High Heel Achievements

Fred

I think that my wearing them to work instead of flats is my biggest step thus far. I use my 3" block-heeled boots a lot nowadays and they get more wear than any of my other pairs since they're at that 'just-right' height for me (at least for now), and I can go more than a little ways in them. The next hurdle is to get used to 4" boots - then I'll be happy....at least for a little while.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I'm just happy I spend 95% of my life on shoes I like. I liberated myself from the boring universal masculine styles and have neither qualms nor difficulty doing anything on stylish heels, platforms and wedges. I don't consider this a true achievement but it makes my life so much more enjoyable, especially eliminating all the pains I had under my lower arches and improving my posture and elegant walk.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I have this pair of fetish 8" heels / 3" platforms that God only knows why I bought them. Anyway, I put them on the other day and walked all around upstairs, then walked downstairs and eventually came back up. All of this without breaking my darned neck! Back in the closet they go for another 2 years....... Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Achievements, what? I suppose if you call it an achievement, wearing 4½" and above HH every day for heaps of years. Mainly 5" anyhow. Truth is, it's just not me to be without my heels. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Helping to bring together a great bunch of people both on the net and in real life. Thanks everyone for all your contributions :smile: _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-09 11:05 ]</font>

Well, I went for it at a shopping centre near a place I was working away. I put my favourite 4" vanes on, left my hotel room, drove there, spent two hours walking around, then came back. I spent about four hours in my heels, all told, and had a top time. Mind you, I was quite glad to take them off, and I've gained huge respect for anyone who could wear them all day :smile: . More practice needed for me, I think!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

for me it would be just buying my first pair of heels...my knee high boots off of ebay, since im only 16, and my parents dont know about them...it took me quite a while to carefully figure out a way to buy them off ebay without getting "caught"...it all worked perfectly....this morning my mom said "youve been acting wierd, is there something you want to tell me"...so i think she knows....if i tell her, that will also be a huge accomplishment..ill let you know if i do (when i went to vancouver, i cleaned out my closet...and left my boots in the very centre of my closet with my other shoes...100% visible, so i know she knows about them at least)

Terayon, the thought occurs, if your boots were left in the open, and they are still there, then either A) she did not look, or :smile: she saw and did not throw them away. The result is, trust and understanding on some level. Hey, did not the members of Kiss wear big heeled platform boots? When did your Mum grow up, and maybe you can use that as a point of connection, get her talking about what she remembers from fashion. You may make a connection. If she were a 70s girl, she may remember men in heels and funky boots, and this will make it easier for her to relate to your position. A little research is a "weapon" that can win your "battle". please excuse the violent metaphor, I did not wish to use it but it seemed to fit.

thanks my dad owns a concert promotion / tour and travel company that specializes in concert travel....and has run it for over 25 years...so my mom is really aware of the crazy fashion rock stars have worn in the past....i think that may explain her open mindedness...though she doesnt go to concerts anymore...im told she really loved rock back in her day...i will use some examples like that when we talk about it (im hoping tonight!)

Hi some experiences I had on saturday night: some of my friends and I went to our favourite bar in downtown Helsinki yesterday evening for a beer or two. Despite the fact that it's quite a decent place and most people frequenting it have a higher education, the evening usually ends up in dancing on the tables, which was also the case yesterday. I had put on my black knee high Bronx boots, which have a 8.5cm (3 1/2") heel, and when the evening was proceeding and the booze took some reservations away from some people, I noticed some people pointing at my boots and saying something to eachother about it. The place isn't too brightly lit at that moment of the night, but if you're standing on a table it's hard to miss them of course. Nobody asked me any questions about it, but at a certain point one 35-40 year old lady had been staring at them for a while and had said something to her friends about it, but then she came to the table and felt my leg, probably because she wanted to know if they were knee-high :smile: Then she went away and came back after a while and tried it again. I pulled her onto the table, only to figure out she only spoke Finnish and mine isn't that great. Probably that prevented her from asking what in the world the point of wearing heels could be. Tipsy ladies can be something entertaining at times B) Also my friend pretended he didn't see them and his friend (which I had never met before) defenitely saw them but didn't ask anything. When the place closed down and we were having some junk food to neutralize the beer, my friend (who is still a bachelor) said that he would be much more successful with the ladies if he were just 10 cm taller. I have to give him some hints on how that can be accomplished at some point B) br Bert

What's all the fuss about?

:smile: When you do give your friend some hints, why don't you bring him a pair of boots? Maybe start him off with a 2" heel? <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoverfly on 2002-03-17 21:39 ]</font>

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Bert, just be honest and say "these boots will make you taller and they can be very comfortable" and then tell your friend how he can wear them without people noticing as much. The only drawback is what happens once your friend is more successful with the ladies, maybe takes one home after a few dates, and then she sees that he is shorter. She may not be happy about the deception. Maybe just lead by example and let others fall into line as they are enlightened?

It has to be the day when I tried high heels for the first time. I went straight from flats to 4 inch heels and I wore that for only an hour and it nearly killed me. However that did not deter me and now I can wear heels for a day if I want. :smile:

Cheers,

Nata

I think my newest archivement is I reached my shoe heigth of 4 1/2 inch heels provided its 1 inch block heels. I think I will try making it to stilettos heels on 4 1/2 inch heels on a 1 day in a week basis. (AiyAh, need to buy a new shoe agaiN !:smile: ) Still can't tackle those drains with iron grill coverage. B)