Can You Explain Your Username To Us?

Can you explain your username to us? Some of the members' usernames are self-explanatory, like mine ("Heelfan") or "Tiptoe" or "Bootboy" or "Sexishoe". However, others are very mysterious and intriguing like "Exitman", "Delimber", "Scuffy", "Xaphod", Eleventhdr", "Yamyam", "Cabmo", "Bubba" etc. I thought it would be both fun and fascinating to see if members with puzzling 'handles' like these and others are willing to explain how they were arrived-at. Were they simply meaningless words chosen at random or do some of them have a profound and intellectually stimulating inner significance? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like wise with mine. Jeff and M is the initial of my surname. The only reason I included my surname initial is because Jeff from I think Holland beat me to Jeff. While on this subject i think it is nice for people to sign off with their names too. It makes it a bit more personal than just talking to a key board. Jeff

is mine self-explanatory? i guess it is ;p my useual username is SuperMoo which is not ;p

the 'kiz' part isn't, at least to me.

Emma

PS Mine is sort of a joke name (hint: try saying it out loud to yourself) but it has stuck, and I even get junk mail with Emma J Nation on it!

Oh Emma! I am kicking myself for not having the imagination to suss out emmajnation. Of course, doggawn it, of course! Thank you! However, I now feel a bit deflated about that very down-to-earth explanation though. "Emma J. Nation" has a real ring about it, a je ne sais quois, a certain authority spiced with a romantic aristocracy tinged with a charismatic attractiveness befitting the two photographs to which you have kindly treated us, both of which exude style, taste and personal presentation of the highest order. I have yet to come fully to terms with the reality that a name that has made such a big impression on me (and I am sure to others), and a name that matches your image so well, can have such a disarmingly simple origin! Emma, have a splendid Christmas! Oh, just for the record, I'm blessed if I can fathom out the "kiz" of Heelboykiz either! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Hmmm! Bubba136. My original nic is MWHH (man wearing high heels). Over the past 5 years in Jenny's chat room, chatters began using Bubba to identify me in the chat. Bubba is the nic name given to me by a group of volunteer firemen in a rural Georgia fire station. I wrote a proposal for a USGovt. grant that bought some badly needed equipment for the station. And, since I wasn't a native of the area where we were living, they decided to make me an honorary member of the station and named me "Bubba to fit in with the rest of the rednecks." I still use mwhh as well as Bubba136.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

AZRAELLE, AZRAEL...

At the time of my divorce (1998) I felt like the Hollies' song King Midas in Reverse e.g. everything associated with me turns to shit. Azrael is the Semite name for Angel of Death, which seemed related, somehow. I signed up with my first ISP (Earthlink) about the same time via 800 number access (rural Nevada didn't have internet access until ~2000) and "azrael" was already taken. Since I felt kind of "femmy" and P/O'd at the world generally, I signed up as the feminine version, namely "azraelle". Azrael was also the name of Gargomel's evil cat, on the Smurfs cartoon series, by the way.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I loved the Smurfs, by the way, and still do. Their absence is difficult to fill in the world of cartoons where most shows have something to do with enslaving monsters or robots and forcing them to fight one another. Laurieheels. I have been called Mrs. Heels in an e-mail. Um... It's much like Jennyheels, or Debbieheels, it's just a name, to say that Laurie is really into heels. But it would be Ms. Heels, of course, since I remain single, and quite happily for it right now.

Er, through various permutations of Richard Edward........(traditional English shortenings) and the fact I am 6'4" tall and built like a bean pole. Big D comes from Big Dick, a name I picked up when I was at college differentiating me from "Little Dick" easy really. I thought of using Balletshoe Boy because at the time I joined the forum I was big into wearing ballets but that seemed a bit restrictive for cross-forum naming.

Thank you for the explanations Sectreto and Spikey Dan! Secreto, I got my first pair of Faith "Sabrinas" about the same time as you got yours. Although their size 9s run a bit small and need a lot of stretching to fit me, they are a KNOCKOUT and I've now got three pairs - two in black and one in beige with the usual 4 1/2" heel in dark brown. Hope you're enjoying wearing yours as much as I am mine! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

My user name is quite simple actually. I've been a fan of female footwear for many years, and my absolute favorites are Dr. Scholls exercise sandals. (hence the Docs portion) The 41 is my shoe size in European sizing. Although I'm from the US and wear a size 10, I use this name in other places and Docs10 was not available. I know some of you are probably thinking how could he wear those ugly things???? Can't help it, I LOVE them!!!! But if it makes you feel any better I also have a pair of Scholls heeled sandals, the "Sassy" model as well as the "Diva" style. I guess you could call my shoe collection eclectic because I have so many different styles. Plats P.S. I also go by Plats because I LOVE platforms!!!! :D

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Thanks for the interesting explanations Docs! - I hope people don't mix you up with my good friend and fellow forum member Dr. Shoe! I share your enthusiasm for Dr. Scholl mule-sandals. I've owned a number of pairs, both the wooden-soled and the leather-soled versions. I try to get the women's rather than the men's versions, because annoyingly they position the strap a little further up on to the foot on the men's version which reduces the sexy slap-slap-slap. I've worn them a lot in public, but I get a few funny looks because I've only ever seen one or two other guys wearing them in the UK, whereas I've seen more guys in them in other countries like Germany. I don't share your enthusiasm for platforms though. They make the otherwise elegant toe-box of a shoe or boot look clumpy, ugly and deformed like a surgical boot for some poor cripple with a club foot! Also, they are "cheating". I've groaned so many times when I've noticed a lovely girl in what look like 5" or 6" heels from behind, only to find that she's got 2" platforms under her toes, reducing what could have been a really sexy arch-lift to only 3" or 4" more flat-footed posture. Oh well, I suppose life would be dull if we all liked the same things! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Mine comes from trying to find a different way to spell "Alex", as that's usually taken on most forums. I always prefer to use my real name whenever possible. Allyx seems OK - It's pretty unisex (as if Alex isn't) and pretty "usernamey" and I have taken to using it whenever I can't choose Alex.

I'm not very active on these forums, the last time I logged on was when Firefox phoned me up out of the blue one evening!

Hello to everyone who remembers me from when I was active on Spinchat - does nobody use that any more?? I have logged on but not found anyone there....

Alex

Dexter is a cartoon character and he has problems fitting the world. He is quite cleaver in a way others don’t understand and he like to invent things. There’s an episode in witch dexter damages one of his boots and than he freaks out about it. And he's funny. The 23 is the age I was when I got my first e-mail alias Dex.

When I set up my first email account (long since dead), I wanted to use Zaphod (as in Zaphod Beeblebrox, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy), but hit x instead of z.

Before I realised, I had hit the return key and immortalised xaphod forever.

Dammit the hoopiest heely frood in the Universe named by a typo !

Xa

Zathrus is a character from my fav' Sci-Fi series, Babylon 5. Zathrus was wise and knew a great deal about everything, even though he acted like a fool most of the time ("Zathrus always forgetting things"). His hiding of his true self struck a chord with me.....or perhaps I just couldn't think of a better handle :-) Imagination.....now that really *is* clever :D Zathrus

My username is quite simple really since Dawn is my alterego's name and Don is my real name. I wanted to use dawn (with a small "d"), but someone from Israel had already taken it. (Thats what happens when you "lurk" too long.) So I tried to use Dawn with a capital, but that would not go through either. Then I noticed that some of the board members were using HH (High Heels) with their username, hence I ended up with Dawn HH. Then I immediately logged in so that no-one could beat me to it. The rest is history. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I actually go by Gene', as that's a middle name, but not often. And I've long loved the name Bujold. But the initials for Gene' Bujold... Can you guess? Something I really wasn't into four years ago in the least, but seem to have grown into (a bit) for a variety of reasons, not the least of which it's just a lot more comfortable for me to go around in heels... BUT - when when dressed like a redneck, they look quite funny - hence a change to more gender neutral (er, "bending") styles. Because of a hormone condition, I look more like an immature female than a male anyway, so it doesn't take much to blur the lines between Gene' the man, and Gene' the not quite man, not quite woman... Believer it or not, there are a lot of women out there who don't wear makeup and look as much or more like a man than I do, so my toning down the maleness and providing a hint of femaleness actually goes a long way towards eliminating stares when I wear heels in public: - Mediterranean shirt - Semi-flare leg jeans (I often wear a woman's tall jean, as they fit better) - A few rings of non-gender-specific design - Take out my pony tail and wear my hair down When I do this - no stares. Every once in a while, though, I, my wife, or both of us get a wild hair, and I'll put a simple curl in my hair, the very lightest touch of makeup, and maybe, perhaps, I'll let her paint my nails a reasonably unnoticeable color. The problem with that, though, is that no matter how light I do it, even a touch of makeup and clear nail polish, combined with my non-testerone finish, says "girl," and then it attracts more stares than I like, primarily from men trying to find a curve in my breast (I'm a man - I have none!). So the vast majority of the time, I just let my hair down, wear a nice, but non-gender-specific shirt, and pretty much blend into the crowd.

Can Genebujold or any other US member explain what a "Redneck" is? "Redneck" is an expression which has come up repeatedly in postings from you guys "Across the Pond", but seems to be unknown in the UK. Thank you in anticipation. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!