Can You Explain Your Username To Us?

One of my favorite styles of sandals is Dr. Scholl exercise sandals. (I know, the purists are going "yuccchhhh!!!!!) I wore them for years and still do occasionally. My wife and I always referred to them as Docs and my European size is 41, so I put them together as Docs41 and here I am!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Operator Kõps is a well-known kids' animation movie character in Estonia in the 1980's. He was a guy who wandered around in the wilderness with his big camera and always took pictures. I was a keen fan of nature photography as well, and liked to go trekking with my big camera, so i earned that name. That was all before i met my wife, got kids, etc. ;) Nowadays i'm still a fan of photography but don't have much time to wander around, so i'm mostly taking pictures of my kids. "Kõps" is also an Estonian word for the sound that a stiletto kind of heel makes on pavement. So it didn't take much thinking of what name to use here. I'm using this name in some other computer systems, forums, and web sites as well. Why do i write it as "k6ps" and not "kõps"? Well, in the old days (i mean 1990s. I'm in the IT industry and consider myself an old school UNIX/C hacker, although i don't quite look like one -- don't have long hair, don't have beard, and mostly trying to wear something more elegant than t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers) most computers had problems with the 'õ' character. It is a letter that is in Estonian language only, and thus a non-ASCII character (that means mostly US-made computer and software standards didn't know how to display and handle it). So that was a common practice to use the number six figure in computers instead of that letter. Nowadays, in the unicode (that means any computer can handle any character that exists in any language in the world) era this is not a problem any more, but i somehow still keep the habit of writing it like this. Happy Heeling k6ps

My name is Ronald, or Ron, and some even call me Ronnie. Since I wear high heels every day, I'm ron-in-heels, or roniheels. Not real clever, but I can't let a day go by without a rationalization.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was first used many years ago for professional purposes; it was the convention to hide behind an alias when providing answers to technical questions in a couple of publications. I adopted it because I had an interest in railways (still do) and smoked a pipe (gave up 4 years ago). Another board member who met me once was expecting an old git with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a perpetual cough! Yes to the first characteristic, no to the second and third!

• 2 months later...

This is my 100th post, so it is only fitting to explain my user name. My nickname is Kitty when my wife calls me, since I am more of a cat person and have more of an attitude like a cat. She is more of a dog lover, loyal and obedient, hence her nickname is Puppy. So instead of Puss In Boots, I just call myself Kittyinboots, I use this as my username for my other web site accounts. And for this web site, I am only into tall boots with high heels.

Had not seen this post before,nice one. Mtnsofheels, comes from having many pairs of heels and a tie to my work and love for the mountains, I spend lotsa time in the mountains just wish I could wear heels while I am there! Cool! Mtnsofheels

My username is actually M:a with a : instead of a - but somehow that messed up everything so admin hade to change it. M:a is my real name spelled in a different way. You'll know what my mother named me if you just say it out loud one time :)

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

My username is actually M:a with a : instead of a - but somehow that messed up everything so admin hade to change it.

M:a is my real name spelled in a different way. You'll know what my mother named me if you just say it out loud one time :)

Will we? So, is your name 'Mcolona' or 'Mhyphena' or 'Mdasha' or just 'Ma', and is the 'a' long or short? :)I think we should be told!

Regards,

Puh-ff-ah (or something like that, I think) :)

Will we? So, is your name 'Mcolona' or 'Mhyphena' or 'Mdasha' or just 'Ma', and is the 'a' long or short? :)I think we should be told!

Regards,

Puh-ff-ah (or something like that, I think) :)

Oh I'm so sorry :smile:

I forgot that it might not sound the same when you're not pronouncing it in swedish.

My name's Emma but I love your 'Mdasha' :) Maybe I should consider changing it?

So your name isn't Phu-ff-aar? Instead it's Puh-ff-ah?

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

Thanks for the clarification, Emma!

So your name isn't Phu-ff-aar? Instead it's Puh-ff-ah?

As you wish! But I didn't intend it should start 'Ph' (= 'F') or finish with a drawn-out 'aaaaa'. Let's go back to 'Puffer'!

The celebrated Irish writer, George Bernard Shaw, liked to point out pronounciation peculiarities in the English language. He suggested that the imaginary word ghoti should be pronounced as fish - the gh as in enough; o as in women; ti as in station. (I hope your Swedish background can cope with that!)

Thanks for the clarification, Emma!

As you wish! But I didn't intend it should start 'Ph' (= 'F') or finish with a drawn-out 'aaaaa'. Let's go back to 'Puffer'!

The celebrated Irish writer, George Bernard Shaw, liked to point out pronounciation peculiarities in the English language. He suggested that the imaginary word ghoti should be pronounced as fish - the gh as in enough; o as in women; ti as in station. (I hope your Swedish background can cope with that!)

Haha let's go back to Puffer and Emma. Or maybe Puffer and M:a as I assume Puffer isn't your real name. :)

I've never understood why 'o' in woman sounds like 'i'.. Otherwise pretty much in the english language makes sense.

Haha let's go back to Puffer and Emma. Or maybe Puffer and M:a as I assume Puffer isn't your real name. :)

I've never understood why 'o' in woman sounds like 'i'.. Otherwise pretty much in the english language makes sense.

No, Emma, I was not christened 'Puffer' - I do explain its origin on 8 June above.

In the singular 'woman', the 'o' is pronounced more like a long 'u' (as in 'put') - but both the 'o' and the 'e' are pronounced like a short 'i' (as in 'sit') in the plural 'women'. (Because some feminists dislike having '-men' in 'their' word, they often deliberately write it as 'wimmin'.)

No, Emma, I was not christened 'Puffer' - I do explain its origin on 8 June above.

In the singular 'woman', the 'o' is pronounced more like a long 'u' (as in 'put') - but both the 'o' and the 'e' are pronounced like a short 'i' (as in 'sit') in the plural 'women'. (Because some feminists dislike having '-men' in 'their' word, they often deliberately write it as 'wimmin'.)

I admit it, woman and women are very strange words and I can't seem to get it right no matter how I try fitting it into my small head.

Hi all, mine's pretty easy really. I'm a big football (English) fanatic and especially a big Chelsea fan, for those of you who don't know, they play in Royal Blue and, as I was bred just opposite their stadium, and born in a hospital about half a mile up the road, that makes me pureblue, 59 is the year I was born, as I say, simple really!!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I am new to this web site, but I know I'm going to enjoy it, just as soon as I can meet some of you and have a discussion about our favorite topic, very high heels.

I chose the username "foreverup", as it is my intention, and I hope yours, to always be striving to wear higher and higher heels.

I think it is great that more and more men are beginning to wear heels; and, it is certainly a great excitement in life to see women in very high heels.