Have We Gone Too Far With Heels And Fashion?

Curt

A saw a woman in a restaurant tonight with kneehigh boots on, skinny jeans and long blonde hair. I look at women for fashion ideas, instead of trying to get hooked up with dates. Is that normal? I think I should have been a fashion designer or a model. High fashion is like a religion to me. I can't feel too bad because almost every highend womans shoe was created by a man. And I bet you they wore them too!

Ever thought about trying to get in the fashion industry?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

When we can't or don't acknowledge the worth of an individual, then we are on a slippery slide to indifference and selfishness. Certainly we can't be a part of everyone's life, but we can at least realize they are just as important and should be given respect and courtesy should we have the opportunity to intersect their acknowledgement in some manner of degree. I need to work on this myself, for I have also missed the wearer because I was so engaged in viewing their heels.

pumpcat/HiStiletto, You both are so right about this. I was in a mall tonight actually looking for a NineWest store and passed through Macy's and noticed a girl cleaning the glass surface of oen of the cosmetic counters whilst wearing a skirt, leggings, and knee-high 5-6" heel boots. I had on my Bakers knit cap, my Kenneth Cole Reaction (with belt), and my "Lucee" knee-high boots with 5.5" stiletto heels under my jeans and walked up to her and said that I loved her boots. She turned around and checked me out and absolutely gushed with pride and appeared equally impressed by my boots. We chatted about 3 minutes and I was on my way. It cost me nothing but was apparently priceless to her. And the cause of humanity was advanced. pumpcat- I do think Shafted is onto something. You appear to be a creative person, and understand the fashion trends that you see. You do not have to have a wonderful-sounding French name like me, or a hard-to-pronounce name in Italian, or be gay or any of those things. You only need a passion burning deep inside and the determination to bring that passion forward. If nobody pursued the passion they feel we would live in a world of Soviet-style footwear, everything drab and utilitarian. We see the myriad of colors, styles, and fabrics precisely because of the freedom to express oneself and the willingness to bring that creative power to many people. Probably the best legacy of this website may be the knowledge that one of our members followed a dream, that passion burning within one's soul, and became the designer of tomorrow's new big thing with an emphasis of supporting men's fashion the way men have supported women's. Perhaps you, my friend, are tomorrow's answer to create a new line of clothing and footwear, that bridge the gap and demolish the notion of fashion dictated by gender and instead shall be dictated by the individual. HappyinHeels

A saw a woman in a restaurant tonight with kneehigh boots on, skinny jeans and long blonde hair. I look at women for fashion ideas, instead of trying to get hooked up with dates. Is that normal?

Why wouldnt that be normal? We dont need to rock with the cock on every woman we see or look at. At one point, I would check out some women and didnt even ask myself if she was worth dating. I wasnt interested in any kind of relationship as I was too busy in life. ' put it away ' and just admire the look/beauty of someone else. Ya dont have to hump them. :P

I think I should have been a fashion designer or a model. High fashion is like a religion to me. I can't feel too bad because almost every highend womans shoe was created by a man. And I bet you they wore them too!

The only limits you have in life are the ones imposed by government and the ones you set upon yourself. Once you conquer those 2 things, you will excel at whatever you put your mind to.

That being said, if you wish to be a Model.. why not? If you wish to be a designer.. why not? Go for it! Be the best at whatever you do and overcome all you can in life!

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

A saw a woman in a restaurant tonight with kneehigh boots on, skinny jeans and long blonde hair. I look at women for fashion ideas, instead of trying to get hooked up with dates. Is that normal?

I think it's normal to want to capture the feeling a woman feels when wearing pretty or feminine heels. Provided that's what your desire is.

It gets out of control (and therefore not normal) when it becomes a self-perpetuating classically conditioned response over which we have no control. The desire is born in the visual stimulus experience of beholding a woman's beauty. It second gets powerfully conditioned as either an emotion we feel, a kinesthetic body reaction we have, both, or even an auditory click (the all famous click of a stiletto). Soon enough, we can lose track of what the ORIGINAL source of everything was--the biologically born female body. We instead waste our time trying to recreate the emotion, the kinesthetic body reaction, or the auditory click because we confuse their powerful secondary effects with being first cause stimuli. So when the desire to replicate that feeling becomes an all consuming obsession, divorced from the original stimuli of the biologically born female body, yeah I think it can at least lead to possible "abnormality".

How does this relate to your question? Because the above tests your motivation for being a model, designer, or any way otherwise involved in the fashion industry. If you value art and creation of beauty for the innate value and pleasure they bring to humanity (and yourself) -- and you value them apart from the aforementioned emotions, kinesthetic response, and auditory clicks -- then I say by all means "plan your work and work your plan". Of course this might not apply to you at all in which case feel free to completely disregard--ha!

p.s. I know the above explanation is open to logical loopholes inherent in Pavlovs Model, but that doesn't mean there's no value in the communication as such. Not looking to debate the whole history of various schools of thought if you catch my drift.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.