Strange Left Foot Pain

Impala

Question

Hi. I only started wearing heels like a month ago, and I don't really wear them often. Only a few times I have worn heels longer than half an hour, and the heels weren't higher than about 3.5 inches. I didn't have any problems except for maybe some small pains after a longer period, because I just started. Now, around a week ago, my left foot started to ache. I hadn't worn heels a lot that day, but it just started then. I feel the pain when I stand with my foot in a low arched position (around an inch) or when I stand with a very high arched position, but not when I stand with an arch of around 3 inches. my foot also hurts when I walk (this annoys me the most) It's hard to situate the pain, it's in the ball of my foot but also on the sides and around the toes. I quit wearing heels at all for 4 days to see if it'd help, but it only got worse. I wore them once after 4 days to see it they would hurt, which they did, and after I took them off after 10 minutes the pain had gotten worse. Right now it hurts like before. I would like to know if this is a common issue, if it is caused by wearing heels and if it will go away by itself. will I have to see a doctor? I thank you if you read this whole post, and if you could help me out! see you later!

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

10 answers to this question

because I'm still young and unsure, I don't yet have the courage to go and buy heels in a real store. I have 2 pairs, from online stores. Heels are however very difficult to find in big sizes in Belgium... The pair I mostly wear is indeed kind of narrow and small (I have very wide feet) and they just barely fit. I have another pair of shoes, they are lower and bigger but I like them less. I guess I will keep on not wearing them for a week and we'll see how it it turns out. Should I stop wearing the smaller heels at all or just wear them less often? thanks for the replies!

The pain went away by itself after 3 weeks. No problem anymore, should I lock this topic?

No. You shouldn't be able to. The thread will remain unlocked until one year after last posting.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

No. You shouldn't be able to. The thread will remain unlocked until one year after last posting.

Allright, see you later.

For derailment, no. For more of the same topic, yes. Otherwise this thread can die a natural death.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Speaking as a medical professional, the pain in the ball of your foot could be a neuroma. I had one recently. It's a very common people for people that wear high heels, and easy to fix. To fix it, you have to (gulp) stop wearing high heels for a while, take a small thick sponge, cut out a circle from the sponge to form a hole, place the sponge on your foot so the hole is over the area of pain and tape the sponge to your foot. The goal is to lift the ball of the foot up a little while relieving the pressure in the painful area. If problems persist, you should see a podiatrist.

the original pain has mostly gone away, only a small pain remains when I trie to get my foot in a big angle (I don't own any heels high enough to cause me this pain when standing in them, but I can sometimes feel it it I take big steps in heels.) I don't know how long this small pain will remain, but it doesn't cause me any problem.