First Purchase

chrisinkilts

I'm thinking a pair of low wedges would be a good first pair. I went to look at these at Payless and the clerk kept pushing me back to the men's shoes. They have them in at another Payless that is closer. I'm going to try at lunch and snag them. They have a 2 inch heel. They are

Women's Etta Wedge

Thoughts anyone?

Posted Image

Those are nice looking shoes. I have found that most Payless stores are a great place to shop. When I go to Payless and the clerk greets me, I tell them that I am shopping for women's shoes. The clerks have most always been very helpful and understanding. I was at two local Payless stores last week looking for sandals, the clerk was extremely helpful, even to the point of suggesting styles and telling me which sandals looked "cute" (the clerk was female - ha ha). I left with a pair of flat sandals - go figure - my first purchase of flats in a LONG time. Try another Payless, see if your experience is any different. And have fun, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I just got them! The first store had them on hold and unavailable. I dashed across town and picked them up at another Payless. Clerk was great, checked to make sure it was a complete set, both shoes same size, and with right and left, no comments, just check out, with another customer right there, about to ceck out. Put them on in the car and drove back to the office. The office is like family, all rednecks, probably not a good idea to wear. I do want to practice though, just as soon as I can. It was easier than I thought.

Okay. I wore them for short periods of time, not a lot of walking. My heels were popping and my toes were scrunched, and the vertical height of the toe box is problem I think. I will persevere and see if comfort improves as they are broken in. Do I need a shoe stretcher? I have large toes. I tried the shoes on in the store, 11's were too tight and the 13's were too big, the 12's were just right. I just had them on again and the toe box is squeezing down on the end of my toenails. Some stretching maybe in order to make a little more room. My toenails are pretty short, but I do have big toes. Here's the new shoes paired with a pair of jeggings I picked up at Target. I wear non-medical support hose for tired legs, so I slipped on some suntan Sheer Energy.

Get yourself a two way shoe stretcher, I wear a UK size 9 but find that my right foot is slightly bigger, I use the stretcher to ease out the width and take the pressure off my toes. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wearing these 2 inch heels today, and they feel pretty good. Took a half day for my sick kiddos and I've been walking an standing and they feel good. They did hurt my feet when I had them on a few weeks ago, but it seems that wearing the 1 1/2 heels in helped condition my feet, they don't feel so high either.