I Have Made The Switch To Women's Jeans

mlroseplant

Upon the advice of several on this forum, I trotted my happy self down to my local thrift store and perused the women's jean section. Evidently, I'm a size 4 petite. Who knew I was so tiny? I wound up picking up a size 4 regular also, which I had my mom hem, because the pantlegs were about 1 1/2" too long. Even my mom said that these fit me a lot better than men's jeans, and she's a little dubious of my fashion choices lately. Up to now, my technique had been to buy a men's 30-30 (no, not the rifle, LOL) straight-leg jean, wash them several times, and dry them hot, hot, hot, within an inch of their lives, trying to get them to shrink down. The consistent end result was a jean that fit pretty tight in the waist and seat, but still had about 3" of extra fabric around the thighs. Sloppy looking. And then the damn things would STILL catch on the backs of my mules. Now, with a boot-cut size 4, the upper legs are flatteringly close fitting, but the bottoms don't get caught between my foot and the back of my shoes, yay! So now what? I guess I'll use the five new pairs of men's jeans I just bought (got 'em for 5 bucks a piece on Black Friday) as work pants. Or give some of them to Goodwill. I don't think I can stand to wear those sloppy looking pants any more.

Well, good for you, my friend. Hope you enjoy your new jeans! Perhaps you can post a picture so we can see what you look like in them along with a pair of heels.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have found they fit better. Not so much extra material in the butt and like you found, not so baggy in the legs. I have had more complements on how much better I look in womans jeans. Of course, they did not know they were womans jeans. And what's amazing is, I have only liked levis jeans. I am now wearing cheap walmart jeans and love the fit.

Welcome to the club. I find the thrift store selections in the womens jeans are so much better, and the different fit selections are far better than the mens selections. My only problem is with the wife. She's not really upset with the concept of me wearing womens jeans, but that I can find so many that fit me where she can't. She's hard to fit. Being that I am a bit smaller in jeans sizes doesn't help matters.

Totally agree that the fit is better - i much prefer them. The only drawback for me is that the buttoning or opening does up the 'wrong way' compared to mens jeans. Maybe i am paronoid but i sort of feel that i am going to get caught our or spotted because of this.

Well, good for you, my friend. Hope you enjoy your new jeans! Perhaps you can post a picture so we can see what you look like in them along with a pair of heels.

I'll see if I can play with the self timer on my camera. I haven't had the chance to use it yet.

And what's amazing is, I have only liked levis jeans. I am now wearing cheap walmart jeans and love the fit.

Yes, I have to admit the Wal-Mart "Faded Glory" brand seems to be an awfully good value at under 15 bucks a pop.

My only problem is with the wife. She's not really upset with the concept of me wearing womens jeans, but that I can find so many that fit me where she can't. She's hard to fit. Being that I am a bit smaller in jeans sizes doesn't help matters.

My wife has yet to say anything, because she's been working massive overtime, and I only see her a couple hours a day. Surely she's noticed. She sure noticed my new mules I got from ebay.

Totally agree that the fit is better - i much prefer them. The only drawback for me is that the buttoning or opening does up the 'wrong way' compared to mens jeans. Maybe i am paronoid but i sort of feel that i am going to get caught our or spotted because of this.

Really? Maybe they are made differently on the other side of the pond. While it's true that women's shirts button the opposite way here in North America, the pants are the same. I just checked several of my wife's pants just to make sure I haven't lost my mind.

As an interesting aside, it is true that all of the men's shirts I've bought in Vietnam button the "wrong" way.

I too have made the switch to womens jeans... and I love it!! My girlfriend loves the way they fit me and the amount of compliments I get are astounding. Whenever I wear women's items in general , I get a ton of compliments from ladies all over. I guess they just like seeing something different. If you have a nice figure and great legs, why not wear something that helps to show it off?? Old Navy has awesome fitting jeans. You can also find great deals at the Goodwill.

Been wearing women's jeans for years. First JC Penney, now Target's Merona brand. Great selection of bootcut jeans, plus I can try them on before buying, which is better than buying online and having to return them. Steve

I've often thought about making a switch to more fitted clothing all around but two issues come up. #1) I've always wore loose fit jeans so because of that even dress pants in the proper size feel too constrictive. #2) Being of the fairly large persuasion I don't like the idea of my "bulk" being accentuated, not to mention the "man boobs" issue. (don't mean to be graphic about it lol) I'm 5'11" and over 250lbs with a large percentage of that not being muscle I might add. Yet I still think about it from time to time. I do think that guys smaller and/or taller than me look fantasic in women's jeans though. It seems that women have a butt load more fashion choices with regard to sizing and overall fit, not to mention colors and patterns.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

I find that the best jean styling fit for me are the Misses sizings. They hug the waist, but flair out a bit for the derriere section to give more room to use the pockets and then taper inward down the legs to create the taylored look. I have generally worn the bootcuts, but the regular and slim cuts seem to appeal more to me as I continue to wear stilettos in public. Anyone can wear any kind of elevated heel shoes, but the actual stilettos, spikes, wedges, blocks and etc. are footwear creations made to place each foot in raised heel profile and then present their designed purpose, their styling lines, and their textured attractiveness for all to see. Diminishing this affect by letting the jeans cover their heels doesn't bode well in communicating ones happiness and enjoyment to wear and exhibit such beauty. One may ask: Can guys and gals share the need to experience personal beauty with the same adornments? Well, I may be one guy, but I doubt that I am alone in wanting to wear the same stiletto heels and cut of jeans women are wearing.

Me too, and i gotta say i could not be happier with the fit. I have 8 pairs so far. i get mine @ justfab.com basic boot with a 7 3/4" front rise with a 35" inseam. they also have a 32" inseam as well i take a mens 33x32 and in justfab jeans i find a 31 suits me just fine. i don't understand why mens jeans fit so horribly. Larry

Women's jeans and pants in general work better with heels. You can choose any length you want. I could not get mens jeans with a 25" waist and an inseam of 34", not going to happen. It seems with mens jeans, the smaller the waist, the shorter the leg. My favorite girls jeans are yoga jeans. They are made from the company secondyoga denim. They won't shrink and are made very well and could pass for dressy pants. I've worn them with pumps and suits jackets out on the town. Just awesome.

So far I've not found a women's skinny jean that fits me, I just don't have enough rear end padding to fill them out properly and wind up with baggy butt. I was crushed when Levi discontinued my beloved EX-GF jean.

http://www.levistrau...g-ex-girlfriend

And yes the hang tag made me chuckle too when I got my pair.

I've to retire them from daily use. But I'm hanging on to them because they might also fetch some premium bucks in a few years.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've tried women's jeans in the past and found several kinds that fit me perfectly and looked much better than any men's jeans. But mostly the pockets were too small to be practical or useful. I guess women keep all their stuff in a handbag and never put anything in their pockets. Of course, stuff in your pockets spoils the look of the jeans, but I'm not ready to start carrying a handbag.

Well, I've been wearing women's jeans, most notably, Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans and a.n.a. skinny jeans with my knee high and thigh high boots for the last several years now and I love how well they fit, and because of the smooth, form fitting profile, I never put anything into the pockets which are borderline useless because of how shallow they are, so yes, a handbag is essential, and for those who know me, I never go on my outings without one. But I digress, wearing men's jeans on my jaunts no longer occurs to me anymore.

Jeffb< I've seen the GV "Amanda" jeans, at Kohl's for example, and wondered about them and your post may well convince me to try a pair. I don't have any thigh-high boots but have knee-high boots, wedges, and pumps that I'm sure these jeans would pair well with. HappyinHeels

I've tried women's jeans in the past and found several kinds that fit me perfectly and looked much better than any men's jeans. But mostly the pockets were too small to be practical or useful. I guess women keep all their stuff in a handbag and never put anything in their pockets. Of course, stuff in your pockets spoils the look of the jeans, but I'm not ready to start carrying a handbag.

There are rather neutral bags. Some even look like they are more for utility than for elegant.

I have one that fits exactly an iPad and I can put a number of other things in it as well. I use that when I do not have enough

pocket space. And you also have a good excuse: you wanted to take your iPad along.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Jeffb< I've seen the GV "Amanda" jeans, at Kohl's for example, and wondered about them and your post may well convince me to try a pair. I don't have any thigh-high boots but have knee-high boots, wedges, and pumps that I'm sure these jeans would pair well with. HappyinHeels

Good for you. By all means, let us know how those jeans work for you.

I too prefer to wear women's jeans Even my wife likes the look of them on me. I have Levi's, MetroStyle, Chadwicks, Faded Glory (Walmart) and other brands of women's jeans, both straight legged, tailored and boot cut and in lots of colors too. I also have DKNY skinny jeans that fit me well and Hue Original Jean style Leggings (Jeggings), that I wear with my knee boots. The boots with the skinny jeans and leggings are always on the outside. I have received many compliments on that look. I'll take them any day. Therefore, for you guys that are hesitant about wearing women's jeans, go for it and you will never go back to the ugly and baggy look of men's jeans! Happy Heeling, bluejay

I too prefer to wear women's jeans Even my wife likes the look of them on me. I have Levi's, MetroStyle, Chadwicks, Faded Glory (Walmart) and other brands of women's jeans, both straight legged, tailored and boot cut and in lots of colors too. I also have DKNY skinny jeans that fit me well and Hue Original Jean style Leggings (Jeggings), that I wear with my knee boots. The boots with the skinny jeans and leggings are always on the outside. I have received many compliments on that look. I'll take them any day.

Therefore, for you guys that are hesitant about wearing women's jeans, go for it and you will never go back to the ugly and baggy look of men's jeans!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

The only problem, is the sizing seems to have been created by a drunk irishman that wanted to punish people. Size 4, could be anything from holy balls this is too much at the waist, to i'm not a sausage, this is too small.

I might be a skosh bitter, but all that said, they do fit my skinny self better.

I have women's jeans but don't have the courage to wear them around my family becouse the a bit old fashioned

That's kinda funny for me - I had on three different pairs of womens jeans on before they ended up in the wash. Nobody noticed until my wife did the laundry. She looked at them, looked at the size, looked at me, and said " Who the hell wears a size 10 around this house?" of which I replied "Me" - - - -

She wasn't to thrilled with the idea that my jeans were smaller than hers, but beyond that, she hasn't said a thing.

Well thank you for bringing this topic again on the forum. I just wanted to give it a try a few weeks ago, but as I am 6'4 I am a bit confused. My big problem with mens pants is I have not enough butts and it looks awful. My question with womens jeans is which length do I have to select (34 or 36). I bet it depends on the cut ? Only problem is where to find the longer ones ?

I have women's jeans but don't have the courage to wear them around my family becouse the a bit old fashioned

Just don't get them so they are too tight. No one will notice.

Well thank you for bringing this topic again on the forum. I just wanted to give it a try a few weeks ago, but as I am 6'4 I am a bit confused. My big problem with mens pants is I have not enough butts and it looks awful. My question with womens jeans is which length do I have to select (34 or 36). I bet it depends on the cut ? Only problem is where to find the longer ones ?

the butt was my problem. Mens jeans made it worse. I also hated how low the crotch rode,

Which was the main reason for trying womans jeans.

I have "mid" rise jeans so now with the waist of the jean where I wear them, the crotch

Is a little higher. But, not so hi as to put the 8 ball and cue ball in the corner pocket, if you

Know what I mean.

The material is much better. A little thinner and lighter, good for summer, and a little bit

Stretchy.

Try going commando.

I am surprised at the number of people whose "lack of meatiness" in the posterior department has been solved by women's jeans. One would think it would be the opposite. And sometimes, it is.

I have a male friend who is still to this day kind of "fashion challenged." Back in the late 80s when we were broke, he would buy all his jeans from the thrift shop, and the main criteria was which ones had the least holes in the $1 bin. He would often buy women's jeans, as he didn't care much how they looked, just as long as they covered his backside. And I must say, he looked pretty funny sometimes, and not in a good way. He really has no butt, and his jeans of the day were often poofy in the hips. This image was burned into my brain, and put me off for a long time about ever going to the other side of the store.

Fast forward 20 years: I married into a Vietnamese family, so naturally I have a lot of contact with Asian girls/women. Most of them seem to know how to wear their jeans (and their tiny little shorts) well. Then one day it hit me: Hey, wait a minute--none of these girls has any butt either, and their jeans seem to fit them just fine. Maybe I ought to revisit this. So here I am, discussing this with y'all!

I'm not really sure what to tell you tall fellows, as I've never had that problem at 5'6"/167cm. I do know that in general, women tend to have longer legs and shorter torsos than men, so maybe all is not lost. I've also noticed that in my son's high school, there are so many more tall girls, in the 6 foot range, than there used to be. I don't think this is my imagination. Anyway, they must get their jeans somewhere. I think it's just a matter of going out there and just trying on pants until you figure out approximately what size range you are. Good luck!

About 6 months ago i went out to my local meiers and decided to try on a pair of ladies levis. Men jeans litterally sag in the back and my wife has always said your jeans are falling off and look terrible so I wondered after ckecking out the levi web site and found out by comments that alot of guys wear womens jeans because they look and fit better! so i bought a pair of midrise levis slimming jeans and first of all i had to try a couple of pairs to get the right fit but they look great and slimming ladies jeans hug my butt and do not sag. And I love how they show off my sandals and high heels! my men jeans hide to much of the heels I also bought a pair of levis ladies shorts mary jane type tad bit longer tho Most ladies can tell by the jeans I am wearing they are ladies and And I got use to the small pockets in the front and back But wife likes the fact i cant fill them with paper receipts and junk and besides ladies jeans look terrible with full pockets anyway Like I said ladies jeans fit great and slim out my legs and make me sexy in my heels even my wifes friend Laura loves the look. So buy a pair or two You will be surprised how much better your legs look and ladies jeans have a bit of stetch to them and i bought a slightly tighter pair also and they do not want to cut off your circulation like a mans pair would if you down sized

I do know that in general, women tend to have longer legs and shorter torsos than men,

Actually, it's just the opposite, due to space requirements for reproduction.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.