Motorheads!

I'm afraid my tastes are much more pedestrian than all that. I collect Lawn-Boy lawn mowers. I've got 8 of them. My oldest is a 1972 model, and my newest is a 2001 model, which is about the last of the "real" Lawn-Boys, that is, the 2-strokes. I have yet to do a full restoration on any of them, as I do use all of them to actually cut grass in our small lawn service business. However, I have rebuilt 2 engines. Both of them failed because a previous owner forgot to mix in the oil with the gas one time. Straight-gassing a Lawn-Boy will result in quick and catasrophic engine failure. Otherwise, with a minimal amount of maintenance, these mowers will darn near last forever. My 1972 model is used constantly even though it is over 40 years old. I do have another "project" that I hope I will go ahead and finish one of these days. I have a 1972 Suzuki T350 motorbike. If I ever get it finished, it should be pretty fun, as it is very light, but should pack a good punch from the 2 stroke engine in a certain rpm range.

My current vehicle is a bus. It's got a low floor for easy access, a big space for a wheelchair and a smaller one for a baby buggy (I don't need either, but it's nice to know they're there in case) and a little bell to ding when you want to get off. Sometimes it's a double decker, then you can sit on top at the front and get a super view of everything that's going on, otherwise you can sit and talk to some nice people. Probably its best feature is that if I fancy a stroll before seeing to my business in town, I can take it right along to the end of the seafront and walk into town along the prom. Then, when I'm done, it comes with an amenable chap fitted as standard, who'll bring it along to meet me at a pre-arranged spot and take me home. His name's Driver. Alternatively, I can walk from town along the prom and Driver will meet me there. It seems to be a popular model, as I see a lot of them about, and I can understand why. For £11 a week I can go anywhere I want in the town, so it's economical to run. It's also very reliable. I've never had to do any maintainance, though I suppose that would be a disappointment to you chaps who like to tinker. But I don't suffer the problem that beset poor Amanda last week. The only real drawback is that, rather in the style of Cinderella's coach, it tends to stop working at a given time each night and you end up walking home.

Had a bit of a clutch problem the other day, checked the fluid totally dry. Topped it back up quick thought when did I last check it 1992 was my reply, all is back to normal again good to do your own serviceing.

life is not a rehearsal

I have an ATV, 3 trucks and a car at my disposal. One of the trucks is a ' toy ' that I like to hit SCAA road courses with. ;) It surprises Porsche and Subaru owners. I sometimes go drifting around with it :D

http://s233.beta.pho...7d6e7b.mp4.html

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

'99 Chevy P/U 3/4T 4X4: utility, projects, camping occasionally '12 Nissan Juke: daily driver (recently replaced a 15 y/o Saab) '08 BMW motorcycle '79 BMW motorcycle, "airhead", running rolling project bike Regards, Logjam

Daily driver is a 2000 F-350 crew cab long box. 7.3 direct injected turbo diesel. Many mods - can do 10 second quarter mile. It pulls a 2012 Big Country 40' fifth wheel camper around too. Building a 1968 Ford Bronco that I got free, so you can imagine it's condition. But it has a 289 so should be fun when it's done. 2008 John Deere Gator XUV 620i. That thing will haul just about anything anywhere, including a cooler full of beer. And the best part? I just installed a hoist in my barn last summer. I have lots of cool tools.

Mike

'99 Chevy P/U 3/4T 4X4: utility, projects, camping occasionally

'12 Nissan Juke: daily driver (recently replaced a 15 y/o Saab)

'08 BMW motorcycle

'79 BMW motorcycle, "airhead", running rolling project bike

Regards, Logjam

When I clicked on them none of these links worked. Do they need http in front?

I am currently driving a 2011 Xterra. We sold a 1988 32ft class A motorhome and a Twister Hammerhead 250 mini sand rail - go kart a couple years ago. My first ride was a very good condition 1977 VW Westfalia camper. Man, I miss that thing. There is one about a mile down the road that is rotting in a person's driveway. I fancy the idea of making an offer on it someday and restoring it with my son as he gets a bit older. I also like the idea of restoring a 70's ford pickup and putting a modern diesel engine in it. Some of the cars that I wouldn't mind restoring or the like include a early 70s AMC Ambassador (I know it is a big ugly boat but for whatever reason I dig them), a 70s Wagoneer, or something 60s or 70s of hot rod type of nature. I would also love to do the motorhome thing again. All of this has to wait until the misses and I fix our finances (which we are actively engaged in doing) so it will be some time down the road. Best, Larry My first ride: post-482-0-51059000-1361292567_thumb.jpg

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

SCCA Road rally's - - I used to be a navigator for a couple guys who were into TSD rallies. That was many moons ago. Right now my current truck is a 96 Chevy3500 dually double cab diesel with a spring pack that makes it ride like a buckboard buggy - it's an old construction truck. My 89 525i is in the front yard for sale, and I run an 86 Honda VT500C shadow in the summer just because it gets 60+MPG. I've owned my cars than I can possibly list by memory. I used to be a motor head, but these days with the fleet we have around our house, it's a case of "as long as it runs - go!!" I have way too many projects in the cooker to actually get any of them done these days.

Outside of my 95 Ford Ranger 4x4, my gas powered toys are as follows. Lawn mower Snow blower Roto-tiller Generator.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Megan, those were not links - just a list. Sorry! Regards, Logjam Larry (aka AZshoenut), the Westfalia is a classic! Was the one in the photo yours? An aside - years ago I lived in the PHX area and owned a '73 VW "bus" - I don't think the Westfalia came into being until later. Anyway - I made many trips up to "the Rim" camping in the VW bus. Lots of fun, just didn't want to get in a big hurry getting there!

Pedal power all the way for me. For getting to town it's quicker, easier and cheaper and has the added bonus of stopping my arse from getting fat. Longer journeys it's train/bus or borrow/rent a vehicle.

Was the one in the photo yours?

Yep, that one was mine. We had that bus everywhere. It went to the rim, Sedona, the White Mountains, the beach, up the trail to Four Peaks (which, looking out the window, just got covered in snow this morning), and a bunch of other places. It had no problem making it up fairly rough trails in its own time.

It is cool to find things in common in addition to heels.

Best,

Larry

Here are a couple pics of the interior:

post-482-0-38238600-1361388296_thumb.jpg post-482-0-92565900-1361388207_thumb.jpg post-482-0-04349400-1361388266_thumb.jpg post-482-0-94155500-1361388217_thumb.jpg

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

An ancient Massey Furguson (1975ish), a Ford 1100 tractor that's nearly as old, a Landrover 110 short wheelbase (1981). My own car is a 1993 Toyota Previa, dead reliable but HEAVY on the juice.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Excellent work, you did not miss a single detail! But I noticed something - in the fifth photo, I see a clutch pedal AND an automatic selector on the console. You got some kinda magic driveline thing going on there? Regards, Logjam

You have sharper eyes than I do. But I don't think it takes away from a marvellous achievement.

Absolutely not! I was just having a little fun with our friend - over here some of us call it a "left-handed compliment", it's intended in fun.

Regards, Logjam

Absolutely not! I was just having a little fun with our friend - over here some of us call it a "left-handed compliment", it's intended in fun.

Regards, Logjam

I know, bless you. I was trying to be ironic at my own expense. I'll bear the left handed thing in mind and maybe even try to use it myself.

I built this truck from scratch, took me 5 years.

Not many heels pictures, but a lot of me building it. http://s1218.beta.ph...brary/84 Bronco

Mine has been a project since 2004 ( year after I bought it ). I rolled it over twice ( so far ) and have rebuilt it all including a good portion of the frame, whole suspension, interior, engine, tranny.. Theres nothing really unmodified from the factory outside of the body panels and they have been altered but not by much.

From 2 years ago after the second time I rolled it.. ( I do my own collision work though Im not very good at it, YET! )

Posted Image

Last fall..

Posted Image

Im in the process of powdercoating ALL of the suspension and epoxying the frame a bright red color. It will never be ' finished '. ;)

Our trucks do have something in common from looking at your photobucket pics.. You have a Windsor in there?

The second one, the blue one in the field, that looks lovely.

Thats just in its ' running form '. Its far from done. I finished putting it back together and drove it to that location by the ponds on the families property. Unfortunately, I had to get a tow truck to haul it out as it had problems after getting there. Again.. its not done yet. ;)

The first one, the workmanship shows you need to pay more attention to detail, then you'll come up with something you can be proud of

Im proud of it, just not satisfied completely. The ' workmanship ' wasnt much of anything, was just fixing some of the bodywork on parts I had recently purchased. There wasnt even a motor in it when that picture was taken :D

Honestly.. and not trying to sound insulting.. a lawnmower or a weedwacker ( I dont know what they call weed-wackers across the pond. ). Learn the basics of how a small engine works then go from there.

I would stay away from Collision work as.. Its a form or ' art ' that takes many years of dedication to do properly. Ive painted all kinds of surfaces from plaster, wood, plastic, steel.. Ive used enamals, lacquers, stains, oils, lead based paints.. Ive even powdercoated.. But painting a car or a motorcycle.. Im not good at it whatsoever. I can make it a certain color, but not with any ' quality ' or a very good ' finish ' to it.

Im having someone else come in and ' correct ' all my mistakes. It might look good in that picture taken from quite a few feet away, but up close..

Posted Image

.. the clear coat is very uneven and needs to be re-done.

I've got an old Fly-mo, but I suppose that wouldn't do. The weed-whacker sounds intriguing. I'm picturing some kind of motorized hammer. I think your truck looks very nice. I'd be happy to be driven to the levee in it. Isn't that where you American chaps like to drive to?