Another Internet Article I Found

Shafted

Short, but it shows the attitude of one woman dealing with men in heels. http://www.shoed-in.com/ashoeblog/2011/08/31/men-in-high-heels/

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

"the truth is out there". I've always thought for every man that actually tries on and buys heels in-person there are five more that buy shoes only on the Internet hoping they'll fit and dream, five more that either gaze at heels through the store windows and dream, three more that just watch women come and go with their heels and dream, three more that enter the store to get as close as possible to heels but are too scared to buy...and dream, and three more that actually buy heels by swooping in and scooping them up hoping they'll fit when they get home or into their car. There are way more interested than actually buy in-person but the traffic is still there. I I was in DSW just south of the Chicago Loop at Friday and saw some gorgeous taupe pumps by ZigiSoho with 6.3" heels which I tried on in the aisle. Two women passed by and one talked to me while the other sat right next to me and tried on the same pump in a smaller size and we looked at each other, both smiling and both glad for the moment. My point here is that when I smile the world smiles back at me. When I show confidence the world must deal with me on my terms: meet civility with dignity and you'll have a winner most of the time. HappyinHeels

Shafted, thanks for posting the article. Happyin Heels, I also have tried on heels at DSW next to women too. I have had conversations with many of them, about wearing heels. Last July, I was with another HHP heeler (Steve63130) and his wife at DSW. We met this petite young woman, who said that she really thought men wearing heels was fantastic. Steve and I were both wearing the same sandal from Naturalizer "Daquiri" 3 1/2" heel, The best part about it we both had pedi's and she liked that too!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

I have to relate this story that happened over the holidays: My DH and I went shopping at an outlet mall after Christmas. While my DH stepped into the tool outlet I walked over to the Nine West store since they had sent me a coupon with a very nice discount! While I was in the store and I browsing around, I rounded the end of one of the display cases and there was a man trying on a pair of black pumps. I wasn't expecting to see him and I don't think he was expecting to see me, but we made eye contact and he simply smiled and went about the business of trying on the shoes and walking around a bit. I noticed the style was the same as one that I had purchased previously and they tended to run a little small. I casually mentioned to him that he might want to size up a half size since I owned the same shoes and that worked well for me. He thanked me and continued smiling. He caught my eye again as he moved to pay for his shoes and offered me a thumbs up! Hopefully, he's somewhere enjoying his Nine West pumps!!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

Thanks Debbie for relating your story at the Nine West Outlet store. I can assure you it was not me, as it's along way for me to shop in NC. However I do shop at the Nine West outlet store in my area. The clerks know me and are always suggesting shoes or boots for me to try on. I have made several great buys at that store. They are always so helpful and they always tell me about the other men, that come in, some try on and others just buy heels. I can't say enough about Nine West. I am waiting to see if Nine West will publish my review on my new boot purchase. They are called "Escapegoat" and I even posted a pic of me wearing them in the review. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-20613100-1358953100_thumb.jp

Bluejay, you are welcome. Glad to have a chance to post the story. There were some other people in the store who seemed appalled that a man would be trying on womens shoes...watching them was downright fun, too. While I have my share of "designer shoes"...I only buy them in classic styles...so they are not about to go out of style next season. I also love many of the styles Nine West has to offer and for a moderate price, I can try some trendy styles and colors. To me, shoes are simply fun and a great way to spice up an outfit! Perhaps NW will print your review. I've had a number of mine added to their website over the years. Good luck!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

A most interesting article indeed. I find it very refreshing that women like Debbi can be openminded about men who choose to and like wearing high heels. Pretty cool if I do say so myself.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Debbi. I love the styles you show in the other post. It's great hearing your story. I too live in NC and buy and wear heels publically all the time. Only one time did I ever get an unsolicited comment such as ours when a woman went out of her way to come up to me and say how much she loved my shoes. At the time i was wearing pair of 5" FOH basic pumps with jeans that covered about half the heel while shopping a BJ's wholesale club. I am sure this guy's day was really made by you and I'll bet he has no clue of this site. Thank you for him.

Hi Debbi. I love the styles you show in the other post. It's great hearing your story.

I too live in NC and buy and wear heels publically all the time. Only one time did I ever get an unsolicited comment such as ours when a woman went out of her way to come up to me and say how much she loved my shoes. At the time i was wearing pair of 5" FOH basic pumps with jeans that covered about half the heel while shopping a BJ's wholesale club. I am sure this guy's day was really made by you and I'll bet he has no clue of this site.

Thank you for him.

I am sure this man was smiling from ear to ear after the comment that Debbi made to him, in the Nine West store. I sometimes get those compliments too from other women shoppers. It's always nice to get a compliment, that's why I like to compliment women and/or men who are wearing great looking heels. If you read my earlier post on this thread , I received a compliment, Sunday, from a woman shopper in the BonTon Department store about my Nine West "Scapegoat" heeled, knee boots, I was wearing at the time . She said that they looked great on me. I thanked her for the compliment and told her all about the boots, while I was standing in line to pay for my pair of Hue" Original Jean style Leggings"(Jeggings).

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I had a comment to me once. I tried on a pair of kneehigh boots. I said to the woman next to me: I don't care if these are girls boots, they are so awesome, she said: any man that can wear and walk in heels like that is just so cool! She went on to say how she was sorry that men are stuck with wearing lame clothes. You should wear what you feel good in!

Hello all. I'm the editor of Shoed-In Magazine, where the article was written. I am so happy to find shoe lovers here. My team and I believe everyone should feel free to wear whatever shoes make them feel "shoedin!" I'd like to talk with you more about the topic for the magazine. Is anyone interested in being interviewed or writing an essay? -JaNea

Hello all. I'm the editor of Shoed-In Magazine, where the article was written. I am so happy to find shoe lovers here. My team and I believe everyone should feel free to wear whatever shoes make them feel "shoedin!"

I'd like to talk with you more about the topic for the magazine. Is anyone interested in being interviewed or writing an essay?

-JaNea

Sure! What would you like to know?

If I might make a suggestion? Start a topic/thread on the site here and just ask away with whatever questions you may have. There are MANY good people here with all sorts of reflections on what they wear and why they wear it. Im sure you will recieve more responses then your expecting ;)

-ILK.

( EDIT: Damn, Shafted beat me to it! ;) )

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I would assume you would find mountains of information within the pages of this forum. Just browse around awhile, but be prepared because there are things discussed here I bet you've never thought about. Likewise, fire away. I'llanswer questions, too.

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That works too and has the added bonus of having all your info in one place. (in reference to ILK's post)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Interesting, I agree with the comments just as much as the author.

Sure! What would you like to know?

If I might make a suggestion? Start a topic/thread on the site here and just ask away with whatever questions you may have. There are MANY good people here with all sorts of reflections on what they wear and why they wear it. Im sure you will recieve more responses then your expecting ;)

-ILK.

( EDIT: Damn, Shafted beat me to it! ;) )

Great suggestion! I will do just that -- looking forward to your responses!

Thank You

-JaNea

Wow this may turn out to be two media interviews for me in that many days.