Oh Noes, The Snows!

After watching the home team get their asses handed to them in Montreal, I decided to go out and do something. Just a drive, a walk.. something. Darian and I were out driving along and went by a mall.. decided to stop.. Were both in Uggs and jeans, warmer jackets and walked in. There was a Payless store at the entrance we went in and normally, I dont shop there. This was an acceptation. I IMMEDIATELY noticed the girl behind the counter. Gothic babe with purple and blue dreds, dark eye makeup and wearing what would be a ' gothic school girl ' uniform with torn up fishnet stockings, DocMartin knee high boots, suspenders hanging down instead of going over her shoulders. No piercings or noticeable tattoos. We head back to go look at whats here and Darian spotted something and just started droning ' OMG! I have to get these! '. http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10275&skuId=099579060&productId=72162&lotId=099579&category=&catdisplayName=Womens She doesnt have anything like them. I had to admit, they dont look THAT bad but im not into the whole ' helmet on ' or ' I need velcro straps on my shoes ' types of things. Darian walks around and then tells me ' You need to try these things, the bottoms are squishy and they are so comfortable! '. So I did. Im walking around and the girl from the counter comes back to see if we needed any help. She was kind of shocked seeing me wearing the shoes and walking around. " OOPS! Sorry if I disturbed you! " Seeing as Darian and I wear close to the same size ( shes a 9.5, I wear 10 ) we decided to snag a pair for each of us. The girl at the checkout counter was kind of shocked. Not something I would expect out of someone appearing to be of an alternative view. We get to gabbing and she tells us she actually saw those when they were put on display but never took a second look at them. after Darians raving about them the girl went back and snagged a pair for herself, put them on, then started complimenting them as well. Come to find out, the girl working at the store hasnt had the chance to see a guy buy heels before. I told her there are quite a few but its really not popular or something many guys admit to openly. Darian had an idea and decided to snag the other pair of 9.5 they had on display figuring she would wear these quite a lot and probably wear them out. We wound up leaving with 3 pairs of shoes.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

ILK with reference to the girl you describe I wouldn't have been surprised a ove here the way you describe the way dresses is quite mainstream amongst young girls and not alternative as it would hav been previously so it follows she would have a mainstream view. There also seems to be a trend for long bright red(and I mean red) hair over here which also would have been alternative but is just run of the mill now. Times are changing and that can't be bad for us.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

OMG those are so CUTE! hehe little moment there. As far as my tastes go they wouldn't really fit too well into my collection but I wouldn't rule them out either. The whole alternative thing with the store clerk though? Yes I'd have to agree with Foxy. Even here in the south it would seem that "Alternative" is "trendy" which I guess means that all the truly alternative people are gonna have to start shopping at Old Navy until this baby blows over. On the flip side some of the shock could have come from her thinking that you doing your own thing openly was refreshing in her eyes although this would probably be a only a small possibility. I also agree again with Foxy that times are indeed changing but it might be cool if it changed just a bit faster for us that are still shy like me. A sweet and in a way, romantic story. Thanks for the share. :)

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

I'll be honest as I already came out about it to the wife.. The sales girl was HOT! Just something about that whole gothic look that I really find.. I dunno what words to use.

Kate Beckinsale in ' Underworld '.. smoking!

http://3.bp.blogspot...-new-dawn-1.jpg

The sales girls outfit was something like this :

costume-schoolgirl-aaa8-7529blackwhite.jpg

..but the stockings were a bit torn and she had on boots.

I am right there with you on the gothic thing being hot. I used to love the goth look in high school but I was a little too math and science geek to hang with the gothic (then mod) crowd. My dad was a little bit surprised when I brought home my future wife and she wasn't the slightest bit mod.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

When I first saw underworld I said to my sister, :Kate could bite me anytime."

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

After a good dinner at a nice place tonight, Darian decided to let me in on something new. Something we never really discussed before. I know she has an eye for certain things and the topic of what that salesgirl was wearing came up. She mentioned that if she were younger, she would probably try that look to see if she could pull it off. Shes into Raves and such but at 29 ( soon to be 30 ) she didnt think it would be appropriate. I advised her she was sitting in a nice restaurant with a guy wearing wedge boots, womens jeans.. nobody cared.. Well.. were going shopping at " Hot Topic " tomorrow to try and find her an outfit. If they dont have anything, I guess it will be an ' online ' event then. Makes me wish I was 15 years younger. :( I bet I could sport a gothic schoolgirl outfit! LOL! :D Darian has this fetish of ' vampire interests '. She hated the whole ' Twilight ' thing, called it lame.. but Underworld and classical vampire stuff.. shes all into it.

Had an awesome ' Jaunt ' today at HotTopic! Found this in her size in the store: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/Dresses//Hell+Bunny+Departed+Tiered+Dress-702805.jsp They didnt have anything like what the sales girl was wearing though. Time to shop online.. Bogus :( . Buy stuff and pray it fits.

I used to joke about the following with a coworker from my old job. He agreed. "Goth chicks and catholic schoolgirls rule."

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.