Older Teenage Girls Asking For Your Fashion Advice.

LovesHiHeels

Couple of years ago I was dating this women and her 17 year daughter wanted to join us on a date. First the daughter asks me if it was ok for her to wear high heels. She didn't want to walk to far in high heels but that was fine since I made would make sure I park very close to the venue. She then asks what heels to wear with the dress. I thought she was talking to her mum but her mum wasn't in the room. I picked out a pair of heels for her. She keeps her shoes in the living room on show and she did have a nice but small collection of heels. Her mum on the other hand wears flats or sometimes shoes with a small heel. Then just a month ago I went to pick this new women for a 2nd date and her daughter asks me she if she looked fine to go clubbing. This time she was wearing a pair of leather jeans. She did look fine in them. Is this normal for teenage daughters to ask a almost complete stranger about fashion advice.

I figure she see's you dress well and like your fashion sense. Must be comfotable with your appearance, I assume you were wearing heels? Otherwise I would think it a bit odd to ask a stranger for advice. Our maybe Mom doesn't like what she wears and needed a second opinion. I would take it as a compliment.

Well I did think it was a bit odd at the time. Being it was a 2nd date so I did look smart and well groomed. I can't wear high heels out. My other passion is scooters and music. I go to lots of scooter rallies where there are skinheads and mods. I think I would look out of place wearing heels. Then again you see all sort at these rallies. I tend to wear my loafers with the tassels not my Doc Martins boots now. Some of the skinhead girls also wear the same loafers with the tassels. As for the mum, she doesn't mind what her daughter wears. but she herself never wears skirts.

Yep, get used to it. There are a few teen aged girls that I interact with at work. And once they realize your 'in the club' they'll ask if they like what they see.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Maybe she thinks you dress cool! Many women ask me for fashion ideas. Even my mom! She asked me to pick up a pair of pants for her when I go shopping sometime. Its very ironic, she really hates the way I dress. But she knows I'm very knowlegable about fashion.

My wife has 2 younger sisters. One is 19 and the other is 23-24ish. They are for the most part what I would call ' frumpy ' on a daily basis. They have all these nice clothes, yet, they cannot assemble an outfit on their own. Constantly asking for advice and I dont know what works for them.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Wife and two daughters, here. I never interfered. Made suggestions from time to time only to be reminded that I had no taste what so ever.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've had it go both ways: I've had some teenaged female relatives actually get miffed at my opinions, and I've also encountered teenaged girls who like to discuss different fashion ideas with me. I think it so much depends on the individual. As an aside, I'm a big fan of the American TV show, "What Not To Wear." I definitely could have been a candidate for that show not so many years ago. However, I somehow doubt Stacy and Clinton will have any of their male candidates wearing heels anytime soon. Too bad.

As an aside, I'm a big fan of the American TV show, "What Not To Wear." I definitely could have been a candidate for that show not so many years ago. However, I somehow doubt Stacy and Clinton will have any of their male candidates wearing heels anytime soon. Too bad.

Same here. It was a great show. They both were very good at explaining why things work together or don't. JeffB should love them because like myself, they don't subscribe to rules like "no white after labor day". They aren't afraid to bash fashionistas over their silly little rules.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I often discuss with the stepdaughter, she knows that I can give two opinions one for my true age as a dad and also with a younger view. I watch when I step out in heels with her friends around but her close friends know and are pretty fair about it and are more open to suggestions, taking on the ideas and extending further. A couple where not too confident in heels (even at 2") but are now learning with some tips from me. It really is a great thrill and boost when they were told that I walk very well in heels better than she or her mum. Al

Give me a Glamour Magazine (for a middle class budget girl) or Vogue (for the upwardly mobile financially independent woman) and FIVE minutes with her and I could probably style entire outfits for key social/business contexts in a matter of minutes.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me of when my sister and her daughter were visiting my wife and I in Detroit Michigan. My wife and niece were getting some things from the spare bedroom and my niece noticed a few pairs of size 12 heels. My neice asked who wears a size 12. I told here I did. She said you have great taste. I dropped the subject at that point. Later we went shopping and she ask me if I knew where to get any nice heels. I told here I did she told my wife and sister they could go check out another store if they wanted to. The ladies asked why do you want to shop with your uncle ? She stated he has better taste in heels. I had to laugh. However , I also had to pay. We all had a great day she still reminds me of that day.

This reminds me of when my sister and her daughter were visiting my wife and I in Detroit Michigan. My wife and niece were getting some things from the spare bedroom and my niece noticed a few pairs of size 12 heels. My neice asked who wears a size 12. I told here I did. She said you have great taste. I dropped the subject at that point.

Later we went shopping and she ask me if I knew where to get any nice heels. I told here I did she told my wife and sister they could go check out another store if they wanted to. The ladies asked why do you want to shop with your uncle ? She stated he has better taste in heels. I had to laugh. However , I also had to pay. We all had a great day she still reminds me of that day.

That's a pretty cool story.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!