A handy little gadget and a couple of streetshots.

Richy

I invested in a new camera the other day, compliments of Ebay. Not only does it fit in the palm of the hand, it can take up to 30 minutes of video with a 128meg memory card, store several hundred photos, store and play mp3 music files through supplied headphones or be a voice recorder. You can sit in the high street with a pair of headphones on, taking all the photos in the world, and if anyone asks, you just say you're listening to music.

To show you how small it is, I took a photo of it in comparison to an AA battery which my other digital camera takes 4 of just to work (this one has a lithium-ion rechargable through via computer cable).

Posted Image

I took it along with me this morning when I did a last minute bit of shopping in the city centre. Here's a couple of the results which I thought were well worth while. These a probably the highest that I came across this morning that weren't hidden under trousers. I was between 20 and 30 yards away when they were taken, and have been cropped and zoomed slightly. Incidently, the wearer was only 11 or 12 and looked extremely comfortable in them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well done Richy! Considering that was your very first street-shot session, you got a BRILLIANT subject in the can! A wonderful pair of boots! I look forward to seeing more results from your new mini-camera. There is a special thread here on Megaforums for "Street-Shots". Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

There is a problem with the focus on these shots. Nice subject, but the auto focus is not set right or you were on manual with the wrong distance. One thing I find with digital cropped shots is that autofocus only works well for subject matter in centre of the frame, so if you catch a subject on the edge and crop, the result may not be what you wanted.

Yes Firefox, but Richy (not Richie) might possibly have caused the blurring by camera-shake instead, which is harder to control the smaller and lighter the camera gets. Anyway, great boots though, eh Firefox? and amazing when apparently seen on an 11-to-12 year-old! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!