Purging And Heeling

SleekHeels

Purging and Heeling  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following best describes you?

• I only wear heels in private and I purge.
    • I only wear heels in private and I don't purge.
    • I wear heels in public and I don't purge.
    • I wear heels in public and I purge.

Following from the topic http://www.hhplace.o...iving-up-heels/ I was wondering if there's a connection between purging and private/public heeling.

Personally I used to purge when heels were a private thing, but since I started wearing my heels in public the "urge to purge" has gone away.

If you like it, wear it.

Sleekheels, great minds run in the same gutter! I was wondering that myself. This might be an interesting test if we get enough data. I have confidence to wear heels in public (not stilettos, but thicker types of heels, up to 4 inches high), and I never purge, feel guilty or ashamed, or want to stop heeling. And my wife is supportive, too, which helps tremendously. Steve

Sleekheels, great minds run in the same gutter!

I was wondering that myself. This might be an interesting test if we get enough data. I have confidence to wear heels in public (not stilettos, but thicker types of heels, up to 4 inches high), and I never purge, feel guilty or ashamed, or want to stop heeling. And my wife is supportive, too, which helps tremendously.

Steve

that's great that your wife approves. There's no point in causing conflict if your spouse doesn't like it. I wore a ton of heels when I was married and we had the same size shoes. We split for other reasons. I like the block heels like you, but find it more comfortable to walk in the skinnier heels. I've never purged, but I've gotten rid of shoes I've gotten tired of, not my fluevog heels!

Ash.

Good thinking Sleekheels - it'll be interesting to see the results of this. Now, I'm not going to vote just yet. Seeing as I've just made the realisation that purging has happened so much and that I'm trying to stop it and I'm working on gaining the confidence to step outside in my shoes, I'm not going to vote just yet. I want to see if I can make a difference to my urge to purge (I should've been a rapper with rhymes like those..) and that might take some time! Purges usually happen between once a year or so...

I only purged once when I moved to my girlfriend's flat, and at the time I had never went in public. Coïncidence ? Since this story, I found a way of purging that avoids me the guilty feelings of misusing our ressources : sell as second hand.

Good thinking Sleekheels - it'll be interesting to see the results of this.

Now, I'm not going to vote just yet. Seeing as I've just made the realisation that purging has happened so much and that I'm trying to stop it and I'm working on gaining the confidence to step outside in my shoes, I'm not going to vote just yet. I want to see if I can make a difference to my urge to purge (I should've been a rapper with rhymes like those..) and that might take some time! Purges usually happen between once a year or so...

Must remember to proof read...

I've purged. Will likely do again. Usually it's space, or income shortfalls that will precipitate the purge. The shoes I purge usually go on eBay (to recoup money spent). I've regretted a few pairs that I've purged (others not so much).

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

I have a couple of dozen pairs that I need to get rid of. I'm sort of a pack rat. I should put them on eBay, as they're in near-new condition. Don't know why I haven't got around to it.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

All my senses tell me that I need to inventory my heels and while doing so, separate the ones I don't intend to wear again, for whatever the reason, from those I enjoy presenting in public venues and other open and/or closed activities. Besides, I could use the room to replenish with other selections I find enticing. It's just so hard to let any of them go!

I have a couple of dozen pairs that I need to get rid of. I'm sort of a pack rat. I should put them on eBay, as they're in near-new condition. Don't know why I haven't got around to it.

That's actually what I have been doing as of late. I equate it to other hobbies or things in my lifestyle that I like to collect, converse about, and use. I can't have a warehouse of heels (and funky sneakers, which is another one of my things) so pairs I really don't wear more than a few times, that I'm really not attached to, I pass along rather than trash. Then you have more space and more cash to buy... more heels!

I will say though, it's really nice NOT to have the feelings of "I gotta get rid of these" every now and then. I wish I would have sold instead of thrown out back when I was in a purge cycle. At least I wouldn't be out as much money but back then it was always a rash decision and out to the trash they went without any rational thinking. However now that I've "purged" the issue to purge, I find selling and / or donating rationally unwanted specific pairs an enjoyable part of heeling. I suppose most of that is from finally letting my girlfriend know last year.

If you feel a need to purge, consider donating them to a local Walk A Mile In Her Shoes organization. They're always in need of large sized shoes for their walks.

I never thought of that but that is a great idea!

• 4 weeks later...

Good thinking Sleekheels - it'll be interesting to see the results of this.

Now, I'm not going to vote just yet. Seeing as I've just made the realisation that purging has happened so much and that I'm trying to stop it and I'm working on gaining the confidence to step outside in my shoes, I'm not going to vote just yet. I want to see if I can make a difference to my urge to purge (I should've been a rapper with rhymes like those..) and that might take some time! Purges usually happen between once a year or so...

I voted. I wear heels privately and I don't purge. This is the situation as it stands and how I intend to keep it. The rest will follow in good time but I have learnt to accept the fact that I love heels and will do so for ever and there's nothing I can do about it and neither do I want to. So there!

I only wear heels privately (but I might get out of the house soon) and don't have any need to get rid of my shoes. I have no problem whatsoever with wearing heels, I never felt insecure or unsure about myself. I know that I love heels, and that I can enjoy them without a problem. Even: I am actually glad that I like heels the way I do, because they bring me lots of pleasure. I never wanted to be "normal" and follow the unwritten rules of society. It's boring, nothing but boredom. Shoes are expensive (I guess everybody can agree with me) so I wouldn't ever get rid of heels if they weren't broken. Why would I?

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Hi fellow heelers , have purged quite a few times in the past but it was more from other people influencing my life ( ex wife who didn't want to know or even try to understand) BUT NO MORE PURGING FOR ME I really am upset about some of the fantastic shoes i let go

happy heeling Malinheels :wavey: