Seen With My Own Eyes For The First Time

radiodave

Stopped by the Aldo store to browse around. A young guy who helped me before when I was looking at some boots was there, and he recognized me. I don't think this was the case last time, because I'm sure I would have noticed, but when he came from behind the counter, he was wearing a pair of white patent peep toe pumps with stiletto heels. I didn't stare too much, but I can now say I have seen a guy outside of a heel meet wearing stiletto heels as a guy. He was even wearing them where he worked and the couple of other customers there didn't seem to pay them much attention. Too bad it was near closing time I might have engaged him a little, mentioned hhplace, and asked if he would mind if I took a picture of them to share here. Yes, I'm sure some folks may be thinking "Pictures or it didn't happen", but I assure you it was for real. :-)

Wow, I think guys in high heels is really starting to catch on!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I often see men working in clothing stores. DSW being one locally. Ive wondered ' why not advertise what they sell ' by wearing the items? Makes sense.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Very interesting meeting. radiodave. At the Kay's Jewelery store, I frequently shop at there is a male clerk, that works there, that does not wear heels in the store, because the store manager (woman) says, that company policy would not allow male employees to wear heels. I have seen him wearing flats with hosiery on. I know that he wears heels out, but I have never seem him out in heels. He also wears polish on his little pinkies (like I do) and wears lots of jewelery too. He has seen me in heels in the store and we have talked briefly about wearing heels on a couple of occasions in the store. I have talked to him about HHP, but I don't know if he is a member yet. I haven't seen him since last fall, so hopefully I may see him in the near future. I see male clerks at DSW all the time. It would be great if they would be able to wear heels, to show them off. What a great boost to male heeling that would present! Keep on the look-out. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Very interesting meeting. radiodave.

At the Kay's Jewelery store, I frequently shop at there is a male clerk, that works there, that does not wear heels in the store, because the store manager (woman) says, that company policy would not allow male employees to wear heels.

If female employees are allowed to wear heels and men are not, it is a clear case of discrimination. Last time I knew discrimination based on gender was illegal.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Right on Shafted. I found the same to be true when I lived in Chicago and was working for a HUGE company. It was about shorts and pantyhose for me. The rule book said, "Hosiery must be worn with shorts" in the female section. Men had to wear long pants. So I called HR and asked if guys could wear shorts and hosiery. After they picked themselves up off the floor they said sure, go for it.

Mike

I often see men working in clothing stores. DSW being one locally. Ive wondered ' why not advertise what they sell ' by wearing the items? Makes sense.

Sounds perfectly logical to me.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

If female employees are allowed to wear heels and men are not, it is a clear case of discrimination. Last time I knew discrimination based on gender was illegal.

One thing is theory (or law) and an other thing is real life.

If you try to make your boss miserable, the boss may have something in store for you too. Specially in a time

that jobs are harder to get than employees.

At all times, try to think things through to the end before you antagonize people.

(not trying to antagonize anybody with this post....)

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Yes, but you could wind up costing them a lot of money in the process.

One thing is theory (or law) and an other thing is real life.

If you try to make your boss miserable, the boss may have something in store for you too. Specially in a time

that jobs are harder to get than employees.

At all times, try to think things through to the end before you antagonize people.

(not trying to antagonize anybody with this post....)

Y.

Exactly, learn what battles are wrth fighting.

Some states are "right to work" states. You can be let go without reason. Mess with the boss, push some issue, (high heels in this instance), and you might be out of a job without any reason given, and no reason needed. "Sorry, we just don't need your services any longer", and nothing you can do about it.

When I first wore heels (block heels)in my last job my team leader (female) told me not to wear stilettos. I thought if the ladies could wear them I should be able to wear them to (equality). I decided not to push the issue as I only wear stiletto heels in public occassionally.

Steve,

Are you inferring that you, from time to time, game for wearing stiletto heels?? Here I thought you were a low-heel stealthy guy. :)

HappyinHeels

Happy, I didn't say I would wear stilettos. I was meaning that I would like to go shoe shopping with RadioDave again, to that Aldo store. It would be interesting to see that shoe salesman in heels, and it's always great to see Dave in his stilettos. I've nothing against stilettos, and they look great on tall slim guys like Dave who rock them well. They're just not for me, that's all. Maybe someday, though. I'm leaving that door open. I never thought I'd wear sandals and a year ago I started doing that and love it. Like a lot of people here, my adventures in heeling are a work in progress.

Steve

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Posted Imagebluejay, on 06 March 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Very interesting meeting. radiodave.

At the Kay's Jewelery store, I frequently shop at there is a male clerk, that works there, that does not wear heels in the store, because the store manager (woman) says, that company policy would not allow male employees to wear heels.

Though this may be a delicious notion, unfortunately current U.S. case law doesn't support it. Employers are generally free to impose dress codes, even if those dress codes apply differently to men and women, without running afoul of Title VII (which is part of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964). Employers have even more leeway if uniforms are involved. Most of the case law involves, as you can imagine, women being required to wear clothing and/or footwear to work that they don't want to wear. Most often, petitioners/plaintiffs lose in court, unless the employer has screwed up royally. I believe that change will come about socially, rather than legally.

Son of a gun, I browse the Zappos site a lot, and often see ads popping up on other pages taking me to Zappos site. I was looking at these, the first review made me do a double take. Y'all might want to read it!

http://www.zappos.com/nine-west-maximus-black-leather?channel=135&mr:referralID=190b420d-8cd7-11e2-9dea-001b2166becc

Good find radiodave. If you keep looking on sites such as Nine West, ShoeBuy.com, On-Line Shoes, Easy Spirit and Naturalizer you will see many of my reviews on heels and boots I have purchased. On the Nine West site you will see a review and a picture of me, wearing and reviewing, Nine West "Escapegoat Boot". Anyone on HHP ever post a pic of themselves wearing the heels they were reviewing, like I did?????? Happy Heeling, bluejay