Stepping Out, Stretching Out

Logjam

Hi All, a progress report, sort of... Last fall I told how I found HHplace while researching shoes for "Walk a Mile" which did not happen here, how I got interested, and how I very cautiously got my first pair of heels. Since then, my interest has grown, and I've added a few pairs to my inventory. When you have big feet to begin with, Payless is your friend! But, I had confined wearing to inside my home, until... Recently the weather has been warming just a little. So, I decided to push myself, and "take a hike" in heels - after dark, of course. I pulled out my Payless Lunar (I think) wedges as they seemed the best bet for a first long excursion. We live on the outskirts of town, so, under cover of darkness, off I went through our neighborhood and one under development close by. And - my feet did not hurt. I was not struck by lightning. The sky did not fall. THe black helicopters did not come. All that happened was that I DID it! Oh yeah - and about "walk a mile" - I had been wondering if I really could "walk a mile in 'her' shoes". So, after my walk, I drove the route in my car to check the distance - 1 and 1/2 miles! Regards, Logjam

Yes, you did it and nothing happened!! Hope you will continue the quest in heeling. Check out my post Heeling and Flying in the everybodys section. I made a trip wearing red Brash pumps through 2 airports with positive comments. It was the first time for me wearing something this bold and with so many folks getting a good view. Nothing bad happened and now my confidence level is right at the top. I had several members here give me support and I am so glad I did it. What a rush and fun trip. Noe heeling in town is no big threat and just plain fun!

Just get out there and do it as the other members have said the worry is only in our own heads! It;s so true! Have fun!

Jim

Good progress, Logjam! Glad you're getting out and about. Pretty soon you'll be out in broad daylight and wondering why nobody notices. It happens. People aren't observant. We're focused on shoes so we think we're so obvious, but most people don't notice or if they do, they're almost certain not to care. It gets easier every time. Continue to get out there and inspire us! Good luck! Steve

Hey! Logjam, Your new experience is up-lifting and brings back memories of my heeling in the shadows of darkness while going around my neighborhood or among the vegetation that separated this neighborhood from the rest of the town. Back then, I thought I was the only boy in the world that wore heels or even had the desire. The happiness I have come to know since I became aware of other heeling guys out here is so self-assuring that I am a real person and not some other alien world transplant. However, this knowledge hasn't taken away the fearing attitude I grew up with in trying to live a double sided life of a guy who wears heels. It has become easier to heel in public the more I just walk out the front door with my stiletto pumps on. I wish you the joys of heeling as you find your fears have no real merit, but for the concoction of unjustified attitudes in your mind from the social input you have received, so far. Hopefully, you will find some friends close by to share your heeling experiences with also.

Hey! Logjam,

Your new experience is up-lifting and brings back memories of my heeling in the shadows of darkness while going around my neighborhood or among the vegetation that separated this neighborhood from the rest of the town. Back then, I thought I was the only boy in the world that wore heels or even had the desire. The happiness I have come to know since I became aware of other heeling guys out here is so self-assuring that I am a real person and not some other alien world transplant. However, this knowledge hasn't taken away the fearing attitude I grew up with in trying to live a double sided life of a guy who wears heels. It has become easier to heel in public the more I just walk out the front door with my stiletto pumps on. I wish you the joys of heeling as you find your fears have no real merit, but for the concoction of unjustified attitudes in your mind from the social input you have received, so far. Hopefully, you will find some friends close by to share your heeling experiences with also.

So true! These were my feelings exactly! Don't miss out on the happiness so get started early.

Jim

Those Brash pumps are THE most comfortsble pumps I have ever worn. When I was shopping for my Halloween Costume, the sales girl had me try the Luna as well as a couple others besides the Kosmic I came to purchase. The Brash had the best fit and feel - stilleto of wedge.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.