White Stilettos

Heelyboy

I just read a blog post on white stilettos becoming fashionable again.

http://www.onlystiletto.com/2013/02/white-stilettos-comeback.html

They have always held a special place in my heart as the late 80’s was when I accepted that wearing heels was an important and undeniable part of my life. The whole power dressing thing that was later considered naff, was for me the turning point. The sight of gorgeous women strutting around in heels every time you turned on the TV or read a magazine did it for me. I am now the proud owner and wearer of many pairs of stilettos but never did manage to get a white pair. My next purchases are definitely going to be white pumps and sandals, might even get a hand bag to dance around.

I believe that fashion is what suits the individual regardless of what the current fashion is. BTW: Please use a bigger font.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Oh, I have always loved white 4-inch plus pumps. I still have a pair that I bought in 1993. They are back in style and I cant wait for late spring to put them on and rock them at the coffee house on the way to work.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I believe that fashion is what suits the individual regardless of what the current fashion is. BTW: Please use a bigger font.

thank you Shafted! That is what fashion is all about. Its about bringing something unique and refreshing. Following the trends all the time gets tiresome. Especially with mens clothes. Can't call it mens fashion. Its nowhere near fashion!

Ash.

I don't have white stilettos, but have 70s white platform loafers that I hate. Size 7.5m. Ill give them away, if anyone wants them. Pm me.

Ashley.

I

Firstly apologies for the small font. As far as your take on "fashion" I'm afraid I must disagree. Fashion by definition is the prevailing style. Men wearing heels may occasionally be considered fashionable but generally has nothing to do with current trends in female footwear. I have no problem with what others think of my preferences. In my opinion individuality is contrary to fashion but am glad that the fashion world has once again embraced a style that I loved. I am now able to easily buy heels to compliment my collection which were for so many years very hard to come by and by doing so express my individuality which I am sure would be regarded by many as ridicules and offensive and certainly by no stretch of the imagination fashionable. Fabulous and uplifting, yes.

I

Fashion by definition is the prevailing style.

Trends are the prevailing style, not fashion.

If you don't start using a font everyone can read, it won't bode well for you.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shuzzam! Another crisis averted! Now, even I can read it!

Fashion is what you see. It may be old, classic, comtemporary, surrealistic, modern, In-style, Hot, Freestyle, Androgonistic, monochromatic, artful, status regulated, and etc., or just a plain mess. It has become big business to tell others what they have to like, buy, and have or wear to be hip or included in the main stream of the elite ones. The only thing that I like fashion for is that it changes and I hate it for the same reason at times when it takes away the availability of that which I find worth my attention and/or investment.

As for white stiletto pumps, they have never been out of fashion to my way of thinking for they have always been attractive. As was pointed out though, you have to take extra care to keep them looking neat and clean. Patent leather takes the least amount of maintenance for its wearability.

Myfirst pair of high heel pumps in 1970 were white. I always liked the look of white on the girls. I never really did understand why white fell out of favor. It had a history of THE color for Easter dress shoes. White was a main color choice for my female peers to choose when it came time for their first heels back in the mid 1960's. I was forever hooked. Glad to see it back. I hope it catches back on.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I love white stilettos. I desperately want, but am unable to find, a pair of white leather calf-length stiletto boots. I used to see them a lot in the 80s, but sadly I seem to be the only one wanting them back. I do have a nice pair of white stiletto courts from Office though. :)

I've owned a few pairs of white stilettos in the past - in fact, the first time I ever "exposed" myself to a friend was in white 4" pointy stilettos. She was great but immediately assumed I was gay and persisted with it to the point I got pissed off and have hardly seen her since! Anyway, back on topic, I love the look but it's not one I like to rock.