Political Correctness, When Will This Insanity Stop?

Sterile habitats, Sterile, bodies, Sterile minds. An entire civilization that will be ripe for the picking by whatever power hungry entity wishes to take advantage of it. Society has two, and only two choices here. They can either wake up and smell the coffee, or they can breed distrust and division and allow the whole of human civilization to fall. Oh sure it will be eventually rebuilt, if anyone survives the next dark ages. Civilizations never fall with a short loud bang; they fall with a nearly imperceptible whisper over generations. History teaches us that with the exception of a choice few, society always crumbles from within. This shall be humanity's fate once again if something isn't done and done soon. I thought i would include my closing arguments from my "cursed" term paper I mentioned previously in this thread. I haven't opted to include the entire thing because of some of my more inflammatory views in case anyone was wondering.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Australia but Ilikekicks comment is a new one on me. I have not heard a mention of it in any of the media I see/watch but it does indeed sound insane enough to be something that these 'experts' would dream up.

I live in Australia but Ilikekicks comment is a new one on me. I have not heard a mention of it in any of the media I see/watch but it does indeed sound insane enough to be something that these 'experts' would dream up.

If there is one thing I've learned, is that people don't generally get the news they need from their own mainstream media sources for one simple reason. They don't want you to know it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If there is one thing I've learned, is that people don't generally get the news they need from their own mainstream media sources for one simple reason. They don't want you to know it.

Couldn't have said it better Shafted. (applause applause)

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

Whats really odd is I find out about a lot of things going on in the U.S. from outside the US news media.

I really have a curiosity in thinking that such is by design?

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

A word to the wise: it is possible that the outside media aren't giving a true picture. They're pandering to their readers' prejudices.

I would agree with you Megan except that the outside media is not my source of information. It is independent alternative media which provides references as to the source of the news stories. When mainstream media holds themselves to the same standards, I'll listen to them. Until then, they provide nothing more than their opinion. That is hardly newsworthy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Granted, but I was respondinding to two particular posts, and by outside I meant the media of another country. But ALL media have an axe to grind and shouldn't be taken at face value. One doesn't listen, one reads between the lines.

I only ask that any media source prove themselves. References as I learned from writing term papers in school were required. Why does the main stream media not require them? It would seem a necessity.

I dunno, but if we keep running this track, we will end taking the man out of huMANity...

I'll spurn the opportunity for making satirical comment. But yes, you've got the idea - huperchildity. It gets easier with practise. In no time you'll wonder how you ever said 'manoeuvre' instead of 'huperchildoevre' (sorry, that's huperchildeuver for our colonial friends). Of course, m-a-n and m-e-n can be retained for words with negative connotations like 'maniac' and 'demented'. ;)

When my girlfriend (of 32 years) found out I like heels I showed her an article printed in a sunday paper about Billy Connelly and his like of womens shoes, and I found a picture of him on holiday showing of his painted toenails. This was about 9-10 years ago. I showed her to prove I am not the only one (no I don't paint my nails).

life is not a rehearsal

Whats wrong with being offensive? If someone is offended by something you say, let them be offended, they won't die from it will they?

OK, I won't use the N word to describe a black person but to me they will be black and I'm not going to pussy foot around. If they call me white, will I be offended? No I won't!

People are already using the word "special" as an insult so that the term "special needs" will soon need replacing. What was ever wrong with "handicapped", "crippled" or "disabled"?

I will always call a bin liner a black bag and I will call extortion blackmail. By saying "this will be offensive to some people" is just pointing out to them that they could be offended where no offence would ever be intended.

If this offends then it says more about them than it does about me.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Whats wrong with being offensive? If someone is offended by something you say, let them be offended, they won't die from it will they?

OK, I won't use the N word to describe a black person but to me they will be black and I'm not going to pussy foot around. If they call me white, will I be offended? No I won't!

People are already using the word "special" as an insult so that the term "special needs" will soon need replacing. What was ever wrong with "handicapped", "crippled" or "disabled"?

I will always call a bin liner a black bag and I will call extortion blackmail. By saying "this will be offensive to some people" is just pointing out to them that they could be offended where no offence would ever be intended.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

BRAVO! Love what your saying!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

It reminds me.

I wonder what would have happened if the Battle of Trafalgar had happened 200 years later... (A satirical look at a slice of British history).

Nelson: Hardy, what's that!?

Hardy: Your message sir!

Nelson: I certainly didn't ask for: "England expects every person to do his or her duty regardless of race, colour, ability, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender expression or class."!

Hardy: Er, we have to be all inclusive sir.

Nelson: Really? What's the news from the crow's nest?

Hardy: It's closed I'm afraid sir.

Nelson: Whatever for?

Hardy: No disabled access!

Nelson (picking himself up off the floor): Alright then, set full sail, let's get on with it!

Hardy: Can't sir, the hi-vis vests and safety harnesses haven't come yet.

Nelson: What's that got to do with it?

Hardy: The crew can't climb more than 1.5 metres without safety harnesses sir.

Nelson: Right then! Man the guns!

Hardy: Sorry sir, you're not allowed to say that, it's sexist.

Nelson: So how am I supposed to attack the French?

Hardy: You can't sir, they're no longer enemies.

Nelson: Oh? Have they surrendered? That is good news!

Hardy: Not exactly sir.

Nelson: Don't tell me we've surrendered!!?

Hardy: No, not at all sir. They've become persons of differing opinions.

Nelson (rubbing his head): I suppose you're going to tell me that homosexuality is legal now.

Hardy: Actually, it is.

Nelson: In that case, Kiss Me Hardy!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It reminds me.

I wonder what would have happened if the Battle of Trafalgar had happened 200 years later... (A satirical look at a slice of British history).

Brilliant! I actually did laugh out loud!

I'm gonna read it again cos it's so funny!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

(that's me LingOL)

Billy Connelly is great, bet you did't know he likes to wear womens shoes and been known to paint his toenails have not seen him in heels though.

Found this about Billy's shoe vibe:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-192239/Billy-buckles-shoe.html

Funny that I should bring up a you-tube video of Billy only to find out he wears women's shoes! Shame about the film though - the idea is brilliant but the actual film was average, I thought.