair of slings can become a right nuisance and I constantly walk out of the shoes with hosiery on....

My only general hosiery no no's are hosiery that is darker than the shoes and any hosiery being worn with peep-toes is not a good look. Peep toes demand a pedicure.

I mainly go bare legged now because its summer but I still wear hosiery for colour/fashion.

I like holdups mainly for practicality (I never have issues with slippage), suspending is the comfiest option but I find less variety of hosiery are pure stockings so I don't suspend much anymore.

This winter I enjoyed wearing the bold geometric patterns & floral motifs on my legs.

I wore sheer black pantyhose this spring with short shorts which was on trend.

Ironically I don't like pantyhose in warmer months, however I would prefer the discretionary protection they would afford me with a mini.

But if choosing between being too hot or having the occasional skirt malfunction, I'd choose a malfunction as it is only very brief, and old news within a few seconds

Regards

Heel-Lover

I like thicker hosiery, like tights. And I really like patterned tights with floral and lace designs. Full opaque is my favorite. In winter, I like them with boots so I can wear warm socks over the hose, and you won't see the socks with the tall boots on. Boots are important brcause my ankles are so skinny. Think of ally mcbeal. Sucks to bs so skinny. Erica.

Being a Biker, I wear Tights/Pantyhose pretty much every day, they do add an extra layer of warmth which is surprising as they are so thin really...

Courtney x

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

Well, as a rule, I rarely, if ever wear pantyhose during the summer months because it gets so darn hot where I live, and besides, I like sporting the barelegged look, especially with short skirts. Now that winter is here, I live for tights which I wear on all my outings, not just for style, but basic warmth.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Depends on the boots and the temp. I have hose on now because the boots are hard to get on and they are snug, which I like. Some of my other boots hose are too thin and I wear very thin socks. Other boots I wear thicker socks. I have a pair that I wear one thin sock on the left and two thin socks on the right. Makes the boots fit the same. I hate to stretch out my boots so I start with thin socks/ hose then move up if needed. I have bad OCD on how my shoes fit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I quite like the current edgy trend where you wear hold ups (or a tight that looks as though it is a stocking), then some bare upper thigh is exposed above your hold up but below your skirt hemline, or your short shorts leg line.

When you tilt your hips (eg weight shift on to one leg when standing, or when walking) a bit more bare thigh is exposed, and when standing straight you usually reveal an inch or two of bare leg only.

it looks awesome, and feels very empowering to wear.

Heel-Lover

• 2 weeks later...

wearing nylons with boots depends entirely what the boot is lined with.

if it is a soft material such as cloth or soft suede I will even go barefoot but if it is hard feeling material I will wear nylons.

personally I like to go barefoot as much as possible regardless what I wear.  in the summer I wear mainly sandals or canvas shoes

with no nylons or socks.

one advantage with nylons is that they stop your feet clinging to the inside of the shoe or sandal which can cause blisters.

• 2 months later...

Stockings.  If a women was wearing  stockings with a dress. Should the dress go low enough to hide the stocking tops and the suspenders? What is acceptable for a night out?

Wouldn't that depend if the "night out" is to a Rocky Horror Show or a fine restaurant?

If you like it, wear it.