Motorheads!

I've got an old Fly-mo, but I suppose that wouldn't do. The weed-whacker sounds intriguing. I'm picturing some kind of motorized hammer.

Umm.. no.. a weed-wacker or ' whacker ' looks like this..

StihlWeed-Eater.JPG

I think your truck looks very nice. I'd be happy to be driven to the levee in it. Isn't that where you American chaps like to drive to?

Hmm... A long long time ago, I can still remember how that music made me smile..

Umm.. no, no Levee for me. Its mostly the waterfront by the lake and out on county/country roads.

Dammit.. I now have that song in my head..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Stiletto2004, By the looks of things you are a country bumpkin like me! I haven't rebuilt a Bronco like you but have got the land (40 acres) in far northern Wisconsin to build a shop like you have. I also have a variety of tools and love woodworking and landscaping like doing ponds and things like that. I have a 26' Shasta travel trailer that stays Up North which is now under a 32' X 14' pavillion roof, a ATV to ride on our three miles of ATV trails, two riding mowers, and a few vehicles. You are truly talented at rebuidling! So much talent over there across Lake Michigan!! HappyinHeels

Excellent work, you did not miss a single detail! But I noticed something - in the fifth photo, I see a clutch pedal AND an automatic selector on the console. You got some kinda magic driveline thing going on there?

Regards, Logjam

No, the truck was originally a stick. So I welded the brake and cluth pedals together to make one big brake pedal. :-)

Stiletto2004, By the looks of things you are a country bumpkin like me! I haven't rebuilt a Bronco like you but have got the land (40 acres) in far northern Wisconsin to build a shop like you have. I also have a variety of tools and love woodworking and landscaping like doing ponds and things like that. I have a 26' Shasta travel trailer that stays Up North which is now under a 32' X 14' pavillion roof, a ATV to ride on our three miles of ATV trails, two riding mowers, and a few vehicles. You are truly talented at rebuidling! So much talent over there across Lake Michigan!! HappyinHeels

Yep, country bumpkin for sure. Alto, MI is not a very big town! Cheers!

ILK - We'll just trade duties. I am really good at painting cars, and really bad at painting houses!

Mike

• 2 months later...

Used to be into cars and had a '76 vette many years ago but cars are just too expensive for me now. So just a Yam R1 and TZ250 now, oh and a van.

• 1 month later...

I felt the need to post this, not because it's intrinsically interesting, but because of the reason for my latest project. I consider myself a collector of Lawn-Boy lawn mowers, though not a serious one, as I don't have a garage full of perfectly restored, vintage machines--looks like a bunch of junk to most people. :nervous: My 4 year old son basically goaded me into fixing this 1978 Model R7268. He's been bugging me for weeks to help him fix it. He did most of the dis-assembly and re-assembly by himself (really, I'm not making that up), and now he considers it "his" mower. Fair enough, I suppose, he's put the sweat equity into it. We've now got 6 running mowers and only a maximum of 4 people to mow. We have a small lawn care business.

post-19325-0-21108200-1373200145_thumb.j

Land Rover Discovery just passed it's 20th mot test, no rust in the old girl yet. Got one advisory one brake pipe a bit iffy. Not bad for 23 years old.

life is not a rehearsal

• 2 months later...

Old faithful is an factory stock '89 Toyota Turbo Supra; just as much fun to drive now as it was in '90 when I got it. Darlin' bride has a '06 Toyota Avalon; a bit dull but one SWEET ride....I think of it as a Japanese Buick Roadmaster. Every time I go for a quick trip in the '05 M-Benz SL65 (bought in '06), I still feel a little like I've just stolen a really nice car. A long series of '60s VW Beetles and elder 260/280Zs did not prepare me for this experience. Everything about the car is smooth and effortless. Test drove a Lamborghini Gallardo on a sports car track. A different feel altogether. Most surprisingly, after about 70mph, the Benz was slightly faster. Fun, fun, fun! I know what you're feelin' there, Patsy Cline UpBy5