Can You Explain Your Username To Us?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Quidam means "someone" in Latin, that's why I chose this nick. It's like saying anonymous but with a twist. :chuckle:

I do like the name, with its connotation of anonymity, and perhaps mystery! But I don't think your explanation quite does it justice - quidam is usually translated as meaning 'an anonymous passer-by (or bystander)' or, more prosaically, 'everyone and no-one'. A walk-on extra in a film, perhaps?

Picture the heel-wearing man who quietly walks through the streets, minding his own business. He is noticed by some of those he passes but probably not recognised. Who was he? Why was he wearing heels? Who cares? The moment passes ... all is forgotten. He could have been almost anyone on this board!

Well, although it is not nearly as creative as most. May I please introduce my feminine half, who is rather forward, dominant, never one to be ignored and when pushed can be a real hardcore bitch. Jennifer Johns. So rather than being formal, please, Jen J. will be fine. Jen.

Quidam means "someone" in Latin, that's why I chose this nick. It's like saying anonymous but with a twist. :chuckle:

Haven't I read somewhere that there is also a Polish musical group that uses the name "Quidam"?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

@Bubba: dunno about any music group named Quidam :w00t2: But as Puffer pointed out, "quidam" extends to everyone and no-one, and that's what I like the most of this nick. I was just trying to make a long story short *lol* but Puffer came out with an outstanding short-movie... thanks Puff!.:chuckle:

Well mine I think is pretty explanatory. I live in tight levis and other tight jeans, and my main heeling is done in HH Cowboy Boots. Most if not all of my jeans are womens jeans, since getting a mens jean that is tight and form fitting for a 30 inch waist and a 36 to 38 inch inseam is tough, so I have found since Levis quit offering the "O-spin jeans (custom fit jeans) when I first signed up to the HHPlace, I now live in BKE, Lucky, Cruel Girl, and Carharts for women. THey all offer 36, 37 or 38 inch inseam jeans. My original HH Cowboy boots were Western Ranch 3 inch heel, that later I had another 1/4 inch added. I now have a pair of Jones Boots from Mexico that have a full 3.5 inch heel, and I am ordering a new pair from Jones Boots that will have a 4.5 inch heel and will be my first non-all-black boots. They will be Black with red or Black-Cherry accents. I'll keep everyone posted on those when I get them. Thanks! Tightlevisandhhboots

Haven't I read somewhere that there is also a Polish musical group that uses the name "Quidam"?

As a matter of fact, there's more than one group with that name. Polish Quidam is a progressive rock act, whereas Spanish Quidam play punk siniestro [spanish and Latin American batcave/deathrock/horror punk].

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Mine is also kind of self explanatory but here it goes. Thigh is for the boots I like best. Every since I remember I have been in love with high heeled boots. I discovered thigh high boots when I first got into college (internet was getting to be really important). The latter part is for part of my name.

• 2 months later...

"HighHeelDude" was what I grew up to the site as, at 16 years old, I believe. Then, everyone here started calling me "HHDude" since the name did seem kinda long, especially to my tastes today, so I changed it, for everyone's leisure :cry1: But you know, as I look around this topic, I'm left wondering if I should change it. I was thinking "HHTeen1" or something along the lines. I actually thought, in my beginning years of both heeling and the site, that I was the first and youngest person of the site to confess to wearing heels, at a young age. If anyone of the Website Team could ease my head in this hypothesis, that would be thankful :wave: PM please. Then, I'm continuously learning about what heels I really like, so that may incorporate into a new name later. For now, I'll stick to this :wave: It suits me the best.

Formally "HHDude"

I had my name changed to the way it is now because I used to just wear heels. Hence, the name/statement Daniel in heels was just my way of normalizing or downplaying the fact that I like heels.

Lately I've gotten into women's fashion as well. When I make a pass at looking like a woman, I go by Dani Ferocious (an interpolation of Beyonce's alterego, Sasha Fierce).

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I had my name changed to the way it is now because I used to just wear heels. Hence, the name/statement Daniel in heels was just my way of normalizing or downplaying the fact that I like heels.

Lately I've gotten into women's fashion as well. When I make a pass at looking like a woman, I go by Dani Ferocious (an interpolation of Beyonce's alterego, Sasha Fierce).

That makes zero sense at all. If you want to downplay something, then why stick it in your username and make it a focal point of your membership? :cry1:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I chose my name because I'm very short, just 5ft.3, but I kinda like my height. It certainly enhances my love for high heels and for people who wear them (strange but true). Must be the whole domineering thing... for a small person, there's nothing sexier than someone towering over you in heels.

That makes zero sense at all. If you want to downplay something, then why stick it in your username and make it a focal point of your membership? :cry1:

It makes more than zero sense. When I changed my screen name (from Danielle, which I only took because Daniel was taken and I don't put numbers in my screen names), I was still just a guy who liked wearing heels. I had the mentality of "okay, so I wear heels, no biggie" which is a response to the societal stigma of a guy wearing heels. To that end, there's a bit of preaching to the choir going on, but I like the screen name and have registered both a Yahoo! and a Gmail account for it. Hope that clears it up.

It makes more than zero sense. When I changed my screen name (from Danielle, which I only took because Daniel was taken and I don't put numbers in my screen names), I was still just a guy who liked wearing heels. I had the mentality of "okay, so I wear heels, no biggie" which is a response to the societal stigma of a guy wearing heels. To that end, there's a bit of preaching to the choir going on, but I like the screen name and have registered both a Yahoo! and a Gmail account for it. Hope that clears it up.

Nope. My initial query still remains unanswered. If you wanted to play it down, then just "Daniel/Dan/etc/etc" would have been better surely?

Having it in your username, on a heels website already, definately isnt playing it down, it rubbing it into peoples nose's surely?

Nope. My initial query still remains unanswered. If you wanted to play it down, then just "Daniel/Dan/etc/etc" would have been better surely?

Having it in your username, on a heels website already, definately isnt playing it down, it rubbing it into peoples nose's surely?

I don't consider it nose-rubbing any more or less than any other screen name pattern of [name/nickname][heels]. I made the Danielinheels accounts in 2005, with the intent of being upfront about my heel-wearing while socially giving me the chance to show that it's not the big stink that society tries to make it. I changed it on HHPlace about a year or so later since I'd grown into the Danielinheels name (and was no longer comfortable with Danielle).

So, the flow of a conversation would go something like this:

Danielinheels: [whatever innocuous chatroom greeting]

chatperson: @Danielinheels - does that mean you're gay?

Danielinheels: Nope, I'm just a guy that likes heels

chatperson: are you a cross-dresser?

Danielinheels (2005 version): No, I just really dig heels

Danielinheels (2010 version): Yes, sometimes but I still like heels first and foremost

chatperson: and you're straight, you say...

Danielinheels: yes.

chatperson: Interesting, can't say I've ever seen that before...

Danielinheels: Well, there are certainly straight males who like/prefer wearing heels -- what's on my feet has nothing to do with whom I take to bed

and there, just like that, one more person gets the Jerry Springer stereotype out of their heads (for the moment, at least). By making it known upfront through my screen name, people will engage me in conversation, but via the conversation, I'm able to make the point that guys wearing heels is no big deal.

Its my Name. Boring isnt it, but easy to pronounce at heel meets when meeting other members of this forum. It is quite funny listening to members try to pronounce a series of numbers letters or dis-jointed words, but you would have to have been to a heel meet to enjoy that pleasure.

The angels have the phonebox.

I don't consider it nose-rubbing any more or less than any other screen name pattern of [name/nickname][heels]. I made the Danielinheels accounts in 2005, with the intent of being upfront about my heel-wearing while socially giving me the chance to show that it's not the big stink that society tries to make it. I changed it on HHPlace about a year or so later since I'd grown into the Danielinheels name (and was no longer comfortable with Danielle).

So, the flow of a conversation would go something like this:

Danielinheels: [whatever innocuous chatroom greeting]

chatperson: @Danielinheels - does that mean you're gay?

Danielinheels: Nope, I'm just a guy that likes heels

chatperson: are you a cross-dresser?

Danielinheels (2005 version): No, I just really dig heels

Danielinheels (2010 version): Yes, sometimes but I still like heels first and foremost

chatperson: and you're straight, you say...

Danielinheels: yes.

chatperson: Interesting, can't say I've ever seen that before...

Danielinheels: Well, there are certainly straight males who like/prefer wearing heels -- what's on my feet has nothing to do with whom I take to bed

and there, just like that, one more person gets the Jerry Springer stereotype out of their heads (for the moment, at least). By making it known upfront through my screen name, people will engage me in conversation, but via the conversation, I'm able to make the point that guys wearing heels is no big deal.

I didnt say it was anymore than any other screen-name, it was just the point that YOU made about wanting to play-it-down, yet your actions seem the exact opposite.

Personally, I think its better for people just to see it for themselves and meet people in heels and not actually have the heels become to focus of conversation, thus it becomes low-key, and not the main focus of what your doing, just like any other item of clothing.

I dont broadcast that I prefer fleece jackets, I just wear them, and thats-that, which to me is not "playing it down", but its not making it "all I am about" either.

Good for you! I think that makes tons of sense!

The term "kikepa" is a wrap skirt worn by both men and women in Hawaii.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

My lastname is Scott, so I like to use the nickname "Scotty". The 727 was the time my first daughter was born (when I registered my first username with Yahoo, I had to pick a number and that seemed as good as any). The extra S in the beginning of my name was a typo I realized AFTER I registered the username, so I kept it as it makes my userid unique. I now just use this id other places I register.

Bubba136 - Bubba, a nick name that friends of mine at the local Volunteer Fire Department gave to me and 136 was added when I registered my hotmail email account. Bubba 1 through 135 was already taken. :cry1:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

shrimper = one who likes shrimps (toes).

That reminds me of the origin of midgets here in the united states. They all emigrated to the USA from Europe on Shrimp Boats........ :cry1::silly::wave: